190k miles and time for new clutch

Old 02-05-2016, 05:31 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
190k miles and time for new clutch

Hey guys,

I have an 03 CL Type S 6spd. The clutch just started slipping today. I'd say not bad considering it's the original clutch and I just hit 190k miles on the car. I have a mechanic that I've been using for like 5 years who specializes in Hondas/Acuras. He told me if I went OEM the parts alone were like $800 plus. Does anyone have any suggestions for a reliable aftermarket clutch that's not gonna break my bank? I'm not interested in a performance clutch because the car is completely stock. I'd like something that will feel and drive the same way the stock clutch does. Any suggestions from anyone with advanced knowledge on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:33 PM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
mine hit 190k today also, just go on to rock auto and order the "luk" clutch and flywheel for that its about 400$ and its basically oem from what I hear, the clutch on my car is still pretty good I rarely go past 5k rpm, that there should save you some money
Old 02-22-2016, 04:48 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
i had a luk clutch installed for 900. I had to replace my clutch at 105k miles. The dealership wanted 2000.
Old 12-17-2018, 09:14 PM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
So while installing my Aspec Rear lip on the TL, I noticed there's some oil leak right down by the oil pan. I asked my mechanic to check it out. He said that it could be from the crankshaft seal (known issue on these TLs) and maybe from the Power Steering pump or the valve cover gasket. I am planning on doing the seals when I do the TB/WP service and will do the valve cover gaskets as wells. However, I want to change the O-rings on the Power Steering Pump to see if it will solve the issue. Starting from small/easier things first. Now my question is, would the O-rings failure on the PS Pump cause the fluid leak? Or how do I differentiate the PS Pump failure VS leak due to O-rings failure? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Search this Thread