'05 Acura TL rims

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 11:10 PM
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 Acura TL rims

so I'm on a tight budget at the moment, and I've been looking for rims for my acura, and i was wondering would it just be cheaper to buy the same size rims as my stock alloy rims and just have them fit into the stock tire? if so do I just need to find 17x8 inch rims and if so what other factors so I have to put in mind in buying aftermarket rims so that they fit the P235/45R tires
Old 11-27-2015, 10:14 AM
Registered Bunny

Received 1,073 Likes on 892 Posts
Originally Posted by Gutierrez A
so I'm on a tight budget at the moment, and I've been looking for rims for my acura, and i was wondering would it just be cheaper to buy the same size rims as my stock alloy rims and just have them fit into the stock tire? if so do I just need to find 17x8 inch rims and if so what other factors so I have to put in mind in buying aftermarket rims so that they fit the P235/45R tires
If you want to keep your 17 inch tires you currently have, you'll need 17 diameter wheels.

The width of the wheel is important but you'll notice most of the cheaper aftermarket wheels have pretty standard widths that won't be too wide. The tire can stretch to conform to the rim a wider wheel if needed to a certain extent.
Something to account for when looking for wheels is the offset, and this means how much the wheel will "stick out" or "stick in". Usually people will go for a very flush with the fender look or even sticking out slightly as it looks more aggressive and wider.

Do you have a style in mind, and what's your budget? Many people here are wheels enthusiasts and they can recommend you something good.
Old 11-27-2015, 10:53 AM
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by polobunny
If you want to keep your 17 inch tires you currently have, you'll need 17 diameter wheels.

The width of the wheel is important but you'll notice most of the cheaper aftermarket wheels have pretty standard widths that won't be too wide. The tire can stretch to conform to the rim a wider wheel if needed to a certain extent.
Something to account for when looking for wheels is the offset, and this means how much the wheel will "stick out" or "stick in". Usually people will go for a very flush with the fender look or even sticking out slightly as it looks more aggressive and wider.

Do you have a style in mind, and what's your budget? Many people here are wheels enthusiasts and they can recommend you something good.
Thank alot! Im really digging the flush and wider look, what offset would the rims have to be to have wheels stick out just enough for it to look wide? and i wasnt so sure about using the stock tires becuase of the tire wall, but bring stretched would they work? and I'm really into any style, i really like the mesh rims with polished lip, or anything that has a polished lip, i just want that deep dIsh kind of feel, and my budget is about $800 if anyone could give me any options I would highly appreciate that! Really helpful forum you guys! glad I found it!
Old 11-27-2015, 11:01 AM
Registered Bunny

Received 1,073 Likes on 892 Posts
Originally Posted by Gutierrez A
Thank alot! Im really digging the flush and wider look, what offset would the rims have to be to have wheels stick out just enough for it to look wide? and i wasnt so sure about using the stock tires becuase of the tire wall, but bring stretched would they work? and I'm really into any style, i really like the mesh rims with polished lip, or anything that has a polished lip, i just want that deep dIsh kind of feel, and my budget is about $800 if anyone could give me any options I would highly appreciate that! Really helpful forum you guys! glad I found it!
The offset depends on the wheel width too. A 8" wide wheel with a 40mm offset won't stick out as much as a 8.5" wheel with a 40mm offset.