TL/TLX Frequently Asked Questions No New Threads Please.

Have you found any New Features?? 3G Garage #L-001 (Summary in Post#1)

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 10:38 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
XP, this ain't new... the owner manual says it clearly...

The regular mode will allow you tune up and down.

If "category" is locked, you can only select those certain channels for sure...
Old 07-21-2004, 10:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Oh, OK!

Originally Posted by rets
XP, this ain't new... the owner manual says it clearly...

The regular mode will allow you tune up and down.

If "category" is locked, you can only select those certain channels for sure...
You've been hanging out with Ron A too much. He's the one that has the owner's manual memorized. I thought I did too, but that part got away from me. Actually, I read it before I got my car but didn't understand it all until I had the thing in front of me.

There is so much to learn on our TL!

XP
Old 07-23-2004, 04:24 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XM Radio ID

May be common knowledge, but unless you already use XM,
this may not be obvious:

You XM Radio ID can me found by going to Channel 0

Write down the ID and you can call XM and register
that as soon as your 3 months expires, you will continue
uninterrupted. Your car has a predefined XM account that
can be combined with an existing account or setup to
bill your credit card starting after the 3 months.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:48 PM
TL Type S

the center console box can be used as a fridge if u turn on the air conditioning on
Old 07-24-2004, 07:03 PM
I don't have a Ferrari in

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It has been discovered and discussed intensively under the guise of the well-known cupholder thread
Old 07-27-2004, 09:55 PM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
There’s a trunk door opener inside the trunk lid. If you accidentally lock yourself inside the trunk without remote in hand, don't panic. be sure to practice finding the switch in total darkness a few times…
Old 08-01-2004, 01:39 AM
10th Gear

I'll Take A Copy

Originally Posted by ldanver
Hi,
I'm new here (this is my first post). I just bought my 2004 TL in Desert Mist Metallic and I LOVE IT! It is my first Acura (after five Hondas, I decided to move up a notch.
Anyway, my reason for posting in this thread is that I have a MS Word file containing all of the voice commands. I scanned the manual pages. If anybody would like it, I can e-mail it to you. It fits on two pages.

HEY THAT'S REAL COOL. I'LL TAKE A COPY IF YOU WILL. PLEASE SEND IT TO CYBERTIGER211@HOTMAIL.COM
Old 08-01-2004, 09:21 PM
Intermediate

Using "Points of Interest" while route continues

Once you have a route established and tracking, hitting the menu button takes you to the screen where you can cancel/detour the route. If you hit the menu button again it takes you to the "normal" menu screen allowing you to look at the PoI database (e.g. what stores are nearby, phone number etc) without canceling your current route.

You can pick a new destination and replace your current destination or hit cancel and continue on the original route.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:58 PM
6th Gear

NAV Screen Orientation

I read through this entire thread and this is not in any of them. I found it accidentally. Also I will probably not have enough patience to read through the entire manual. So when you have your map showing on the NAV you will notice a compass in the upper left hand corner of the map. You can touch it and it will toggle the orientation of the map between 1) North is up and 2) The car direction is up. Kind of a nice feature for those who are picky about the map orientation.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:49 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scan feature on CD

So I was cruising along this evening and decided to hit the 'SCAN' button on the CD and seems to play a few seconds from each song while displaying SCAN. At the next set of lights, I held in the 'SCAN' button for a few seconds and it beeped and the display said CD SCAN. It seemed to play a few seconds from each CD.

I forgot to really play with it when I got home so this may not be 100% accurate - I just remembered. I'll play around some more tomorrow but thought you kids would be interested.

Cheers!
Charles
Old 08-10-2004, 08:46 AM
Ak Ting Up

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Amber Alert on XM Radio

If you have a 24/7 traffic channel in your city the Amber Alert info will pop up in the 'Name' and 'Title' info. A couple of days ago we had one (atlanta) and the XM display showed the plate number and car description.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:20 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by AcuraVic
If you have a 24/7 traffic channel in your city the Amber Alert info will pop up in the 'Name' and 'Title' info. A couple of days ago we had one (atlanta) and the XM display showed the plate number and car description.

Ha, I just found it, too, while talking to Novice a few days ago.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:26 PM
Red line...use it

YACF (Yet Another Cool Feature)

Originally Posted by rlhiv
I read through this entire thread and this is not in any of them. I found it accidentally. Also I will probably not have enough patience to read through the entire manual. So when you have your map showing on the NAV you will notice a compass in the upper left hand corner of the map. You can touch it and it will toggle the orientation of the map between 1) North is up and 2) The car direction is up. Kind of a nice feature for those who are picky about the map orientation.

THANKS, I was wondering how to do this. I saw the voice command to go to "north on top" but could not find the opposite command. Some times using it as a MAP, I needed to decide if I wanted to go left or right. In the north up mode, you have to pretend you are driving a remote control car and remember that LEFT=RIGHT and RIGHT=LEFT. Not always easy to think of this while I shift, talk on the phone, change the MID display to check MPG and play with the seats.

Playing with this, I found a new one I have not heard about....If you press the acura icon (indicates the direction of the car) it will display the present Latitude, longitude and Altitude. Very useful...if not really cool.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:42 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by vtechbrain
I just found out that the sun shade extension is the whole shade moves! I though they were skimping when a didn't find a little tab extension as in my previous TL! LOL
I'M CONFUSED...
Old 08-14-2004, 10:42 AM
1st Gear

Hey i was wondering if you knew what the silver bars are called on the TL picture of our Acura-TL homepage? Anyone can email me back with there name and where to get them. Thanks
Old 08-16-2004, 12:48 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Welcome to the forum...

Originally Posted by vince6405
Hey i was wondering if you knew what the silver bars are called on the TL picture of our Acura-TL homepage? Anyone can email me back with there name and where to get them. Thanks

It's Acura TL A-Spec Concept... be patience... someone would make it happen soon...
Old 09-02-2004, 11:47 PM
10th Gear

Dual temp

When you choose "Dual" for the temp settings, the rear vents are also affected.
Old 09-12-2004, 03:38 PM
Yanks in '08!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i know this was not mentioned in this thread yet but everyone probably already knows. i accidently found out that the center arm console slides forward.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:19 PM
Intermediate

When entering an address into the navigation system once you have entered the street name in via the touch screen - you can then use a voice command for the street number. You just need to speak out each digit (e.g. Hit voice command button and say "one nine seven seven").

Still have not found a way to get the voice commands to spell out the street name. Hopefully a new feature in the next version of the Nav Disc.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:25 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by Dave04TL
... Still have not found a way to get the voice commands to spell out the street name. Hopefully a new feature in the next version of the Nav Disc.
In the middle of this Navigation QRG http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94654 , it says "INPUT letters to Enter Street Name (Voice command is NOT ACTIVE)".
Old 09-24-2004, 11:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Number, please?

In the middle of this Navigation QRG http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94654 , it says "INPUT letters to Enter Street Name (Voice command is NOT ACTIVE)".
Yes, you're right for the street NAME.

But he is saying you can enter the NUMERICAL part by voice and I think that's correct.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:03 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by Xpditor
Yes, you're right for the street NAME.

But he is saying you can enter the NUMERICAL part by voice and I think that's correct.

What's wrong with you? No one denies his reply. Check out that link, it's clear that you could say one digit at a time. I didn't say it cannot.

He said...

Originally Posted by Dave04TL
When entering an address into the navigation system once you have entered the street name in via the touch screen - you can then use a voice command for the street number. You just need to speak out each digit (e.g. Hit voice command button and say "one nine seven seven").

Still have not found a way to get the voice commands to spell out the street name. Hopefully a new feature in the next version of the Nav Disc.
I said...

Old 09-25-2004, 05:45 AM
Senior Moderator

OK, Mr. Touchy...

I know what you both said. I can read.

I was underscoring his point about a "new feature".

Thanks for the further clarification that the voice recognition works on the street number but not on the street name.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:34 AM
5th Gear

One thing I did notice about 3 weeks ago was when you move the switch to adjust your side view mirros. if you leave the switch either to the left or right side when you are backing up in reverse the mirror starts to fold down towards the ground.. So one day when parking my car backwards in a walmart parking lot I notice the mirror going down.. Its like the car was telling to "watch out and dont scratch the rims against the sidewalk".. I love that feature especially when you have or put expensive rims and you are trying to avoid those small dings & dents..
Old 10-14-2004, 12:44 PM
1st Gear

Driver settings

I just got my TL. The guy at the dealer that went over it with me told me that each keyless remote not only let you set the seat and outside mirrors but it also allowed each driver to store different radio stations with the pre-set buttons. I've read the manual and tried this but I think he must have been smoking something or didn't know what he was talking about....
Old 10-25-2004, 11:17 PM
3rd Gear

The TL is a great car.... however... i spilled some soda inside the double cup holder on the center console... here's the bad news... the rubber bottom part of the double cup holder doesn't come out. How can I clean the sticky / gooey / soda residue out of there? HELP!
Old 10-26-2004, 09:32 AM
Slacker

I just read through this thread (slow day at work) and didnt see the Anti Pinch feature, might have missed it though. The front windows and sunroof auto reverse when closing on an object. If testing you probably shouldnt use your fingers though, it rolls kinda up hard and then backs off on smaller objects, my forearm didnt hurt at all when i did it.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:02 PM
Racer

i ofund otu how to get the navi screen to change from night to day.. take thwe brightness down one nothc and thurn the lgiths on and walaa swithces bitches lol
Old 11-05-2004, 03:34 PM
Senior Moderator

There is strength in numbers

Originally Posted by ravingstylez
i ofund otu how to get the navi screen to change from night to day.. take thwe brightness down one nothc and thurn the lgiths on and walaa swithces bitches lol
"Dislexics of the world: Untie!"
Old 11-09-2004, 08:14 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ravingstylez
I think it might be another language.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:11 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

one awesome thing i noticed about our car is that when hit "unlock" and the press it again but hold it down...all of the windows and the sun roof roll down its awesome..
Old 01-02-2005, 06:55 PM
Instructor

On our Christmas trip to Wisconsin (from CT) I noticed the rear heater vents (back of center armrest) did not seem to be putting out any heat. Even though the front vents were. No amount of rotating the on/off dial made any diff. My RL worked very nicely, so I was kinda put off. Almost like these vents were either blocked or just for show. Is there something I'm missing here?

Also IS there a climate control screen on this Navi unit? I see nothing in writing in the manual or any way to activate it?

Apprecite any comments here . . .
Old 01-02-2005, 06:59 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by NFLblitze1
one awesome thing i noticed about our car is that when hit "unlock" and the press it again but hold it down...all of the windows and the sun roof roll down its awesome..
Sheesh, guys all of this stuff is in the manual . .! What happened to actually reading about your new toys? Hell, I took home the owner's manual and navi manual prior to my purchase just to bone up. . . This car is chock full of technology. Unless you just like blind discovery - it's all explained (well mostly all) in the little booklets you get in a nice leather/plastic carry case. . . .
Old 01-03-2005, 01:23 PM
3rd Gear

Did you get any answers on this. I have the same question.

Thanks...
Old 01-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Originally Posted by SnappyPappy
Sheesh, guys all of this stuff is in the manual . .! What happened to actually reading about your new toys? Hell, I took home the owner's manual and navi manual prior to my purchase just to bone up. . . This car is chock full of technology. Unless you just like blind discovery - it's all explained (well mostly all) in the little booklets you get in a nice leather/plastic carry case. . . .
the manual is HUGE....im sure me and a vast majority of members on this board love finding out cool features dealing with their cars....i didn't nocie in the TL that the sun visors move out or that the windows go down if u hold down the buttons...these features are fun to discover over time....but with a car "chock full of technology" its definatly hard to discover everything....thats what this thread is for...
Old 01-03-2005, 09:27 PM
Cruisin'

OK - anyone know why the inserts in the side door pockets remove? They are an odd shape is that designed to hold something. If you notice this piece removes bit not sure what it made to hold or why it comes out?
Old 01-03-2005, 09:32 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They are half assed sunglass holders since they did away with the pocket above the mirror.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:09 AM
10th Gear

What about this one:

If you are calling someone with HFL, you say "call JacK" the tl then responds "do you wish to call, jack" and here is where the cool part is...Normally you have to click the hfl button again and say "yes". BUT!!!!!! if you just hold down the hfl button, it is accepted as yes! (this works for any question where a postive or negative repsonse is required) This definately speeds things up for me!
Old 01-11-2005, 03:59 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

i think you can actually just say YES and it will call for u...without pushing the button im not sure...
Old 01-11-2005, 04:11 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Something VERY AWESOME THAT I NOTICED....with the nav....if your looking up a store or a restaurant....you have a little send button at the right corner that automatically dials the number for u if you have a bluetooth phone...and if you either press the button or use the voice commands to send...its awesome...

Quick Reply: Have you found any New Features?? 3G Garage #L-001 (Summary in Post#1)