Meguiar's Black Wax

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 05:53 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Cool Meguiar's Black Wax

Let me preface this with a little background info: I am not a car-care fanatic. Other than regular washes (not the 2 bucket method bc that is just too much extra work) & waxing every 3 months, I do not do anything special like claying. I also only buy over-the-counter type products that you can find @ Wal-Mart, however, when I moved up to luxury cars I spent a little extra & went from ArmorAll/TurtleWax to Meguiar's. From then on, I was hooked on the NXT Tech Wax followed by Ulitmate Wax, as they were easy to wipe on & off without residue.

I replaced my NighHawk Black Pearl 2004 Acura TSX with a 2014 Crystal Black Pearl RLX & decided to try the relatively new Meguiar's Black Wax. This stuff was definitely thicker than the NXT 2.0 & thus harder to wipe on/off - but not terribly so, mind you. It also leaves residue behind in all the little cracks & crevices like the parking sensor circles on the bumper. As with all their products, this had a pleasant smell.

As the attached pictures show, it really did make my car shinier than the other waxes. It also reduced the visible swirl marks. You can also see how well it beads because fate always makes it rain right after I wash/wax. Too soon to say how long the wax lasts tho.

I used the Ultimate Wax on the lights, grille & chrome parts as I was not sure if the Black Wax was safe on them.

For those of you with dark cars, I recommend this product if you are looking for a relatively cheap ($8.99) but good wax.

Attached Thumbnails Meguiar's Black Wax-img_20150531_175130.jpg   Meguiar's Black Wax-img_20150531_173117.jpg   Meguiar's Black Wax-img_20150601_071346.jpg   Meguiar's Black Wax-img_20150603_173944.jpg  

Last edited by TSX69; 06-11-2015 at 06:05 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by TSX69:
hondamore (06-11-2015), Limelight (06-17-2015), RLX-Sport Hybrid (06-11-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 07:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,164 Likes on 536 Posts
Originally Posted by TSX69
Let me preface this with a little background info: I am not a car-care fanatic. Other than regular washes (not the 2 bucket method bc that is just too much extra work) & waxing every 3 months, I do not do anything special like claying. I also only buy over-the-counter type products that you can find @ Wal-Mart, however, when I moved up to luxury cars I spent a little extra & went from ArmorAll/TurtleWax to Meguiar's. From then on, I was hooked on the NXT Tech Wax followed by Ulitmate Wax, as they were easy to wipe on & off without residue.

I replaced my NighHawk Black Pearl 2004 Acura TSX with a 2014 Crystal Black Pearl RLX & decided to try the relatively new Meguiar's Black Wax. This stuff was definitely thicker than the NXT 2.0 & thus harder to wipe on/off - but not terribly so, mind you. It also leaves residue behind in all the little cracks & crevices like the parking sensor circles on the bumper. As with all their products, this had a pleasant smell.

As the attached pictures show, it really did make my car shinier than the other waxes. It also reduced the visible swirl marks. You can also see how well it beads because fate always makes it rain right after I wash/wax. Too soon to say how long the wax lasts tho.

I used the Ultimate Wax on the lights, grille & chrome parts as I was not sure if the Black Wax was safe on them.

For those of you with dark cars, I recommend this product if you are looking for a relatively cheap ($8.99) but good wax.

Very impressive! Looks great!
Old 06-11-2015, 11:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Reason it reduced the swirls contains fillers .. Here is a hint that will save the crack & creavices... Apply it very thin.. With sealants more is not better. Should be able to do the RLX with less than 2 oz.
The following users liked this post:
TSX69 (06-12-2015)
Old 06-28-2015, 07:13 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jesstzn
Reason it reduced the swirls contains fillers .. Here is a hint that will save the crack & creavices... Apply it very thin.. With sealants more is not better. Should be able to do the RLX with less than 2 oz.

I like waxing with a DA polisher, puts thin coat of wax on.
Old 06-28-2015, 06:26 PM
Cruisin'

Finished detailing my 2015 TLX with Megs ultimate liquid . Used ultimate paste wax on my 2012 Street Glide.

2012 FLHX detailed with megs ultimage paste wax.

2015 TLX detailed with ultimate liquid wax and my Porter cable DA polisher.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:48 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by TSX69

This product contains fillers and dyes that cosmetically cover up scratches and swirls. However, this "cover up" will not last more than a couple of washes making you have to frequently reapply the product. Marketing 101 is to keep customers coming back for more. I prefer to correct the problem at the source by getting rid of swirls via machine polishing. You will not need to reapply every 3 months and you will have less work in maintaining the finish so long as you use proper techniques for washing.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:00 PM
C8N
Burning Brakes

Received 134 Likes on 109 Posts
Anything with oil can potentially act as a filler. I know of no wax that does not contain oil.

Meguiar's Black Wax is actually an AIO and has abrasives.

The following users liked this post:
TSX69 (08-29-2015)
Old 07-27-2015, 02:55 PM
8th Gear

That's a great graphic of how each wax is formed..I'll probably stick with the clean and wax though