Return Lease in another state? - AcuraZine Community

Go Back   AcuraZine Community > AcuraZine TL/TLX Community > Third Generation TL (2004-2008)
Log In 

Return Lease in another state?

Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-31-2006, 03:47 PM   #1
Registered Member
 
Trader Rating: (0)
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 31
Posts: 176
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Return Lease in another state?

I have an '04 TL, and my lease is almost up. Does anyone know if I can return the leased TL in another state (not the state I got the car in)?

Thanks
rsxbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:12 AM   #2
'08 TL NAVI - PMM / Ebony
 
Trader Rating: (0)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Connecticut
Age: 45
Posts: 177
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
The details of surrendering a vehicle at the end of a lease are covered in the lease agreement. They are specific to the lending company that provided the lease financing. Read your agreement for details, or for information on how to contact them to find out the answer you're looking for.
meburdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:29 AM   #3
Newbie for Life
 
Trader Rating: (0)
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,382
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meburdick
The details of surrendering a vehicle at the end of a lease are covered in the lease agreement. They are specific to the lending company that provided the lease financing. Read your agreement for details, or for information on how to contact them to find out the answer you're looking for.
Good advice here ^^^.

I do know that I leased a Saab from one dealer and turned it into another unaffiliated dealer when my lease was up.
Tripp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:32 AM   #4
cameras R my crack
 
jupitersolo's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: (0)
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fairfax, Va.
Age: 50
Posts: 35,654
Thanked 706 Times in 438 Posts
You should be able to make arrangements to turn it into another dealer. You'll have to call the leasing company.
jupitersolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:36 AM   #5
Registered Member
 
Trader Rating: (0)
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Philadelphia Suburbs
Age: 37
Posts: 444
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
I don't have the contract handy, but on Acura's Ownerlink website all it talks about is "a" Acura dealership. I would be very surprised if you have to return it to the one you bought it from. It's not like the lease is through the dealer you bought it from, it's through Acura (Honda Financial Services). I'm sure if you called the number on your last statement, they can tell you for sure.

Joe
quake97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:30 PM   #6
TL on 20's
 
keepin_it_clean's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: (0)
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Age: 32
Posts: 117
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsxbond
I have an '04 TL, and my lease is almost up. Does anyone know if I can return the leased TL in another state (not the state I got the car in)?

Thanks
The answer to your question is yes. With Acura as long as you have move 100 miles away from the dealer you purchased the car from then you can take it to any Acura. Just give the dealer that you are bringing it to a courtesy call and let them know that you have moved. There should be no issue
keepin_it_clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:37 PM   #7
cameras R my crack
 
jupitersolo's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: (0)
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fairfax, Va.
Age: 50
Posts: 35,654
Thanked 706 Times in 438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quake97
I don't have the contract handy, but on Acura's Ownerlink website all it talks about is "a" Acura dealership. I would be very surprised if you have to return it to the one you bought it from. It's not like the lease is through the dealer you bought it from, it's through Acura (Honda Financial Services). I'm sure if you called the number on your last statement, they can tell you for sure.

Joe

When I turned in my wife's 97 Civic in 99, the dealer we bought her CRV wouldn't take it. They wanted me to turn it into the leasing dealer.
jupitersolo is offline   Reply With Quote


 
 
 
Reply

Tags
car, dealer, dealership, ends, fairax, honda, lease, leased, moved, return, returned, returning, state, turn, turning

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 PM.



Honda and the Honda marquee are registered trademarks of the American Honda Motor Company, Inc. Neither American Honda Motor Company nor its subsidiaries or affiliates shall bear any responsibility for Acurazine.com content, comments, or advertising. Acurazine.com is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Company in any way. American Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse Acurazine.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.
Passwords Backup