Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just sold my TL...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 05:20 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Just sold my TL...

Well guys...its been a very fun run with the Acura...but the time came that I had to let her go. I have really enjoyed working on the car and watching new things develop for it over the time I had it as well as racing it at the autocross.

I will still be around no doubt...but just now starting to bumb on selling her!

I have a lot of things sitting around still for this model car...so I guess you can keep an eye out in the black market for cheap parts soon!

Thanks again guys! As I said...I will still be around!

Michael Benz

PS...I told the guy who bought my car (local sale) to register on here...so possibly look out for the same car again!
Old 05-05-2009, 05:44 PM
05' AT SSM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dang you sold it with all the goodies installed? SCharger, exhaust, hood?

Well i'll be keeping my eyes open on the black market, travel to indy on business sometimes.

Any plans for a new Auto-X car? or new toys in the works?
Old 05-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
wow I didn't see this coming! Hope this choice works out for you man!
Old 05-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
wtf!.. I'm definitely not liking this.. what's the upgrade?
Old 05-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Needs wheels

wow.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:22 PM
USDM -> JDM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i dont believe it...
Old 05-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Acuras Only in

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow ... that's a surprise .... what ride are you picking up to replace TL then?
Old 05-05-2009, 06:45 PM
March of The Fire Ants

I don't know you or your car, but judging by the reactions, I guess I should go back and check it out. Change is good. Best of luck to you.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:48 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by KzooTL
Dang you sold it with all the goodies installed? SCharger, exhaust, hood?

Well i'll be keeping my eyes open on the black market, travel to indy on business sometimes.

Any plans for a new Auto-X car? or new toys in the works?
Yes...I sold it pretty much as a turn key as was.

So far as new autocross toys....I am kind of taking a year off to get my finances in order and take advantage of the off economy as much as I can while its there. Its a great time for buyers right now. I imagine I will still hit an autocross or two this year as I sold it to a guy just down the street from me in the same neighborhood and I promised him I would show him how to autocross a few times and co-drive with him.

As for what I moved onto....I have a 2005 CTS-V (6 speed manual w/ LS-6 V-8) that I currently am rolling in. Rumors have it that I WILL be seen on the autocross circuit in it...but they still have some selling to do on me yet. My lawn looks like ass...and I need to get back to real life a bit as last year - in order to win street mod class I lived and breathed autocross so my daily chores and family took a back seat and if I dont get on them soon I will be looking at a whole new lawn to get back up to snuff. Two dobies have torn the back half to shreds (mud mostly) and the front looks terrible. No kidding...I put everything aside for racing last year - to the point where I left a 15 year relationship and changed my whole way of daily life.

At any rate...I figured hell...I am 41 years old...going on 42. I needed to get some recentering in my life and get back to what one would expect of someone my age and stop living the dream to a great degree. The journey there is most of it for me...once I get there....its not as much fun trying to stay on top - therefore I stive to learn something else....another car....another aspect of driving skill....something else where I can strive for the top again.

Not to worry though guys. No kidding...I will still be around here no doubt. I have had too much fun and learned too much stuff on this journey of mine not to help others to do the same or reach their goals. I really like helping people and the automotive scene in general needs more people helping people IMO as we all benefit from fellowship at a minimum!

I will post some decent pics of my new ride when I get a chance to take some. Right now all I have is some crappy dark pics from inside a garage. Its a very fun car though. Sure takes most by suprise if they dont notice the "V" badging on the back...lol.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
Yes...I sold it pretty much as a turn key as was.

So far as new autocross toys....I am kind of taking a year off to get my finances in order and take advantage of the off economy as much as I can while its there. Its a great time for buyers right now. I imagine I will still hit an autocross or two this year as I sold it to a guy just down the street from me in the same neighborhood and I promised him I would show him how to autocross a few times and co-drive with him.

As for what I moved onto....I have a 2005 CTS-V (6 speed manual w/ LS-6 V-8) that I currently am rolling in. Rumors have it that I WILL be seen on the autocross circuit in it...but they still have some selling to do on me yet. My lawn looks like ass...and I need to get back to real life a bit as last year - in order to win street mod class I lived and breathed autocross so my daily chores and family took a back seat and if I dont get on them soon I will be looking at a whole new lawn to get back up to snuff. Two dobies have torn the back half to shreds (mud mostly) and the front looks terrible. No kidding...I put everything aside for racing last year - to the point where I left a 15 year relationship and changed my whole way of daily life.

At any rate...I figured hell...I am 41 years old...going on 42. I needed to get some recentering in my life and get back to what one would expect of someone my age and stop living the dream to a great degree. The journey there is most of it for me...once I get there....its not as much fun trying to stay on top - therefore I stive to learn something else....another car....another aspect of driving skill....something else where I can strive for the top again.

Not to worry though guys. No kidding...I will still be around here no doubt. I have had too much fun and learned too much stuff on this journey of mine not to help others to do the same or reach their goals. I really like helping people and the automotive scene in general needs more people helping people IMO as we all benefit from fellowship at a minimum!

I will post some decent pics of my new ride when I get a chance to take some. Right now all I have is some crappy dark pics from inside a garage. Its a very fun car though. Sure takes most by suprise if they dont notice the "V" badging on the back...lol.
Wow... this whole stop living a dream thing is making me sad! Good luck either way. I hope everything works out. The CTS is an unbelievable ride.... you don't have to use your lawn as an excuse to buying one. haha Good luck either way.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Acuras Only in

Michael ... you r man enough face the challenges .... good luck !
Old 05-05-2009, 06:59 PM

Who will we live vicariously through? lol.. GL on the lawn & getting things in order.. if it's not one thing it's another..
Old 05-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
don't you still have the Lexus?
Old 05-05-2009, 07:17 PM

Received 9,495 Likes on 6,167 Posts
Very respectable decisions you have made man. I wish you the best of luck with everything going on.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:34 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
don't you still have the Lexus?
Yes. I still have the GS400. Getting ready to sell that too. Too many cars. I think I had like 7 at one time... down to five right now. CTS-V, GS-400 L Tuned, RX-7, and hoopty chevy pickup for the occasional utility need (lawn and garden, taking big stuff home, moving friends, ect), and a minivan I inherited more or less. Hopefully I can get it down to two by years end....CTS-V and hoopty truck.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:38 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by detailinguy99
Wow... this whole stop living a dream thing is making me sad! Good luck either way. I hope everything works out. The CTS is an unbelievable ride.... you don't have to use your lawn as an excuse to buying one. haha Good luck either way.
Meh...its not so sad and not like I am stopping living the dream...but I had got so overtaken in drive that I let a lot of other things go in my life that created balance. Its just a matter of balancing my fun with my responsibilities. I can get a bit obsessed with drive at times I can take things for granted that are very important in creating a balanced individual. I wouldnt have done it any different though. So dont get me wrong!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:48 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Now there's something I am going to have to deal with all the time...lol. Just after the last post here...I went outside and walked around the front yard and had a smoke ...and what drives by...the Acura. lol The new buyer inside with all his friends packed into it checking it out...lol. Kid hangs out the back and says..."can you believe it?" lol. I am thinking...no....I cant believe I sold it myself! lol Thats gonna be hard watching it drive by every day. He lives right down the street.

I feel a supercharger coming on for the CTS-V! Gotta show him up now! lol
Old 05-05-2009, 07:57 PM
2008 335i e92 6MT

dang your car was sick bro.

btw what have ya done to that rx-7? >_^
Old 05-05-2009, 08:33 PM
RPF1+RS3 FTW

Received 273 Likes on 179 Posts
You had an amazing TL, sometimes its just time to move on. I love the CTS-V though, its a beast of a car. Good luck getting your life in balance, seems like you are already on track.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 591 Likes on 455 Posts
good luck with the good decisions!

sucks seeing it drive by, but I bet the sound of it drivin by when you cant see it is worse!
Old 05-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Nice collection!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:20 PM

I can just imagine your neighbor rice'ing it out or chroming it out.. chrome door sills w/ 20" chrome spokes & underglow.. then there will be the wreckless ding and dents that will form but not fixed... and you'll know every time he drives by because you'll hear his +1000W system booming.. oh boy.. I still cringe when I think about what could have happened to my old baby..
Old 05-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I enjoyed reading your comments as you were building up your TL. Enjoy the Caddy. Good luck to you.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:53 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
dude WHAT cts-v with some skill can take an autocross... course you'd have to prevent the drift lol

you sound like me when I got rid of my tl-s... it all came down to restructuring... the tl-s was a spoil and a burden for me with a new baby coming soon... but hey cars are just a hobby meng
Old 05-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Mike, sorry to see you sell it. You had a clean car with great mods.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:51 AM
2005 TL (7/07-8/29/09)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You don't need a lawn, pour concrete over it so you can have more space to put your cars. Don't be a stranger.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:10 AM
Green Machine

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts
Sorry to see your car go man. You are definitely one of the veterans that I got some really good advice from. Hope you continue to post. Also I hope you enjoy that Caddy.....nice!!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
Yes. I still have the GS400. Getting ready to sell that too. Too many cars. I think I had like 7 at one time... down to five right now. CTS-V, GS-400 L Tuned, RX-7, and hoopty chevy pickup for the occasional utility need (lawn and garden, taking big stuff home, moving friends, ect), and a minivan I inherited more or less. Hopefully I can get it down to two by years end....CTS-V and hoopty truck.
let me know if you have any parts for it you are thinking of getting rid of... not sure if they are interchangable with the 430 though...
Old 05-06-2009, 09:08 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm sorry to see you go. Good luck in your CTS-V.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Took you long enough to sell it . Just kidding, I know it's hard to sell a modded car. Considering you only put it on the market a couple of months ago, that was pretty good. Don't know what you took, but what you were asking was a great deal.

As for the other cars... Guess the RX-7 project is no more. That's a shame, I was looking forward to that one. You never really drove the Lexus anyway. The van...uh, yeah. What I want to know is when/how you unloaded that Caddy. Who bought that POS?

As for the life stuff, shit happens and things change. Enjoy what's going on now and deal with tomorrow when it gets here. You know how I feel about some of the things that happened. You'll be fine and better off/a better person in the long run.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Safety Car

good luck bro
Old 05-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
You had a really nice TL. Hope you enjoy the CTS-V
Old 05-06-2009, 03:32 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Took you long enough to sell it . Just kidding, I know it's hard to sell a modded car. Considering you only put it on the market a couple of months ago, that was pretty good. Don't know what you took, but what you were asking was a great deal.

As for the other cars... Guess the RX-7 project is no more. That's a shame, I was looking forward to that one. You never really drove the Lexus anyway. The van...uh, yeah. What I want to know is when/how you unloaded that Caddy. Who bought that POS?

As for the life stuff, shit happens and things change. Enjoy what's going on now and deal with tomorrow when it gets here. You know how I feel about some of the things that happened. You'll be fine and better off/a better person in the long run.
Oh....you wouldnt believe who bought that caddy from me. Would you believe a wealthy guy? True story. The hoopty car a guy with actualy money bought from me...and drives it around and dumped money into it. I think his dad had one just like it or something years ago....memories or something...dunno.

As for the sale of the Acura...actually...I NEVER actually got around to advertising it for sale at all...lol. It just sold itself via word of mouth. As for what I got for it....right around what I had mentioned selling it for on here. 18 minus autocross slicks/rims set, carbon fiber engine cover, richie strut tower bar, type s head rests, and a few other things that didnt go along with the deal. He just bought the car.....not everything I had.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Very nice. Memories and all...I love eary 80's Sevilles because my grandparents had one; however, I'd never buy one.

That kid got a great deal, even if he didn't get everything you had.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:50 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Very nice. Memories and all...I love eary 80's Sevilles because my grandparents had one; however, I'd never buy one.

That kid got a great deal, even if he didn't get everything you had.
I would agree....I gave him a smokin' deal...definately a good value for his purchasing dollar. But the economy sux right now that way too. You gotta understand...unless you are willing to take the whole thing apart and sell it peice by peice...which I wasnt/didnt/dont have the time...you are not going to recoup much of what you spent. Even then...you arent going to get what my time would be worth otherwise. I am buried right now getting a local forum back off the groundand reviving it with a good shot of marketing and sales, ect. So my time has been greatly spent trying to further the automotive scene in Indy before I get too damn old to wake up anymore....

I have already put a magnaflow catback system on this car (the new CTS-V)...a CAGS (skip shift eliminator) unit...rear dif support brace...rear strut tower bar....and brand new set of BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW's...fat all the way around as opposed to the staggered setup (for autocross)...so this car isnt exactly saving me any money....lol. I think I have another $5000 worth of mods picked out and havent even touched the engine yet. Will probably end up spraying it as opposed to supercharging it as its more economical. But who knows...still have time to map that all out.

And you know me....lookin at a carbon fiber hood for it now...lol. Thats figured into the $5000 though.

This...in carbon fiber....with the power dome.

Last edited by MichaelBenz; 07-07-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Sorry to see your car go to a different owner... Hope the dude takes car of it like you did... I know you put in a lot of work to get it where it was...

I'm glad that you'll stick around and share your thoughts, insight and knowledge with the new generation of TL owners...
Old 07-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

I have already put a magnaflow catback system on this car (the new CTS-V)...a CAGS (skip shift eliminator) unit...rear dif support brace...rear strut tower bar....and brand new set of BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW's...fat all the way around as opposed to the staggered setup (for autocross)...so this car isnt exactly saving me any money....lol. I think I have another $5000 worth of mods picked out and havent even touched the engine yet. Will probably end up spraying it as opposed to supercharging it as its more economical. But who knows...still have time to map that all out.

And you know me....lookin at a carbon fiber hood for it now...lol. Thats figured into the $5000 though.

This...in carbon fiber....with the power dome.
LOL! I remember some time ago you said for what you spent on the TL you could've bought a CTS-V, thus saving time and money. I replied you'd mod the V, thus spending even more.

Sounds like a great start, though. Maybe it's just me, but I think this thread needs more pictures. By the way, how does the V do in the autoX?
Old 07-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Will probably end up spraying it as opposed to supercharging it as its more economical. But who knows...still have time to map that all out.
I see a Procharger in your future
Old 07-08-2009, 04:50 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by Excelerate
I see a Procharger in your future
Dont say that! lol

I hear Lingenfelter has a product they are working on too. A blower with much more potential than the topped out unit Magnuson sells. Dont remember the blower they are using...but apparently it has much more build potential for higher HP.

But who knows....I could turbo as well....or twin turbo (much more of a PITA on twin)
Old 07-09-2009, 08:22 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Dont say that! lol
Like we all don't know...boost is in your future, it's just a matter of what and when.

Quick Reply: Just sold my TL...