3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drivers Mirror Question Help

Old 02-02-2016, 06:47 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Drivers Mirror Question Help

I recently went to my body shop to pick up my car after some one decided to change lanes last second and cut me off. Got lucky and swerved but still broke off mirror and light fender damage. My question when I went to pick up my vehicle mirror did not look right. Gap on the mirror fit and also I remember there being a heater mark on mirror saying it's heated. The new one don't have that. Talked to service at shop and said it was original Acura mirror that came painted from factory. There was also a few other problems so the car stayed at shop till its done correctly. Can some one or people chime in and post pics of your drivers side mirrors see what they look like.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:22 PM
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 421 Posts
The arrow is pointing to the area that's still push in/crushed. It needs to come out to close the gap at the top of the mirror.

The white mirror and the black weather strip should be tight and even all the way up/down. Not like a V as is shown in the pic above.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:56 AM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Your side mirror is OEM.
They don't make aftermarket 07/08 side mirrors. Otherwise everyone would have them, trust me.

Looks like an install error, my bet is the foam insert between the side mirror and body not allowing them to close together.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:27 PM
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts
Agree that the whole panel looks a little funny... in addition to the fitment on the bottom being a little strange, it looks like the top of that piece is sitting out further than the door frame. I cant say I've payed a ton of attention to that area, but I think they should be flush.

like GP said, there's a gasket there that seals the mirror to the body behind that triangle shaped area. If the gasket is folded or is being pinched incorrectly, that could be the issue.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:51 PM
Racer

Body shop is taking care of it. Bad part I'm using a body shop from back were I used to live. Wont be able to see it till next weekend...
Old 02-05-2016, 12:24 AM
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 421 Posts
LOL, that's bs, that mirror is not bad nor is it a gasket/foam insert problem.

In both of the scenarios above, Sal would of been able to drive the car home the same day.

If it was a defective mirror, the shop would of sent Sal home in his car while they order the mirror and waited for it's arrival. No reason for Sal to give up his car.

Likewise, if the gasket/foam insert was defective or pinched Sal would of just waited while it was being fix. No reason to hold the car. The shop would of had a spare gasket from the old mirror.

I think you need to find a better shop. They try to pull a fast one on you Sal. That's not good.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:49 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by 01acls
LOL, that's bs, that mirror is not bad nor is it a gasket/foam insert problem.

In both of the scenarios above, Sal would of been able to drive the car home the same day.

If it was a defective mirror, the shop would of sent Sal home in his car while they order the mirror and waited for it's arrival. No reason for Sal to give up his car.

Likewise, if the gasket/foam insert was defective or pinched Sal would of just waited while it was being fix. No reason to hold the car. The shop would of had a spare gasket from the old mirror.

I think you need to find a better shop. They try to pull a fast one on you Sal. That's not good.
It was more than the mirror issue there was over spray/ rubbing compound on the foam insert on behind fender under hood gasket under door handle was not installed correctly was actually broken clips and installed with some sort of adhesive and the worst part was the fender painted had a HUGE ridge running along side the gap between door and fender. Kind of hard to see but you can feel it if you run your fingers across it.

Old 02-12-2016, 12:36 PM
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I think it's time to find a new shop