Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'04 TL Angel Eyes

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 10:58 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
'04 TL Angel Eyes

Okay, so, one of the projects that I'm considering is Halo/ Angel Eye DRL's. I've read that the '08 headlights have dual projectors and there is a kit for the angel eyes here:
- https://www.uniquestyleracings.com/i...product_id=467
I've also found projectors that have the Angel Eyes built into them, but I'm wondering if the projectors can be swapped out with my current projectors. Those are here:
- https://www.carid.com/race-sport/gen...9#applications
Can anyone on the forum give me some useful info? Also, I'm a natural skeptic, do the headlight polishing kits actually work? What is a good one, what is the best one?
Old 03-20-2017, 05:24 AM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
why ditch so much money on projectors? you have the 04-06 headlights?

Color Changing Halos Lucenta

if your nifty in opening your headlights there is the link there for some halos
The following users liked this post:
MisterABdub (03-21-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 06:13 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,584 Likes on 6,630 Posts
Don't throw shitty projectors in there. The 3rd gen TL projectors are still one of the highest performing projectors on the market to date.
The following 2 users liked this post by thoiboi:
MisterABdub (03-21-2017), wusty23jd (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 11:46 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 232 Likes on 160 Posts
Keep in mind that the USR "08 headlights dual projectors" that your referring to will likely be what you want to purchase for your 04 TL as you will only be using 2 of the 4 angel eyes. Typically 04-06 owners only install one angel eye per headlight, unless you do some intense fabrication (which can be done if desired). The 04-06 TLs have a fog light within the headlight housing (i.e. area closes to your grill) where an angel eye will not fit easily. The 07-08 TLs have daytime running lights in this location where a secondary angel eye can be installed if desired. I recently cleared my headlights and installed angel eyes on my 05 TL. Please refer to the following link:

https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...lation-953672/

Additionally, I agree with thoiboi. I would not recommend changing the projectors. The OEM TL projectors are pretty solid.

Lastly, I used the 3M Headlight Restoration kit with very good results. It has great reviews and has been referenced several times on Acurazine by TL owners. You can find it on Amazon:

Amazon Amazon

I hope this helps.
The following 2 users liked this post by wusty23jd:
EvilVirus (03-20-2017), MisterABdub (03-21-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 09:03 PM
unicorn_tl

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
I Highly recommend using Morimoto's XSB 70mm Halos, its very bright! Take a look at my build thread and you can see what I mean! I did a diy on it and I'll eventually be making a guide on it soon..hopefully LOL
MisterABdub (03-27-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 03:24 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by wusty23jd
Keep in mind that the USR "08 headlights dual projectors" that your referring to will likely be what you want to purchase for your 04 TL as you will only be using 2 of the 4 angel eyes. Typically 04-06 owners only install one angel eye per headlight, unless you do some intense fabrication (which can be done if desired). The 04-06 TLs have a fog light within the headlight housing (i.e. area closes to your grill) where an angel eye will not fit easily. The 07-08 TLs have daytime running lights in this location where a secondary angel eye can be installed if desired. I recently cleared my headlights and installed angel eyes on my 05 TL. Please refer to the following link:

https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...lation-953672/

Additionally, I agree with thoiboi. I would not recommend changing the projectors. The OEM TL projectors are pretty solid.

Lastly, I used the 3M Headlight Restoration kit with very good results. It has great reviews and has been referenced several times on Acurazine by TL owners. You can find it on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/3M-39008-Head.../dp/B001AIZ5HY

I hope this helps.
To be honest, I wanted to do the quad projectors with angel eyes and fogs in the bumper. I agree, the factory projectors are great. It's those stupid fogs that I don't particularly care for. Your project looks really nice though. I think I'm leaning more towards that. Since you have the switchbacks, you just removed the amber diffuser? I hadn't considered that option. Ideally, I would like to use the halo's as DRL's. I'm concerned that if I tap into my parking lights, the halo's will blink when I activate the turn signal. I don't necessarily want to hardwire a dedicated switch just for the halos, but I want them to operate the way a DRL would.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:25 AM
Advanced

To be honest, I wanted to do the quad projectors with angel eyes and fogs in the bumper. I agree, the factory projectors are great. It's those stupid fogs that I don't particularly care for. Your project looks really nice though. I think I'm leaning more towards that. Since you have the switchbacks, you just removed the amber diffuser? I hadn't considered that option. Ideally, I would like to use the halo's as DRL's. I'm concerned that if I tap into my parking lights, the halo's will blink when I activate the turn signal. I don't necessarily want to hardwire a dedicated switch just for the halos, but I want them to operate the way a DRL would.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:44 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 232 Likes on 160 Posts
Yes, I removed the amber diffusers to "clear" the headlights. I personally am not a fan of them. However, in order to stay safe and legal, you will need a bulb that blinks "amber" when you initiate your turn signals. Once the amber is removed, the stock bulb will shine off-white/yellow (i.e. not amber and not legal). Therefore, you need either an amber-colored bulb (which looks awful in my opinion, especially because you can see the bulb now that the headlight is cleared) or you you can install a switchback bulb.
If you want the halos to act as DRLs, then all you would have to do is tap them into a 12v constant wire, like the green wiper wire. Then,they will turn on automatically, once that wire gets power from your battery. I thought of doing this approach. However, I wanted manual control of my halos, so that's why I went with the switch method. I'm thinking of re-wiring this switch and installing it next to the VSA button with the Honda Accord fog light switch.I think that will look much more OEM.
MisterABdub (03-21-2017)