Did we finally find a fix for wobbly seats?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 05:32 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did we finally find a fix for wobbly seats?

I've had my 2007 Acura TL for close to 4 years and one huge pet peeve of mine has been the "wobble" or looseness in my driver's seat.

It's not bad, there is probably about 1mm of play, but it's noticeable if you make a hard stop, when the car comes to a stop and your body goes back into the seat you feel a small amount of play. From my understanding this was a big issue when these cars were new and it was covered under warranty, however if the issue happened after warranty you were shit out of luck. The dealer told me they used to replace the entire rail assembly.

From all the TL's i've sat in, i'd say 50%+ have the play, most people don't seem to notice however.

I haven't been able to find a thread on this and am trying to tackle it on my own without replacing the rails. Any advice?

This is the suspect area:

Old 01-22-2017, 12:52 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There was an fix but you'll have to search Google for it on an Honda Accord. It's common with the accord so maybe you could do the same thing on the Accord to your TL. I believe it was an ring or something that went bad or is loose.