Sponsored by:

Will my engine & tranny still be okay?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 11:04 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Will my engine & tranny still be okay?

Hey Acurazine,

I'm going to keep this short and to the point. When i got my car, i found it with the help of my mechanic that it had a oil pan leak. Before i tried to fix this, i poured in some ATP re-seal stop leak product in the engine & also tried some LUCAS stop leak the following oil change. Up until recently, i've changed my oil pan and my car doesnt leak anymore, i also have fresh oil in there without any additives. Anyways, i wanted to know, will me pouring the lucas and ATP re-seal product in my first two oil changes, hurt my engine and potential durability? I also poured in lucas stop slip in my recent transmission fluid change because it had some jerkiness (but i suspect that its because the previous owner never did any 3x3 or anything.) But now my tranny drives perfectly smooth and and shifts a lot better than before. I'm planning to do my final 3x3 fluid change with my oil change and i wanted to ask. Should i leave the lucas transmission additive out of it? Would i have damaged my transmission and engine by adding these products to them? Should i do a flush or something to get rid of the additive to help? I'm scared that i did something to reducce its life.

Can anyone ggive me input on this topic? Apologies for the multiple posts. Just have questions that need answers. thank you
Old 11-29-2015, 05:36 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 831 Likes on 679 Posts
As the additives were made to be used in gas engines, I don't believe any harm has been done, and with the oil changes the additives will be depleted. Although the trans additive will take longer to diminish because of the small amount of fluid that can be drained, no harm should be experienced.

You're good to go.