TL/TLX Frequently Asked Questions No New Threads Please.

Have you found any New Features?? 3G Garage #L-001 (Summary in Post#1)

Old 01-27-2004, 08:22 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
i wouldnt want that
Old 01-27-2004, 01:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: OK

Originally posted by dafunda
how about the lack of a feature?

For US models, there doesn't seem to be a low washer-fluid indicator. According to the manual, the canadians have it in the maintenance minder.

You could start a thread like that, but lets keep this one on topic please.
Old 01-27-2004, 10:44 PM
Racer

Originally posted by casooner90
Anyone know how to set up the rear cargo net? I'm talking about the small one that looks like a spider web. I managed the large net across the back, but I'm thinking that someone at Acura didn't weave the small net properly and is there to torture me.

The pics that "rets" provide as links are excellent. If you don't have a navigational system I'd place the small cargo net on the opposite side. I've done this and it fits very nicely in the gap that non-navs have due to there not being a nav unit component in the trunk.
Old 01-29-2004, 02:01 PM
Advanced

In Reverse

While in reverse either the right or left mirror tilt down BUT if you go over 5 MPH in reverse the mirror returns to the normal position. When you drop back under 5 MPH the mirror tilts down again.
Old 01-30-2004, 05:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Has anyone found the tire pressure monitor?

Rexorg
Old 01-30-2004, 08:20 PM
Racer

Rexorg,

Go on, .......there is no tire pressure monitor, at least not in US versions of the '04 TL.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:34 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: In Reverse

Originally posted by TXTL
While in reverse either the right or left mirror tilt down BUT if you go over 5 MPH in reverse the mirror returns to the normal position. When you drop back under 5 MPH the mirror tilts down again.

Very hard to find something surprising me. However, this is new to me. Thanks...
Old 02-01-2004, 12:39 AM
Racer

Originally posted by kona
Ok, I'll help you out again. Click Here. :p
Ah yes, the colloquialisms of da hood, how quaint.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:30 PM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Something new to me... (for Navi only)

If you live in the south of the US and
- do a search in the Navigation for all ACURA dealers
- (and display by nearest locations)
- you can go to the farthest location( at the bottom of the list ),
- and select that dealer, in my case is in Alberta Canada (2180 miles away from Houston),
- and then select any of those dealers ,
- and then select display map location (center button),
- it will take you into CANADA!

Usually if you Zoom out all the way, you only see main-land USA, but with this search, you can go in detail into canadian streets... I guess we both (americans and canadians) have the same data.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:55 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I remember I ever directly selected Vancouver and successfully located my aunt's neighborhood without problems.
Old 02-14-2004, 06:16 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
Ok, I dont know if anybody has posted this before but I'm too lazy to read all 9 pages, so this feature is on sunroof, If you got the sunroof opened all the way... and then you want to close it and open it upwards... (whatever you call that when sunroof's open lil bit from top) in able to do that, all of you probably first close it with one touch and then press the button again to open up from top, well you dont have to press buttons twice, just push the button once to top and it'll do it for ya, it will first close and then open from backtop........

sorry for bad english.... hope you understand what I just said.
Old 02-15-2004, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Received 995 Likes on 569 Posts
Found out the interior lights go off in about 3 minutes if you leave a door ajar. My 96TL didn't have this and the lights would stay on forever (or until the next morning when I found a dead battery). I figured this car has no much new technical stuff that they might have done something about the dome lights.

I notice this thread is getting so long that there are a lot of repeats. Everyone should take the time to read the entire thread, not only to prevent repeats but because there is so much good info here.

I noticed a few things that are different from what was posted here, unless I missed a correction or read it wrong.
The window switches are illuminated even when the headlights or parking lights are off, but when you press the main switch button, then only the driver’s switch is illuminated.
When you have the keyfob linked, which you have to do or the MID display won’t let you adjust anything, then it retains the presets for the instrument illumination also, both with lights off and lights on.

I have only had the car 3 days, but the weather here has been bad (in Florida that means 50 degrees and rain or cloudy) so I haven’t driven it much, but I have put in a lot of time sitting in the garage and learning all the features. I LOVE THIS CAR.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:38 PM
4th Gear

Smile Re: In Reverse

Originally posted by TXTL
Nice forum you all have here . My sales guy was pretty thorough when he went over the features with us. What you're talking about is for parallel parking. If you have your mirror control switched to either the left or right, the mirror will tilt down. To avoid this just keep it in the middle section .
Old 02-22-2004, 01:58 PM
4th Gear

re. new features

As I was programming phone numbers into the phonebook, it took a few tries to get the number right; often, it wanted to insert extra zeros because I probably spoke too slowly.

In one case, when it was playing back the number for confirmation, it said "one, two, three, PAUSE, four, five, .."

Is it really possible to program a PAUSE so that you can send passwords and such without having to use the SEND command?

Pathy
Old 02-22-2004, 11:21 PM
TL Loverrrrrrr

--REMOVE--
Old 02-22-2004, 11:41 PM
Advanced

No, you misunderstood. He said the driver cannot control any window except his own with the lock on. Usually the driver can control all windows all the time and the lock is just to keep the passenger from being able to control their window. Yours works the same way as the rest.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:09 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: re. new features

Originally posted by tlowner
...In one case, when it was playing back the number for confirmation, it said "one, two, three, PAUSE, four, five, .."

Is it really possible to program a PAUSE so that you can send passwords and such without having to use the SEND command?
So far as anyone has been able to figure out on this forum, the answer to that question is no. You can program the pause (by saing pause), but it either does not get transmitted to the phone, or, in my case, just makes the phone hang up. Note, also, "pause" is not understood when dialing by number (as opposed to storing a number.

The best answer anyone has come up with is to use to phonebook entries, one for the number before the pause, and one for the input after the pause.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:02 PM
10th Gear

When wipers are on intermittent, and you stop the car, the speed of the wipers goes down to the lowest setting for intermittent. When you speed up to 10 mph, the setting resets. You will notice this when the intermittent speed is on the highest setting and then pauses at a light. Not sure if anybody reported on this above.
Old 02-25-2004, 03:14 PM
Racer

The wiper thing you are talking about is already equipped with my 00 Honda Accord
Old 02-25-2004, 11:21 PM
Team Emerald City Mayor

Anyone know if there is a way to turn off the seatbelt beeping when its not fastened. I don't mind the dash light reminder, but the beeping is annoying. Kinda reminds me of a rental car.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:32 PM
Instructor

Easy, buckel up. You might need to short the wires on the seat belt, else totally disable the chime.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:29 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by mohmike
Anyone know if there is a way to turn off the seatbelt beeping when its not fastened. I don't mind the dash light reminder, but the beeping is annoying. Kinda reminds me of a rental car.
Check out this... http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showt...threadid=68019

It's the safety issue. But you insist, maybe you should buy the extra one from the junkyard and insert it all the time.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:43 PM
Racer

tinting rearview mirror
Old 02-26-2004, 02:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
TL has the same feature as the earlier accords, it clears your windshield if you have the wipers on intermittent when you leave a stop.

Try it: wipers on intermittant, come to a stop, gently let off the brake and immediately reapply, the wipers will pulse, do it again, they will pulse, if you stay on the brake, they will pulse at the speed that the dial is set on. That is known as the speed sensitive wipers that is a documented feature.

But the pulse on un-brake is not documented, but is cool, that way you get a clear view when you take off.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:52 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
tinting rearview mirror: if you got this set to auto, try putting the car into reverse, it will undo the tint, and as soon as you put it back to drive it'll go back to the tint... cool uh. I didnt try on neutral... i guess it says tinted on neutral too
Old 02-27-2004, 01:14 AM
Intermediate

Not really a new feature, but a tip for anyone who hasn't thought of this. When I first got the car, I wished the seat automatically slid back for entry/exit. I always use remote #1 and don't share the car with anyone. So I set seat position #1 back pretty far, and everytime I open the door with my remote, the seat slides back for an easy entry. Then I set position #2 to my driving position. I just hit the button while my car's warming up and it slides up into driving condition. No more accidental beeping the horn with my elbow or briefcase!

(Unlike others, luckily I've never had a problem with my memory positions, knock on wood)
Old 02-27-2004, 01:23 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by brusie
Not really a new feature, but a tip for anyone who hasn't thought of this. When I first got the car, I wished the seat automatically slid back for entry/exit. I always use remote #1 and don't share the car with anyone. So I set seat position #1 back pretty far, and everytime I open the door with my remote, the seat slides back for an easy entry. Then I set position #2 to my driving position. I just hit the button while my car's warming up and it slides up into driving condition. No more accidental beeping the horn with my elbow or briefcase!

(Unlike others, luckily I've never had a problem with my memory positions, knock on wood)

That's what I'm gonna say. I did the same thing as you do since Oct, but I lost memory everyday.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:09 PM
10th Gear

I just discovered this tonight. The volume for the HFL is stored separately from that of the radio.

For example, if you're listening to the radio at volume 07 and you then activate the HFL, you can adjust the volume on the steering wheel to set the HFL voice level. I like around 04. Now when you cancel/back out of HFL, you'll find that the volume of the radio is still at 07.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:29 PM
Advanced

The inside of the moonroof consists of a manually-sliding sunshade. I love the way that sunshade is completely "swallowed up" by the moonroof when you open the glass all the way. It allows for maximum exposure to the sky/stars. Cheaper cars with sunroofs do not feature this little "extra".
Old 02-28-2004, 03:38 PM
Pro

sorry if this was already posted but i just discovered this today...the map pockets on both doors open a little bit more just in case you put a lot of stuff there...i kinda discovered it by accident when i was pulling some stuff out of the map pockets....something got caught and i saw a part of the map pocket give way...i thought i broke something...eheheheh....+
Old 03-01-2004, 04:00 PM
3rd Gear

Hi,
I'm new here (this is my first post). I just bought my 2004 TL in Desert Mist Metallic and I LOVE IT! It is my first Acura (after five Hondas, I decided to move up a notch.
Anyway, my reason for posting in this thread is that I have a MS Word file containing all of the voice commands. I scanned the manual pages. If anybody would like it, I can e-mail it to you. It fits on two pages.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:45 PM
Advanced

Can you post the attachment in a thread (maybe start a new one). I'm sure there are many of us who would like to look at the list.

thanks
Old 03-01-2004, 07:57 PM
10th Gear

I would love to look at the list! Also, one question, does the new TL come with a demo disc for the DVD Audio? I ordered mine over the weekend. My CL was totaled in a wreck a week ago. All four airbags worked great! ACURA saved my life!
Old 03-02-2004, 01:02 PM
Instructor

Me too... i would like to look at the list.
Thanks
Old 03-02-2004, 01:23 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by gkorsgard
...Also, one question, does the new TL come with a demo disc for the DVD Audio? ...
Yup!
Old 03-03-2004, 08:22 AM
Advanced

Here's one for you... what are the two black plastic tabs for on either side of the inside of the glove box? This isn't a quiz, I have no idea and was hoping one of you would know.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:50 PM
6th Gear

Post Page 185

For Automatic Transmissions Only...
On wet/snowy roads, use Sequential Sportshift to do a second gear start!. Move over into "manaul" mode and push up to second for a smooth start, reduces wheel spin on slippery surfaces!
Old 03-03-2004, 11:02 PM
Administrator

Received 995 Likes on 569 Posts
Originally posted by Salden
Here's one for you... what are the two black plastic tabs for on either side of the inside of the glove box? This isn't a quiz, I have no idea and was hoping one of you would know.
On the other side of those tabs is a round thing that looks like a gear. These are stops and are what keeps the glove box from falling on your lap when you open it. You can see it better on the left side of the glove box (at least on my car), and a flashlight helps.
Old 03-04-2004, 05:56 AM
Cruisin'

Hi all,
Well, I was driving home from work tonight and was scanning thru the xm channels.
I came across the new traffic/weather channels in the 220's. I got to store this, but wait, all 12 memory locations are full already!! What to do!!?? Then I thought wait a minute. You can store stuff in calendar right?? You see where this is going?

What you can do is press "info" button or say "information" (voice command) to get to calendar.
Pick a date in the past (just to keep future dates free for other stuff), edit title and put in channel name/description and xm channel #. Now when you list the calendar, voila, you have a reference to channel numbers. Just say "XM select channel # (the channel number whatever) to jump straight from calendar to a channel on your list!!

Cool Huh. <grin>
Dave
Old 03-04-2004, 08:27 AM
Pro

Originally posted by davethebrit
Hi all,
Well, I was driving home from work tonight and was scanning thru the xm channels.
I came across the new traffic/weather channels in the 220's. I got to store this, but wait, all 12 memory locations are full already!! What to do!!?? Then I thought wait a minute. You can store stuff in calendar right?? You see where this is going?

What you can do is press "info" button or say "information" (voice command) to get to calendar.
Pick a date in the past (just to keep future dates free for other stuff), edit title and put in channel name/description and xm channel #. Now when you list the calendar, voila, you have a reference to channel numbers. Just say "XM select channel # (the channel number whatever) to jump straight from calendar to a channel on your list!!

Cool Huh. <grin>
Dave
I lost you someplace?

You can say XM Channel xxx from anyplace... why this whole deal with the calendar?

(I don't use the calendar for much... until it will sync with my PDA )

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Have you found any New Features?? 3G Garage #L-001 (Summary in Post#1)