Sponsored by:

Extended Warranty from 'Acura Care'

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 03:22 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extended Warranty from 'Acura Care'

http://www.curryacuracare.com/

Is this site is trust worthy and backed by American Honda? Coverage is comprehensive enough for additional money? It mandates the services and parts should be OEM; Any thoughts on the worth of additional for extended warranty?

-Sam
Old 02-21-2008, 03:34 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Acura Care warranties are only the only "true" [I think?] Acura/Honda Warranties available; all parts will be OEM *BUT* they can and will use factory refurbished parts when needed and at their discretion.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:31 PM
Instructor

I bought from bernardiwarranty.com They were cheaper than anywhere else online.

But if you want to buy it online, do it before April 1st. Acura banned the online sales of AcuraCare Warranties after that date!

Good luck
Old 02-22-2008, 07:51 AM
The Darker the berry....

Hondacuraworld.com sells them, too - true AcuraCare warranty. I bought 1 for my 04 MDX from them a couple years ago.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:55 AM
The Darker the berry....

Oh and BTW, I've heard of plenty of people buying their warranties from Curry. I'm considering them for my 06 TL warranty.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:44 AM
2006 Acura TL

Guys, this is friggin great information as I only have the factory warranty as I did not want to finance an extended warranty. The dealer told me I would be able to do this, but this info. is awesome.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:50 AM
2006 Acura TL

I just out all of the sites you guys mentioned, and it says that Florida will be rejected and I have to go to the dealer. Does anyone know why?
Old 02-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Curry is good. I purchased my extended warranty for my Accord from them.

Here's a tip - when you go to the website and request a quote, don't purchase it right then and there. They will usually follow-up a day later with a $90 discount off the price of the warranty.

I should look into an extended warranty on the TL now.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:31 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
www.hondawarrantyinfo.com (click on Acura care) is the cheapest.

Better buy it soon, as Honda will be banning all internet sales of its extended warranty plans beginning 4/1/08.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SodaLuvr
www.hondawarrantyinfo.com (click on Acura care) is the cheapest.

Better buy it soon, as Honda will be banning all internet sales of its extended warranty plans beginning 4/1/08.
This is the same as Bernardi.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:17 PM
all work and no play

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
same price because its another Bernardi site
Old 02-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
check out www.hondacuraworld.com - AZ official vendor.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:53 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Florida might have some specific warranty rules that prevents them from selling an online warranty after the car has been purchased.. =/
Old 02-24-2008, 01:16 AM
7th Gear

I am thinking of getting a 7yr/100K miles extended warranty from Acura Care.

Do you feel that the existing warranties - drive-train 6yrs/70K miles and basic 4yrs/50K - are adequate?

I have a 07 TL without navi. Does drive train includes suspension, steering, brakes and/or fuel system etc? Besides drive train, what possible expensive repairs are covered under basic?

Appreciate your valuable advice.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by cbptls
Curry is good. I purchased my extended warranty for my Accord from them.

Here's a tip - when you go to the website and request a quote, don't purchase it right then and there. They will usually follow-up a day later with a $90 discount off the price of the warranty.

I should look into an extended warranty on the TL now.

I actually got my $90 discount notification the same day i filled out the online inquiry. My "local" dealer offered to match the online price but would not honor the additional $90 off soooo.....i got it online thru Curry. G/L
Old 02-26-2008, 03:07 PM
7th Gear

Lots of people got it(some from dealer and others from various sites), How many used extended warranty? Any caveats minimized benefits of extended warranty?

If no one used over 50K miles means, car is reliable and it doesn't need extended warranty.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My car is nearing it's warranty period. Although the car is a 2004, it only has 14,000 miles. I'm trying to decide if it's worth the gamble of 1K+ considering the low mileage. It's a gamble....and the odds are in their favor nothing major will break. My car has never had any issues other than poor leather replaced under warranty. Mechanically, the car is perfect. It's a 6MT btw.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by JetJock
My car is nearing it's warranty period. Although the car is a 2004, it only has 14,000 miles. I'm trying to decide if it's worth the gamble of 1K+ considering the low mileage. It's a gamble....and the odds are in their favor nothing major will break. My car has never had any issues other than poor leather replaced under warranty. Mechanically, the car is perfect. It's a 6MT btw.
If you purchase the warranty, it is like having "sleep insurance".

Does your car have navigation? If so, I would consider purchasing the coverage because if you have something go wrong with this, it will easily cost more than the coverage.

Purchase online before April 1st, otherwise you will have to buy from the dealer who will most likely rip you off.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Instructor

Does anyone know if they actually check your current mileage if you purchase the addit. warranty? The reason I ask is b'c right now I own a 06 w/ 8500 mi. but since I will be switching jobs which require driving, I will be accumulating miles real soon annually.

It's odd because when I enter my current mileage of 8500 and 18500 as a test, the cost came up the same except that now I am covered for more miles over the lifetime of the car. ie: 3/17/2013 92,500 vs 102,500 mi.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:05 PM
08' WDP Type S

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This is an excellent deal. I was worried about an extended warranty, and if I buy this week prior to april 1, I will keep this in mind. 84month, 100,000 mile for under a grand? Count me in.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Racer

When I purchased the Honda Extended Warranty for my Accord, they didn't check the mileage, although I'm sure they checked with Honda to see if my car was serviced with them and if so, what the mileage was.

So my guess would be that if you've had your car serviced with Acura/Honda, they will check for your mileage records here. If you serviced the car elsewhere, I don't think they are going to do a big investigation.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Intermediate

Wink Warrany comment

I bought an 08 base model w/non-navi and I was on the fence for a long time about whether or not to purchase the extended warranty. I've done alot of research and even asked lots of people here. The Acura TL is one of the highest rated cars (consumer reports) with good ratings on reliability. It's a gamble whether you buy the warranty or not and I admit that i'm a little iffy about all of the electronics on the car. However, i don't have the Navi so that's a plus on my side. From what I hear, that's an expensive piece to repair. As far as everything else, I'm pretty confident that I'm going to go 150,000 miles without any major costly issues. Plus, if you take care of the car and maintain it accordingly, i think you'll find you bought a pretty reliable machine. Plus, I don't anticipate small break/fix things to cost about as much as I would have to pay for the warranty. In my experience, there's never been a time when I've had a need for the extended warranty, expecially with Hondas. I've had a 92 and 96 civic, my brother has had a 98 civic and a 98 integra, mom has a 2001 CRV, dad has a 2005 Pilot, wife has a 2002 Acura RSX, and so far all of those hondas are going strong. Some of those already have 160,000+ miles on them. I've also had a friend that has bought extended warranties on his 2000 TL, 2006 Pilot, 2003 CRV and he has yet to put it to any use. Like I said it's a gamble and that's not to say that sh17 doesn't happen. I'm hoping that with the 08 being the last model of the current TL body style, they would have worked all all the kinks with the earlier models. Anyways, I hope this helps...good luck with your decision. Oh and one other bit of information that helped was, instead of paying for the extended warranty, invest that money and let it earn some interest in and IF you do ever have need for it to repair something, well, you've got that and maybe a little more.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:38 PM
08' WDP Type S

so after reading a bit more, I am kinda skeptical about this. Is this the same warranty you would buy from the dealer? Have people actually confirmed this?
Old 03-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by PSURob12
so after reading a bit more, I am kinda skeptical about this. Is this the same warranty you would buy from the dealer? Have people actually confirmed this?
From what I was told, the dealer has Acura Care available ONLY if the customer requests it. The reason being is because they have a contract with a third party warranty provider that they have to push. Ask them about it and they'll give you all the information you want on it. HOWEVER, compare Acura Care prices on hondacuraworl, curry, and delray acura and you will see how much your local dealership marks it up. Then you can use those other quotes as leverage to get their prices down. Good luck. Let's us know how it works out for you!
Old 03-17-2008, 04:09 PM
08' WDP Type S

Originally Posted by awaxx
From what I was told, the dealer has Acura Care available ONLY if the customer requests it. The reason being is because they have a contract with a third party warranty provider that they have to push. Ask them about it and they'll give you all the information you want on it. HOWEVER, compare Acura Care prices on hondacuraworl, curry, and delray acura and you will see how much your local dealership marks it up. Then you can use those other quotes as leverage to get their prices down. Good luck. Let's us know how it works out for you!
I am not sure I follow. Is it officially recognized by acura or not? Would they offer an extended warranty that was NOT Acura Care?
Old 03-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Intermediate

I am not sure I follow. Is it officially recognized by acura or not? Would they offer an extended warranty that was NOT Acura Care?
Yes, Honda/Acura Care is the one "true" manufacturer warranty. It is the one actually from Honda. Just like you can buy other third party warranties, Acura also has a third party they are contracted to promote warranties for. I think the warranty company that the Acura dealership promotes is a company called JMA. However, they DO still sell the actual Acura Care warranty as well, but you have to be knowledgeable about it and ask about it. If you are wondering where I got this information from, I got it from the financial advisor at a local Acura dealership close to me. I happened to find info on the Acura Care extended warranty and asked about it. You are better off getting the Acura Care warranty if you are going to buy one. Inquire at the dealership. I hope that helps. And if I've gotten any of this information wrong, someone please feel free to correct me so that it helps out other ppl who may have the same questions.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Instructor

What he's saying is that the Acura Care is Only offered if the customer requests it. Otherwise, the dealer will try to push some other third party warranty. I don't know if that is in fact the case with all dealers or maybe just the one he dealt with. Personally, i purchased my warranty thru the curry acura care website. As stated before, i did give my "local" dealer an opprtunity to match the online price, but they wouldn't go the extra $90 bucks. Initially, when i asked them about the acura care warranty, they wanted to charge me almost $1200 over the online price. They were definitely buggin to think that was going down.

Anyways, as far as i can gather, it seems that the acura care warranty is the one you want as it is offered/backed by American Honda. Personally, i like the peace of mind, so i bought it. It's all a personal opinion as to whether or not you should buy it. Folks can present some excellent arguments for or against purchasing one, but at the end of the day, what's important is doing what you're comfortable with....after you've comprehensively examined the facts against your personal situation....my

Good Luck B
Old 03-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Cruiser

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts
bernardiwarranty.com

has 13 complaints with the BBB online...
Old 03-17-2008, 07:53 PM
3GTLS

Originally Posted by antlive
bernardiwarranty.com

has 13 complaints with the BBB online...

That's probably why they have the cheapest quotes for Acura Care warranties.

But, on the other hand, once you buy it through them, you can use the warranty at any dealership, so it wouldn't matter that they have several compaints with the BBB, would it?
Old 03-17-2008, 07:57 PM
08' WDP Type S

Originally Posted by voidtrance
That's probably why they have the cheapest quotes for Acura Care warranties.

But, on the other hand, once you buy it through them, you can use the warranty at any dealership, so it wouldn't matter that they have several compaints with the BBB, would it?
what if they went out of business?
Old 03-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Cruiser

is it worth getting it?
Old 03-17-2008, 08:01 PM
3GTLS

what if they went out of business?
So what? What if the dealership that you bought you car from went out of business? Does this void your current warranty?

Admittedly, I don't have all the info but what I am imagining is that when you buy the Acura Care warranty from anywhere, you get a card that you can present to the dealership.
Once you have that card, you can use it at any Acura dealership and the card/warranty does not become void even if the place you bought it at goes out of business or turns out to be a shady place (unless, they sold you a fake card).

Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Racer

Another Site

Since we're closing in on the deadline, I'm pricing the 8 years/100k extended warranty. Bernardi was cheaper than Curry Acura, but after reading the post about BBB complaints, don't know if I will purchase from them because I found another site that is quoting $1,165 (same price) less $25 for the same coverage.

Hyannis Honda

I do think that as long as you get the paperwork and everything is issued correctly, it doesn't matter if the selling dealership is around or not, because it's backed by American Honda.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:30 AM
The Darker the berry....

Originally Posted by cbptls
Since we're closing in on the deadline, I'm pricing the 8 years/100k extended warranty. Bernardi was cheaper than Curry Acura, but after reading the post about BBB complaints, don't know if I will purchase from them because I found another site that is quoting $1,165 (same price) less $25 for the same coverage.

Hyannis Honda

I do think that as long as you get the paperwork and everything is issued correctly, it doesn't matter if the selling dealership is around or not, because it's backed by American Honda.
They don't seem to be doing anything but brand new car warranties.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:45 AM
Racer

My car still has less that 6k miles, so not a problem for me. I guess you need to check out Curry or Bernardi then.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:16 PM
Cruiser

well my credit union has a extended warranty that can be transfered... I think I'll go with that one
Old 03-27-2008, 08:58 AM
Instructor

Just curious as we approach April if anyone decided to go with either Bernardi or Curry?
Old 03-27-2008, 09:02 AM
05WDP Midlife crisis

What I did was to take the Curry one in to my dealer and they matched it. As far as they warranty itself goes, I think of it as another selling point, as it is transferable.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:13 AM
08' WDP Type S

Originally Posted by joed40
What I did was to take the Curry one in to my dealer and they matched it. As far as they warranty itself goes, I think of it as another selling point, as it is transferable.
I just bought my 08' WDP type S on tuesday, and did the same thing. They matched the curry price no questions asked. I was happy.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:24 AM
Instructor

Just did a price quote again from Curry... this time they sent a promo for $115 off instead of $80

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty from 'Acura Care'