Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much would it cost to touch up body of my 2008 Acura TL

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 01:45 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much would it cost to touch up body of my 2008 Acura TL

I've owned an Acura TL for almost a year and I love it as a first car. I got it for a relatively good deal but there's some flaws on the body as a whole of the car. I take excellent care of it since I'm paying for it myself and do consistent maintance on it when needed. I guess the previous owner had a walnut tree or some ball like object hanging above where he parked the car because there are mini dents all over the roof of the car and somehow a few that are on the side of the car doors. It is not really noticeable without being right in front of the car but I would like to fix that issue. I don't know if it's worth bringing to a shop or learning how to fix it myself. They are literally dents roughly the size of quarters.
Old 08-14-2016, 02:34 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Sounds like hail damage or kids throwing balls? Get a painless dent repair quote.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:34 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool do you think it's worth paying the premium and go to the Acura dealership to have it done by them or is it one of those jobs that isn't necessary to go to them for? I'm not cheap when it comes to my car I rather invest money for a proper and good job instead of some cheaper job possibly done by a local mechanic.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 185 Likes on 150 Posts
Originally Posted by OGTrey079
Cool do you think it's worth paying the premium and go to the Acura dealership to have it done by them or is it one of those jobs that isn't necessary to go to them for? I'm not cheap when it comes to my car I rather invest money for a proper and good job instead of some cheaper job possibly done by a local mechanic.
Dealer will just sub it out anyway and unlikely to do a good job. I have a great guy Ive seen work miracles and he is an independent. I would ask some car guys you know locally or if you know a good high end detail or body shop ask who they use.

Prices should be on average between 500-1000 depending on extent and complexity of the dings. Based on your description that does sound like hail damage
Old 08-14-2016, 07:36 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,116 Posts
I would echo what was already said about the paintless dent repair.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:19 PM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I just bought my 08 TL, and I have some small dents also. A door ding on the rear driver's side door, a couple of small dents on the back side of the trunk lid, and then a small dent on each of the rear door jambs (?). I did a Google search for "paintless dent repair" in my state and came up with a couple of matches. I took some pics of the dents and e-mailed them to both places. One guy called me back, the other guy e-mailed me and asked where I was? I replied back with my location and never heard from him again.

I just met up with the guy that called me back so he could look at the dents. He said the dent in the door and the ones on the door openings should be no problem. The ones on the trunk lid, ehhhhh, maybe around 90% after the repair. He is going to charge me $300 for the 5 dents. My only no-no was no holes drilled in the car. If it came to that I would just live with the dents.

I called a couple of other places, and they gave me the same info the guy I'm going to see told me. Most dents are no problem. But there are those dents that are difficult to get to, or maybe on a body line or crease that are difficult to remove completely. They will do the best they can, but there are just times when the dent won't come completely out. But it will look better than it did.

I'm going to drop the car off Wednesday night so he can do the repairs. I'll let you know how it works out.
The following users liked this post:
EvilVirus (08-15-2016)
Old 08-14-2016, 10:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,989 Likes on 1,412 Posts
Originally Posted by tbirdman
I just bought my 08 TL, and I have some small dents also. A door ding on the rear driver's side door, a couple of small dents on the back side of the trunk lid, and then a small dent on each of the rear door jambs (?). I did a Google search for "paintless dent repair" in my state and came up with a couple of matches. I took some pics of the dents and e-mailed them to both places. One guy called me back, the other guy e-mailed me and asked where I was? I replied back with my location and never heard from him again.

I just met up with the guy that called me back so he could look at the dents. He said the dent in the door and the ones on the door openings should be no problem. The ones on the trunk lid, ehhhhh, maybe around 90% after the repair. He is going to charge me $300 for the 5 dents. My only no-no was no holes drilled in the car. If it came to that I would just live with the dents.

I called a couple of other places, and they gave me the same info the guy I'm going to see told me. Most dents are no problem. But there are those dents that are difficult to get to, or maybe on a body line or crease that are difficult to remove completely. They will do the best they can, but there are just times when the dent won't come completely out. But it will look better than it did.

I'm going to drop the car off Wednesday night so he can do the repairs. I'll let you know how it works out.
and if you call up a few bodyshops that are reputable you'll get some good contacts for PDR. A bodyshop in orlando charged me $330 for the whole car to have any and all dents removed since he was going to be there anyway vs a $500+ service call to my home.

Many PDR guys now have ways to fix dents without making any sort of holes! For example on my 760 the guy removed the door panel and was able to work it out with his tools from inside the door.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:42 AM
Jeff

Received 815 Likes on 726 Posts
$34.50 per dent
The following 2 users liked this post by Oh Sickest TL:
csmeance (08-15-2016), gatrhumpy (08-16-2016)