Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acura TL Headlight

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 01:41 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura TL Headlight

Hi guys, so this weekend I took apart my bumper to install my new HIDs and CAI, it all went great but it took a little longer then it should of i think cause it was my first time pulling off the bumper and it was a bit tricky. Installing the CAI and the new HIDs was easy, after installing everything i decided to turn on the car and the lights, soon after I noticed that my right headlight sometimes wont turn on (fogs work just fine). I read up on a few other posts that some people have been having some problems with their headlights and they mentioned that it might be the ballast or the igniter... If any of you guys have had anything like this how did you fix it?

I am also having another problem with my parking/ambient lights. When i turn on my headlights the right front signal light wont turn on, but when I use the signal indicator the bulb works. Does anyone know what this is, is it the bulb thats causing the issue? Any help is appreciated Thank you!
Old 09-27-2015, 03:12 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,102 Likes on 763 Posts
Originally Posted by h22lude
When i turn on my headlights the right front signal light wont turn on, but when I use the signal indicator the bulb works. Does anyone know what this is, is it the bulb thats causing the issue?
That's probably just the dual filament 7443 turn signal bulb-- just changed one on my TL last week.
The following users liked this post:
UA6-MT (01-23-2020)
Old 09-27-2015, 05:17 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
[QUOTE=h22lude;15565687]Hi guys, so this weekend I took apart my bumper to install my new HIDs and CAI, it all went great but it took a little longer then it should of i think cause it was my first time pulling off the bumper and it was a bit tricky. Installing the CAI and the new HIDs was easy, after installing everything i decided to turn on the car and the lights, soon after I noticed that my right headlight sometimes wont turn on (fogs work just fine). I read up on a few other posts that some people have been having some problems with their headlights and they mentioned that it might be the ballast or the igniter... If any of you guys have had anything like this how did you fix it?

QUOTE]

As far as the headlight, mine was the igniter that had failed.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:43 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Will Y.
That's probably just the dual filament 7443 turn signal bulb-- just changed one on my TL last week.
Thank you, I read something like that in another thread? do you happen to know the exact part number of the bulb? or where you picked it up from?
Old 09-27-2015, 05:44 PM
Cruisin'

[QUOTE=dainmezron;15565775]
Hi guys, so this weekend I took apart my bumper to install my new HIDs and CAI, it all went great but it took a little longer then it should of i think cause it was my first time pulling off the bumper and it was a bit tricky. Installing the CAI and the new HIDs was easy, after installing everything i decided to turn on the car and the lights, soon after I noticed that my right headlight sometimes wont turn on (fogs work just fine). I read up on a few other posts that some people have been having some problems with their headlights and they mentioned that it might be the ballast or the igniter... If any of you guys have had anything like this how did you fix it?

QUOTE]

As far as the headlight, mine was the igniter that had failed.
Alright, I think I'm going to pick one up and try my luck, hopefully thats what it is. Thanks
Old 09-27-2015, 06:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 191 Likes on 174 Posts
Why don't you swap the ignitor and figure out exactly what needs changing instead of guessing.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:12 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by WDPanda
Why don't you swap the ignitor and figure out exactly what needs changing instead of guessing.
I just finished doing all the work, I have a good feeling that its the igniter, it used to do the same thing with the old bulb. When i turn on the light for the first time it works, if i turn it off and on quickly it doesnt work, but if i let it off for about 10-20 sec and then turn it on it works. If the new igniter doesnt work ill just take it to the dealer, its a pain for me to keep taking off the bumper and the headlights, mainly cause im in school and i dont have alot of time or the tools available all the time.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:22 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,102 Likes on 763 Posts
Thank you, I read something like that in another thread? do you happen to know the exact part number of the bulb? or where you picked it up from?
Bulb 7443...
I saw the Sylvania 7443s at Walmart this morning, but bought mine some time ago from an auto parts store. They can be found in hardware stores and probably Target too.