Do Type S shocks have dual mode shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 03:19 PM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Do Type S shocks have dual mode shocks?

Do Type S cars have dual mode shock absorbers? The dealer just installed new shocks / struts on my car, and I have noticed a very uncomfortable bump anytime I go over imperfections or a bump on the road. He claims 100% that it is from the shocks that the dealership put on there which have a comfort mode and sport mode and based on how I drive it can feel different...is this true? Because I'm not convinced. Its supposed to be OEM Type S shocks.

My mechanic said I need new LCA bushings and I want to know from the dealer if that's true. According to the dealer, there is absolutely nothing wrong with my car. The only technician that can inspect the car is the one that installed the shocks and struts and no one else can look it at. I wanted someone to verify he did his work properly and completed the visual inspection properly as well. But that will cost an additional $140. Should I do that because I know for a fact something is up with my car unless what this guy is saying about the shock absorbers having two modes is true. Backstory, while installing the shocks and struts the dealer was supposed to install an oil pump. The oil pump was leaking after 3k miles and I had to give the car back to the dealer to fix and they said only the same tech can fix it. So this is the same tech that possibly effed up and forgot to install the oil pump. That's why I wanted another person to look at it.

Please help ASAP because I need to know because I can't drive my car like how it is right now. Its so uncomfortable over bumps that I can't drive right now.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:23 PM
Registered Bunny

Received 1,073 Likes on 892 Posts
No. The OEM shocks are pretty simple.

Also you can inspect the LCA bushings yourself by turning your wheels and putting your head in the wheel well. Don't even have to put the car on jacks or remove the wheel(s).

https://acurazine.com/forums/problem...d-look-707888/

Dealerships aren't the end all when it comes to cars. Too often they will replace for the sake of it or miss important stuff while catching other trivial things...
Old 08-05-2015, 03:33 PM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Yea I have seen that thread. I'm just thinking why this guy keeps saying I have dampers on there with the new shocks that explain the new noise. So the type Ś shocks don't have dual mode, which means maybe these assholes installed the wrong shocks.