Sponsored by:

Magnaflow Resonator (Stage 2) and Tail Light LED Boards

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 07:47 PM
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts
Magnaflow Resonator (Stage 2) and Tail Light LED Boards

Hello,

Had two different questions to ask so I figured I would put them both in one post.

My first question is about the Magnaflow Resonator used in a "Stage 2" Exhaust mod. It is #10416. I was given a discount coupon on a site that stocks exhaust parts but they don't have the #10416, but they have the #14416.

Here are links of both of them for convenience:

10416: 4" ROUND 10416
14416: 4" ROUND 14416

They both have the same characteristics with regard to in/out diameter, core size, length, etc. The only difference is the #10416 has a Satin finish, and the #14416 has a Polished finish. From what I understand that's just the outside look, and there really shouldn't be any difference between the two, sound wise. If anyone could provide some insight on those two mufflers it would be appreciated.

My second question is with regards to the LED Boards in our tail lights. I have a 2004 TL, and as I've seen with a few members, a bunch of my bulbs in the driver side tail light have stopped working. I have read that I could replace the LED themselves, which is something I may do once I have the board out, but I was looking at buying a replacement board because they can be had pretty cheap online. My only worry is a lot of the tail lights you can't check to ensure that they light up properly unless you connect them to the vehicle.

I am looking at local sellers, but my question is does anyone know how I could connect to the Tail lights separately from the vehicle to ensure that all the bulbs light up properly prior to purchase. I'm sure it's as simple as sending some power to the lights where I would connect the cable but I am on the electronically challenged side of things. How much voltage would I send, what type of connectors, etc. Any information on this topic would be appreciated.

Thanks!