Vibration when in gear!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 12:12 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vibration when in gear!

Help please! I have this annoying vibrating when I put the car in Drive. I had 3 engine mounts replaced and the idle relearned and to no avail the problem still persists. It doesn't vibrate when in reverse, only in drive! The car has new timing belt, water pump, hydraulic tensioner, and idler pulley. New spark plugs and fresh oil change.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,583 Likes on 6,630 Posts
Which 3 did you replace
Old 03-26-2017, 02:06 AM
2nd Gear

I replaced the front, rear, and the right one
Old 03-26-2017, 10:30 AM
Pro

Received 137 Likes on 91 Posts
There are a couple transmission mounts too that you should inspect. Also did you replace the motor mounts with OEM ones? Aftermarket ones are known to vibrate.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:54 AM
6th Gear

I too just replaced all of my mounts with mostly aftermarket mounts other than trans mounts were own.. and have a terrible vibration just when putting in drive and coming to a complete stop.. has been driving me crazy for 2 weeks now trying to figure out what it is.. I seen a YouTube video about Dea vs oem mounts ..person stating that he also had a terrible vibration and droan noise until he replaced with oem..so I read some reviews on amazon on aftermarket mounts and there was a lot of bad reviews stating vibrations till they replaced with oem. ordering oem ones tomorrow and will post feed back on Tuesday when I change them.. hopefully it works!!
Old 04-03-2017, 09:16 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Dynomitez
I too just replaced all of my mounts with mostly aftermarket mounts other than trans mounts were own.. and have a terrible vibration just when putting in drive and coming to a complete stop.. has been driving me crazy for 2 weeks now trying to figure out what it is.. I seen a YouTube video about Dea vs oem mounts ..person stating that he also had a terrible vibration and droan noise until he replaced with oem..so I read some reviews on amazon on aftermarket mounts and there was a lot of bad reviews stating vibrations till they replaced with oem. ordering oem ones tomorrow and will post feed back on Tuesday when I change them.. hopefully it works!!
maybe the aftermarket you bought didn't have vacuum port?
Old 04-04-2017, 06:00 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Hazsun
maybe the aftermarket you bought didn't have vacuum port?
They did have vacuum ports.. and I checked twice to see if the vacuum lines had fallen off, they were both on, front and back...they looked just like factory
Old 04-04-2017, 11:01 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Dynomitez
UPDATE.. just replaced the front and back aftermarket motor mounts with oem ones and the vibration and droan noise is completely gone. Car drives great! I hope this helps others as it drove me crazy for the last 3 weeks trying to figure out what was wrong and had to replace the mounts twice
Old 04-05-2017, 02:04 PM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
For any bushings and mounts, I would stick to OEM. You know they are going to fit and work as Honda designed them when the car was new.

As mentioned, check your transmission mounts. On the 5AT, there are 3, one on top and two on the bottom. Personally, my top one was torn through on one of the four corners and the lower, rear mount was completely sheared in half. The lower, front mount looked fine, but I couldn't replace it because I couldn't get my front engine mount out to raise the engine high enough.

My front and side mounts have been replaced with OEM about 7k miles ago by the dealer before I purchased the car.

However, my car does have fairly bad vibration when I put it in gear, either Drive or Reverse, while stopped. My center dash speaker cover will vibrate fairly bad. My only guess as this point is that the rear engine mount is bad. In Park and Neutral the vibration goes away. Considering the condition of the mounts I have replaced, I wouldn't be surprised to see the rear mount worse for wear. I just haven't put in the effort to check the condition of it. It's also hard with the "heat shield" rubber piece that covers it.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:53 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by NoTLoud
For any bushings and mounts, I would stick to OEM. You know they are going to fit and work as Honda designed them when the car was new.

As mentioned, check your transmission mounts. On the 5AT, there are 3, one on top and two on the bottom. Personally, my top one was torn through on one of the four corners and the lower, rear mount was completely sheared in half. The lower, front mount looked fine, but I couldn't replace it because I couldn't get my front engine mount out to raise the engine high enough.

My front and side mounts have been replaced with OEM about 7k miles ago by the dealer before I purchased the car.

However, my car does have fairly bad vibration when I put it in gear, either Drive or Reverse, while stopped. My center dash speaker cover will vibrate fairly bad. My only guess as this point is that the rear engine mount is bad. In Park and Neutral the vibration goes away. Considering the condition of the mounts I have replaced, I wouldn't be surprised to see the rear mount worse for wear. I just haven't put in the effort to check the condition of it. It's also hard with the "heat shield" rubber piece that covers it.
You pretty much have to take the rear mount out completely to see the condition
Old 04-06-2017, 07:46 AM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Ahh, that's kinda what I figured.

I haven't really looked up the process of replacing it. Is it difficult?