TL/TLX Frequently Asked Questions No New Threads Please.

Bluetooth primer and phone information

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 07:00 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeRadio
I have the T608.

Works great.. sometimes however a call "reverts" back to the handset right when it starts rigning.. you jsut tell the Acura to TRANSFER when this happens and the call is back...

It happens occasionally and may have something to do with the bluetooth....

You CAN program pauses... I have.. they work great.... its nice to hear her say PAWS PAWS PAWS...

Mike
I have the same issue with my T608, any idea what could be causing it besides the bluetooth compatibility? My TL only has 650 miles on it, and the T608 is only 1 week old. I would hate to think either of them are causing the problem
Old 05-21-2004, 09:37 AM
Instructor

Paired my new V600 with my TL on Wednesday May 19th. I have had no problems and the pairing was flawless.
Old 05-21-2004, 01:02 PM
Intermediate

Cool Pairing the Moto V600

Paired with the V600 on 5/19/04, no problems went smoothly, but also have the problem of calls being directed to the handset when you try to answer incoming calls. Where can I find the entire list of instructions for the HFL system. I stumble on the "phonebook" & "system" voice commands. What are the other available commands.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:57 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Shaggy
Paired with the V600 on 5/19/04, no problems went smoothly, but also have the problem of calls being directed to the handset when you try to answer incoming calls. Where can I find the entire list of instructions for the HFL system. I stumble on the "phonebook" & "system" voice commands. What are the other available commands.
Review your Quick Start Guide or the Owner's Manual, Hands Free Link - best kept secrets are in there!
Old 05-27-2004, 05:25 AM
7th Gear

Acura TL & Motorola 600

Need Help...both new ..my Motorola 600 (latest ) will call out..will not receive. When "you have an incoming call" sounds I click ...no response..no connection. I have tried several times to pair up ...Acura dealer , can't advise.
Old 05-29-2004, 12:25 PM
3rd Gear

Issues with Moto V600

I have a Moto V600 with AT&T wireless and have come across the following issues. Has anyone else seen the same issues using the HFL system.

1. When in the car and integrated with the HFL system, if I make a just pick up the phone directly to make a private phone call when I dial a number I do not hear the phone ringing. The only way I know the call is being placed is when the person on the other end actually picks up the phone call. This is frustrating since on occassion you may want to hang up a call after a few rings or whatever, but currently I do not know if the call is being placed since I don't hear the ring and know the call is currently being placed.

2. I am only able to receive a call via the HFL if my v600 is flipped open. With the phone closed and if someone calls me and I try to pick up the phone via the HFL once I hit the talk button the phone appears to connect and then immediately disconnect but I pick up my cell phone and open it the call is on the cell phone. This does not occur if I leave my cell phone open, if it is open and I receive a call via the HFL if I hit the talk button I am then able to hear the person via the HFL.

Has anyone else come across these issues, do these issues occur with other AT&T bluetooth enabled phones. Especially issue #1 above, because if they do not occur with other phones I will return my V600 and get another phone since I have 30 days. I'm beginning to get fed up with these issues. I'm really annoyed with the first issue I mentioned.

Thanks,
Bob
Old 05-31-2004, 10:52 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bparekh
I have a Moto V600 with AT&T wireless and have come across the following issues. Has anyone else seen the same issues using the HFL system.

1. When in the car and integrated with the HFL system, if I make a just pick up the phone directly to make a private phone call when I dial a number I do not hear the phone ringing. The only way I know the call is being placed is when the person on the other end actually picks up the phone call. This is frustrating since on occassion you may want to hang up a call after a few rings or whatever, but currently I do not know if the call is being placed since I don't hear the ring and know the call is currently being placed.

2. I am only able to receive a call via the HFL if my v600 is flipped open. With the phone closed and if someone calls me and I try to pick up the phone via the HFL once I hit the talk button the phone appears to connect and then immediately disconnect but I pick up my cell phone and open it the call is on the cell phone. This does not occur if I leave my cell phone open, if it is open and I receive a call via the HFL if I hit the talk button I am then able to hear the person via the HFL.

Has anyone else come across these issues, do these issues occur with other AT&T bluetooth enabled phones. Especially issue #1 above, because if they do not occur with other phones I will return my V600 and get another phone since I have 30 days. I'm beginning to get fed up with these issues. I'm really annoyed with the first issue I mentioned.

Thanks,
Bob
Well I though my V00 paired flawlesly, but I am having the same problem as Bob in #2 above. The car is auto-transferring the call to the phone.

Anyone hear of a fix for this?
Old 06-01-2004, 06:27 AM
7th Gear

Bluetooth ..No fun.follow-up

As a follow up to the headaches:
I have returned my Moto 600 ( a truley beautiful piece of equipment) however I've decided to keep my Acura TL.
I actually made some noise with my cell company (Cingular) about how unhappy I was with not being able to use this phone correctly...as well as my Acura dealer. This took quite a bit of my personal time ...Acura blames Motorola...& Motorola blames the car people. Some ..high-up with Moto did contact me to discuss the situation, He claims that he understands ..if you leave the phone in the open position (as another person on this thread claims to work) it does work, not so with my situation. He really had no answers ....& said that it may be a l o n g time before a cure is found.
I am s t i l l awaiting for the Acura (handsfree expert/ what the dealership service refered to him as ) expert to get back to me ...six days now ..( throw out the holiday ) .
I did go back to Cingular . . went back to the first phone that DID WORK ...Sony Ericsson ...& Yes it Does Work ..without problems.
One last observation ...with the Sony paired up ...the auto readout gives you the condition of ..reception & battery ...with the Motorola ..only the reception condition is displayed.
It is extemely upsetting ..when to have to deal with these issues , I feel that all should be completely tested ..before release. Happy Motoring JE
Old 06-02-2004, 01:02 AM
5th Gear

jmelario - thanks for the update. I was looking at phones today and the Moto V600 was one of them.

Which Sony Ericsson model are you using that's working without problems?
Old 06-02-2004, 05:14 AM
7th Gear

Sony bluetooth

that would be the . . Sony Ericsson 616.

JE
Old 06-02-2004, 10:58 PM
Cruisin'

:banghead: bparekh, I have had my Motorola V600 for over a month now and I've noticed both of your issues below. I will give you my experiences and what I've noticed with both of these.

1. This issue doesn't only happen when you are using the HFL system in the Acura TL, it also happens when I try to normally call using my cell phone directly. Do you have AT&T? If so, that's who I have and I've heard that's been happening to a lot of AT&T customers. You don't hear any ringing, just the person answering or the voice mail that comes on the call. This doesn't happen all the time, only occasional.

2. I've also came across this problem about 10 times in the many uses of my V600 over the 6 weeks I've used the phone. What I've noticed causes this is a quick click of the talk button and my immediately saying hello. What I've done recently which doesn't seem to cause the problem is press firmly the talk button and wait a second or two before I start speaking. Try this out.

Furthermore, I've decided to keep the Motorola V600 over the Seimens, Nokia and Sony Ericson phones because of it's more advanced features. However, I will tell you, it took me 4 phones before I finally got one that didn't really have technical issues. The first time, the blue tooth could not be recognized by the TL. The second time the camera had a black spec inside the lens. The third time, the menu key would not work properly. I had to hit it multiple times and press really hard to get the recognition. I am still dealing with one issue which is the batterly life. I have to charge my phone every night or it will die on me in less than 24 hours. I think this may be attributed to the battery that is used up by having bluetooth always turned on. This happened with almost everyone I had.

I hope the information helps. Good luck!

Originally Posted by bparekh

Thanks,
Bob
Old 06-26-2004, 12:04 AM
Intermediate

V600 & '04 TL

Ok, this is my first post to the forum, so bear with me...

Got my MOTO V600 today, my carrier is Cingular. Got my '04 TL about 3 months ago. The paring took 5 minutes using the instructions on the Acura.com website. I can make outbound calls no problem, but as so many have said in this post, inbound calls are transferring to the phone. Does not seem to matter if my clam is open or not. So far, I have only been able to receive one incoming call properly out of a dozen of so.

I will be on the phone with Cingular in the morning and will pay my Sales rep at the dealership a visit also. If I have any luck, I will let you know. Please let me know if/when you find a fix.

Thanks

MLE724
'04 Acura TL/AT/Antracite
Old 06-26-2004, 01:55 PM
Drifting

I have paired the TL with Sony Ericsson T610, T616, T630, T637 and K700 and all work flawless.

MLE724, for more information on the V600 and other phones, go to the bluetooth/nagivation subforum in the 3rd gen TL forum.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:04 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by mle724

Got my MOTO V600 today, my carrier is Cingular. Got my '04 TL about 3 months ago. The paring took 5 minutes using the instructions on the Acura.com website. I can make outbound calls no problem, but as so many have said in this post, inbound calls are transferring to the phone. Does not seem to matter if my clam is open or not. So far, I have only been able to receive one incoming call properly out of a dozen of so.

I will be on the phone with Cingular in the morning and will pay my Sales rep at the dealership a visit also. If I have any luck, I will let you know. Please let me know if/when you find a fix.

Thanks

MLE724
'04 Acura TL/AT/Antracite
MLE724,

I too have the same problem and it works fine about 70% of the time. I cannot seem to figure out the pattern on when/why it works and other times it does not.

-Kirby
Old 06-30-2004, 01:55 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by talk2kirb
MLE724,

I too have the same problem and it works fine about 70% of the time. I cannot seem to figure out the pattern on when/why it works and other times it does not.

-Kirby
I thought I could get my hands on the firmware files a bit before motorola released them. I guess they'll release it when the time comes. I was told 2 weeks, 2 weeks ago. :sqnteek: But since everybody is on vacation I decided to give motorola a ring and they told me 1-2 weeks from today...again :sqntfawk: They said it will address most of the problems that bluetooth users are experiencing.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:15 AM
7th Gear

Any Answers Yet ?

Originally Posted by mobilezen
I thought I could get my hands on the firmware files a bit before motorola released them. I guess they'll release it when the time comes. I was told 2 weeks, 2 weeks ago. :sqnteek: But since everybody is on vacation I decided to give motorola a ring and they told me 1-2 weeks from today...again :sqntfawk: They said it will address most of the problems that bluetooth users are experiencing.
Last week I was told that Cingular ..will not be handling the V600 any longer ( my local Cingular dealer) , however it was not explained to me why. Is anyone else aware of this?

Thanks,

JME
Old 08-05-2004, 12:06 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by jmelario
Last week I was told that Cingular ..will not be handling the V600 any longer ( my local Cingular dealer) , however it was not explained to me why. Is anyone else aware of this?

Thanks,

JME
Cingular reportedly stopped selling the V600 a little under 2 weeks ago. They said there were too many problems with the phone so they decided not to sell it anymore. If I can go to a store and get one for a discounted price, I'll definitely flash/flex it to oem spec.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:55 AM
7th Gear

HP iPAQ h6315

Does any one tested the T-Mobile HP iPAQ h6315 pocket PC phone on Acura AT blue tooth connection ?

http://www.t-mobile.com/products/ove...8503&class=pda
Old 08-30-2004, 10:25 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by adampelka
Does any one tested the T-Mobile HP iPAQ h6315 pocket PC phone on Acura AT blue tooth connection ?

http://www.t-mobile.com/products/ove...8503&class=pda
Yes, in the bluetooth/navi subforum, 2 people have successfully paired the phone with HFL but cannot make or receive calls.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:38 AM
Intermediate

have the verizon motorola v710 - the phone would not ring in the car. discovered that you have to go into the setup menu on the hfl and the ringtone menu on the phone and scroll down until you get an audible tone from the hfl. any of the ringtones that activate the hfl will work .... the silent ones will not work in the car
Old 09-21-2004, 09:24 AM
2nd Gear

Verizon Bluetooth

The Motorola V710 offered by Verizon works my 04TL

JC

Originally Posted by chadr
What is bluetooth? - Bluetooth is a standard developed by a group of electronics manufacturers that allows any sort of electronic equipment -- from computers and cell phones to keyboards and headphones -- to make its own connections, without wires, cables or any direct action from a user. Bluetooth is intended to be a standard that works at two levels:

It provides agreement at the physical level -- Bluetooth is a radio-frequency standard.

It also provides agreement at the next level up, where products have to agree on when bits are sent, how many will be sent at a time and how the parties in a conversation can be sure that the message received is the same as the message sent.

The companies belonging to the Bluetooth Special Interest Group, and there are more than 1,000 of them, want to let Bluetooth's radio communications take the place of wires for connecting peripherals, telephones and computers.

Ok so what cell phones work with my TL? - To work with the TL the phone needs to support bluetooth 1.1 specification and also have a wireless or hands-free profile. The car uses this profile to use the settings of the phone.

Ok so again what phones work with my TL? - There are only a small number of compatible phones are the market currently. Here is a list.

SonyEriccsson
T68i (discontinued model)
T61c
T62u
T610/616 (soon defunct model, has some echo issues)
P800

Siemens
S56

Nokia
N-Gage
6310i

Models that will be available soon and should work with the car:

SonyEriccsson
Z600
T630
P900

Nokia

Panaonic
x70

Motorola
v600
v500

What cell phone companies have phones that support bluetooth? - Currently the major companies that have phones that support bluetooth are the companies that offer GSM support. That would be AT&T Wireless, T-mobile and Cingular in the US. Verizon and Sprint users are SOL for the forseeable future.

Might want to sticky this one.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:51 PM
2nd Gear

Hey all 04 non-navi TL, no probs til last night. Display message is stuck on "Incoming Call;"neither phone button on steering wheel does anything; stereo says "PHONE," and can't access Disc, AM-FM, XM -- can load and eject discs. Oh, can't make or recieve calls, either.

It seems that everything in manual to address problems needs me to enter system, which I can't do.

Any ideas? Thanks....
Old 12-19-2004, 07:52 PM
2nd Gear

oh--re above--T-Mobile Sony-Ericksson z600...
Old 12-19-2004, 11:46 PM
3rd Gear

Bluetooth on Non Navi TL

Originally Posted by Bluechipg13
Hey all 04 non-navi TL, no probs til last night. Display message is stuck on "Incoming Call;"neither phone button on steering wheel does anything; stereo says "PHONE," and can't access Disc, AM-FM, XM -- can load and eject discs. Oh, can't make or recieve calls, either.

It seems that everything in manual to address problems needs me to enter system, which I can't do.

Any ideas? Thanks....
Maybe I'm not informed but is it possible to install HFL for a bluetooth phone in a TL that does not have the navi/HFL factory installed ? If so by whom and for how much ?

Many thanks
Old 02-24-2005, 02:13 PM
Instructor

All of the TL's 2004 and later have HFL standard. Navi is a separate system.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:52 AM
I slow down for COPS

Cool Non-bluetooth phones

I have a Sanyo SCP-7300 with Sprint and it is not a bluetooth phone. Can I get a cradle or some add on to make it compatiable with my TL?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mark.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:21 AM
信是寶

V600 HFL problem

Originally Posted by mle724

I had the same problem and after a few months finally found an answer on the Net ... you have to flash your phone to a new version, like:
TRIPLETS G (something) 9.4FR relflash I don't have the link anymore, just do a search on v600 flashing and you'll find it out there. It took me a few hours of research, learning about it and finding the software and code ... but I am glad I did it.

Flashing is like installing a new OS on your PC ...you are just doing it on your phone. The new software/firmware update just helps your PC/phone run better, since it fixes the little bugs that are present.

Please be aware that if you mess up, you could have a dead phone. Mine worked out great and I have no more problems with the HFL ...it also improved the camera on the V600. (you do need a data cable for the downloads)

http://www.howardforums.com/ (this one is the best)
www.v600.org is a start ...

PS you can also flex your phone, but I did not ...flexing is adding extra features your provider doesn't ...
Old 04-07-2005, 12:06 PM
3rd Gear

Moto V600 (no ringing problem)

I am new to the site and found the bluetooth discussions to be great since I have the same problem as others relating to the ring (or lack of) with the V600.

Bought an '04 TL (Anthracite, 6-speed, no Nav) and then bought a V600 for the car. My wife drives it on weekdays and just told me a few months ago that the phone will not ring when dialing a call. This has been happening since we bought the phone in May 2004.

I see other posts about this issue but I can't find any solutions, or maybe I just missed them. If anyone knows the way to solve it, please advise. We have AT&T Wireless for the service on the V600 phone.

We don't have problems with calls coming in, open vs. closed clamshell problems, etc. Only issue is the lack of ringing when making calls using bluetooth or from home or other location.

Thanks for any advice, this is a great site with many good topics; sorry I didn't find it sooner!
Old 02-16-2007, 07:08 PM
1st Gear

Hi everyone:
I'm new to this forum so pardon me if I'm repeating questions that have already been posted. I have a 2005 TL. At one time, I had a Palm 650 that worked flawlessly with my blue tooth. My nephew needed a phone, so I gave him my 650 and got a Palm 680. The 680 doesn't work as well with the blue tooth. On occasion I've paired the phone, but when I try to make a call, it tells me that there are no phones detected. Other times, I will ask the system to make a call, but before the call goes through, the system drops the call and I have to put the phone to my ear to hear the person I'm calling. Any thoughts?
2005TL/Redondo Red/No Navi
Old 03-24-2007, 10:55 PM
3rd Gear

I am having a similar problem. 06TL with Nav, Treo 650 worked well but Treo 680 (UnLocked from Palm GSM on T-Mobile) drops the HFL as soon as someone answers my calls. I am now famous for beginning my calls by saying "Transfer" to get the calls back on HFL. Is it the Treo or the car?
Old 03-30-2007, 08:55 PM
Ev an' Tec

Originally Posted by dalizma
Hi everyone:
Other times, I will ask the system to make a call, but before the call goes through, the system drops the call and I have to put the phone to my ear to hear the person I'm calling. Any thoughts?
My HFL dials OK, but about half the time when it connects, I would need to put the phone to my ear because the call was routed thru the handset, not the car's speakerphone.

What I do now is, after I dial, if I don't hear the ringing noise through the car's speakerphone within a few seconds, I disconnect (using the HFL's 'end' button). Then, I press the HFL's 'talk' button and say 'Redial'. At that point, the HFL generally redials thru the speakerphone OK.

Of course, it means anyone I'm calling will get a ring or two, then silence (or a hangup if they answered) and another ring or two as I redial. Hopefully they won't get mad from the hangup part. And I don't get too annoyed if they say "Did you just try to call?"

At least, when they try to call me, the HFL answers fine.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:03 PM
5th Gear

Is it possible to paired tl 04 with nokia 6300?
Old 01-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Intermediate

i just found out some of cell phones that are not in the list can be connected.
i have checked in acura site that my phone can not be connected to the bluetooth on my tl, but then i have tried so many times then it was connected. i have verizon's blitz.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:57 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i wrk for AT&T and my iphone works perfectly with my 2005 TL!
Old 03-03-2009, 03:03 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My iphone works perfectly with my '05 tl :p
Old 05-21-2009, 04:44 PM
5th Gear

I saw somewhere that the LG Dare is not supported... however, in my 06 - if a call is incoming, all i need to do is press my speaker button until it displays the Bluetooth icon - and the phone works fine. From that point on... it works until you turn off the car and restart again from square 1.

What I'll normally do is get in the car... dial my voicemail... when the automated operator comes up... I'll press the speaker button until the Bluetooth icon appears... and then I am good for the rest of the drive.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:10 AM
Banned

Don't you mean hands-free profile? Or will the TL use the headset profile, as well?