Chadwick's Triple Play

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 03:19 PM
Drifting

Received 554 Likes on 387 Posts
Chadwick's Triple Play

I came across this product recently and found no mention of it on AZ so I wanted to share. It's called Chadwick's Triple Play and is a game changer. For most detailing purists, this is something they will never try because of the bad reputation waterless washes have (and rightfully so). This is one of those products that you use on every surface, from glass to paint to wheels…even the interior. I’m not a fan of waterless washes so I’ve only used a couple throughout my life, but this one is completely different.

I found out about it from a shop I visited a couple weeks ago. I took the TL there to get a tire plugged and the owner showed it to me. He did a small section of my hood and I was amazed at how it felt and what it looked like when he was done. He had just plugged my tire for free so I figured I’d buy a bottle (I didn’t need the whole kit because I already had everything else it came with). It would allow me to try it out (on the wife’s Odyssey first, of course) and I wouldn’t feel guilty for him not charging me. The idea of being able to have the results of a full detail in a fraction of the time definitely had me intrigued.

I’m analytical by nature, so I had to do some research before I decided to go all in on this product. I spent the better part of that afternoon reading about it, as well as finding as many reviews as I could. The results were pretty crazy. I was not able to find one negative comment about it from someone who actually used it. The few people bashing it were chalking it up as just another waterless wash system and had no intention of ever trying it. A lot of the reviews from actual users were coming from people with high end cars…from Lambos to Porsches to Vettes. I found several from people who use it on their daily drivers as well, with the same favorable reviews.

Well I did the Ody over the July 4th weekend and couldn’t believe my eyes. The end result was better than any full detail I’ve done since we’ve owned it, not only the look but also the feel. It did take me a couple of hours but that’s because the first time you use it you have to “block” it. It’s a process similar to using a clay bar but instead a nanoskin sponge is used. Regardless, compare that two hours to how long it would’ve taken me to wash/dry/wax and it’s definitely less time consuming. Going forward it should only take 20-30 mins, until it needs the block again.

I did the TL yesterday and was again amazed at the outcome. The paint has never looked this good! Even my wife commented on it and that’s a first in the (almost) five years I’ve owned it.

One last personal testimonial: The guy I sit next to at work just bought a Tesla and based on prior conversations I know he’s not an avid detailer. I told him about it and he did his research as well, then bought a kit for himself and one for his father-in-law. He is just as impressed with it as I am. His car is black as well.

So if this has piqued your interest, do some research and decide for yourself! The website goes into much more detail and you can find reviews in various auto forums.

*Disclaimer – I have only used this product once on each vehicle so I can’t provide a review on long-term usage. I also already had some minor scratches in the clear coat of the TL so I can’t say for sure if I added any more or not, though it doesn’t appear that I did. There also appear to be no scratches in the clear coat of the Ody.

The results:
Name:  DSC_0593_zpsfluqm3km.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  148.0 KB

Name:  DSC_0587_zpssuasuovz.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  145.4 KB

Name:  DSC_0584_zpst3hacjfb.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  141.8 KB

Name:  DSC_0595_zpsmkmshjzi.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  171.7 KB

Name:  DSC_0591_zpsuzmnxh1v.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  135.5 KB

Last edited by Steven Bell; 07-14-2016 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Picture added.