Turning the Page: RL > SH RLX

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 01:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Originally Posted by TampaRLX-SH
Well I am glad I finally got my Sport Hybrid. And not a moment too soon. As of yesterday Mike Accavitti is out, and Jon Ikeda is in. Accavitti' twitter account went dark about 10 days ago, and now disassociated with Acura followings.

Acura replaces chief Accavitti with designer Ikeda

A engineer in this position will have what impact on the flagship RLX?

*Discuss*
Discuss here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/automot...-387118/page76

Discussion is already in full swing there.

My guess is status quo for now, i.e. no Tier 1 aspirations.
The following users liked this post:
TampaRLX-SH (07-28-2015)
Old 07-28-2015, 02:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,164 Likes on 536 Posts
If Jon Ikeda follows the Acura mantra about precision engineering, he must operate in conjunction with the marketing department and not isolated from it as it appears to be now.

Getting the hot brunette from the RDX commercial:

Or the blonde from the Lexus RX

will not cut it moving forward in future marketing campaigns for Acura. While pleasing to the eye, these commercials don't really talk about how the technology will be meaningful to the car buyer down the road. This is the type of commercial Acura should aim for based on the target market buyer of said vehicles:

Blending reliability with cutting edge technology while doing things that enhance the driving experience should be the goal. Including technology that is largely annoying and is ultimately turned off because of the "nanny effect" like Lane Keeping Assist, should be considered then discarded. Building a car that provides a driver experience that is unique in some way should be the target. BMW focused on the steering feel and driver connection to the road. Audi aimed for traction no matter what the road tossed your way (remember the drive up the ski ramp commercial?). But what would you say is the goal of Acura today? I have been a unwavering customer since 1986 and as of today I can't say what that mission is. That should ring some bells at Acura corporate! Pink slips and cardboard boxes for the soon to be departed please...

I hope Jon and his team are listening!

Last edited by RLX-Sport Hybrid; 07-28-2015 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,164 Likes on 536 Posts
And then I watched this and was reassured that the RLX Sport Hybrid is a supercar in Batman disguise.

Time for a drive in the Blackbird.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob
Discuss here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/automot...-387118/page76

Discussion is already in full swing there.

My guess is status quo for now, i.e. no Tier 1 aspirations.
There is no discussion there, just the usual rants from the usual suspects.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:22 PM
Senior Moderator

^^^^
Eh, it's worse on the TOV. There are the usual suspects over there calling for Acura to go away completely, and lots of people over there are (without any justification, mind you) claiming that the sky is falling. It's not.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:24 PM
2020 Acura RLX Advance

Received 177 Likes on 99 Posts
Article from Automotive News July 13, 2015

CEO Hachigo taking Honda back to basics

Plan takes page from Toyota's recovery playbook

Hans Greimel Twitter RSS feed
Automotive News | July 13, 2015 - 12:01 am EST
TOKYO -- After less than a month on the job, Honda Motor Co. CEO Takahiro Hachigo has outlined his vision for a "new Honda." Much of the plan echoes the mantra of a now-flourishing rival.

Hachigo, 56, a veteran r&d engineer who took office June 17, aims to prioritize innovative cars, abandon aggressive growth targets and maximize existing production capacity before adding more.

If the formula sounds familiar, it should. Toyota Motor Corp. President Akio Toyoda steered his company on a similar course after its financial stumble during the Great Recession and its 2010 unintended acceleration crisis.

In some ways, Honda is recovering from a similar bind.

Former CEO Takanobu Ito handed control to Hachigo as the company was just regaining its footing after several body blows.

The Japanese company's reputation, long envied as cutting-edge cool, had slumped into ho-hum territory, with critics saying some recent products fail to stand out in the mass-market crowd.

The carmaker was then broadsided by the global recall of millions of vehicles to replace faulty Takata airbags that have now been linked to eight deaths. And a series of embarrassing recalls of the redesigned Honda Fit small car in Japan forced Ito to delay several product launches and overhaul r&d strategy.

Meanwhile, Ito expanded worldwide capacity to chase his goal of 6 million sales globally in the fiscal year that ends March 31, 2017 -- even as demand failed to keep pace. Honda sold just 4.4 million vehicles in the fiscal year that ended March 31.

Speaking last week at his first news conference since taking office, Hachigo set two main strategies for fixing the company:

1. Better integrate Honda's six global operating centers.

2. Regain focus on innovative and exciting vehicles.

"I plan to create a new Honda," Hachigo said.

"Rather than focusing on numbers, it is important to come up with products that carry dreams and satisfy our customers," he said. "We will focus on the development of innovative products."

Last month, Honda restated its earnings to notch a 19 percent drop in operating profit for the fiscal year that ended March 31. Honda took the hit after booking larger-than-expected costs to handle expanding recalls of Takata airbags.

Global woes

At Honda, rampant expansion to create six global production and r&d hubs led to overcapacity that is also undermining profits, Hachigo said. "We want to make best use of these sites on a global basis, so the regions can supplement each other," the new CEO said. "That is the next step."

From now on, Honda increasingly will use production sites outside Japan as global export hubs, he said.

For example, Honda will ship the five-door Honda Civic hatchback and high-performance Civic Type R from its assembly plant in England to global markets. It will also ship the CR-V crossover to new markets from its plant in Canada.

Finally, instead of sourcing the European-spec Jazz compact locally, it will ship that car from Japan.

Honda, the first Japanese carmaker to build vehicles in the U.S., now makes 81 percent of its vehicles outside Japan. In the first five months of this year, Honda's exports from Japan plunged 27 percent to just 9,620 vehicles. North America alone accounts for 40 percent of its global sales.

Hachigo was vague on details for much of his product plan.

But he said the company will spend more time on r&d to develop better products more attuned to market trends. The guiding principle, he said, will be products that deploy innovative technology that has yet to be marketed.

Hachigo cited the S660 mini sports roadster, sold only in Japan, and Honda's commuter jet business as examples of the new spirit he wants to see in Honda's products.

Also on tap: A redesigned Civic small car, expected in Japan this fall and the U.S. next spring, that will get a new platform and downsized, turbocharged engine. Those technologies will be deployed to other nameplates, Hachigo said.

"My first priority should be coming up with Honda-original products," he said. "That will be the most important pillar."

Acura MIA

In one important way, Hachigo does not seem to be following Toyota's playbook, noted Chris Richter, an auto analyst at CLSA Asia-Pacific Markets in Tokyo.

Toyota effectively stepped up its positioning of its high-margin Lexus luxury brand as a global profit engine. In contrast, Hachigo uttered the word "Acura" only as a brief aside in his hourlong press conference, entirely glossing over any plans for his company's struggling America-centric luxury brand.

Hachigo, despite touting "Honda-unique" technologies, even failed to use the opportunity to trumpet the unique three-motor hybrid system it will deploy in the upcoming Acura NSX halo car.

"It was just mentioned vanishingly," Richter said of the Acura business. "It isn't a priority, and it needs to be."

Overall, though, Hachigo's approach emulates that of Toyota's Toyoda, who took over his family's namesake automaker just as it was booking its first operating loss in seven decades. Toyota was soon hit by its own recall crisis.

The problems prompted Toyota to halt new factory construction, maximize the use of existing capacity, redouble its focus on quality and adopt "fun to drive" as its guiding maxim.

Toyoda's remedy worked. Toyota now expects its third-straight year of record profits in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2016.

Last edited by CadiGTi; 07-28-2015 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob
^^^^
Eh, it's worse on the TOV. There are the usual suspects over there calling for Acura to go away completely, and lots of people over there are (without any justification, mind you) claiming that the sky is falling. It's not.
LOL, it is bad at TOV for sure. I just like you guys here at RLXville
Old 07-28-2015, 09:50 PM
Drifting

Received 563 Likes on 363 Posts
I always look at TOV, but have largely viewed it as a train wreck lately - the "Temple of Hate."
TampaRLX-SH (07-29-2015)
Old 07-29-2015, 09:06 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin
LOL, it is bad at TOV for sure. I just like you guys here at RLXville
Group Meet and Field Trip to Honolulu! Colin is hosting.

I'll be there in December again. "Mele Kalikimaka!"
Old 07-30-2015, 06:10 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

I am still working out some of the features and settings.

Today I had a weird sound I initially thought it was from the electric drives. It was a periodic distant 'fog whistle' sound. Weird. I drove a few miles with the stereo volume down to 1 or 2 so I can listen for it. I did several times.

For some reason I reached into the console to check my phone when the sound happened again. But it did so as my phone vibrated. Turns out I shut off the alert sound for my twitter feed as the alert chime was broadcasting through the car. I did not realize I had not disabled the vibrate alert as well. So the car actually transmits a vibrate alert as a sound in the car! Maybe not so with all phones, but it does with the android / Galaxy series. In fact when the car is set to alert emails and text messages, ANY alert the phone gets transmits to the sound system (i.e. weather alerts, Calendar alerts, app update alerts, phone system alerts, etc.)

One other mystery someone here may be able to solve. My NAVI voice prompts are set to a volume that I can hear when I have the stereo playing. However when I get a call on the HFL, it always is very soft and I have to crank up the volume to hear the caller (using the volume wheel on the steering wheel). I cannot find a setting where you can set the initial HFL volume. Is there such thing?
Old 07-30-2015, 06:30 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
Mine remembers the HFL volume from previous call
Old 07-30-2015, 06:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 747 Likes on 410 Posts
Originally Posted by getakey
Mine remembers the HFL volume from previous call
Correct, mine does the same thing.....

Also using an iPhone, if set to vibrate nothing comes out of the car speakers.....only if the sound is set to on. I wonder if this is an android feature, or is it because you have the updated infotainment system....

Last edited by pgeorg; 07-30-2015 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:21 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

^^^

Thank you. You are both correct. The HFL remembered the volume setting form the last call. I guess I was focused on my 1st call I received when the volume was very low.

And I do believe it is an android 'feature' on the alerts. The short time I had my Windows Phone paired to the car it would even read the name of the contact for the text or email received, but it had no capability beyond that.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 747 Likes on 410 Posts
^^^

Thank you. You are both correct. The HFL remembered the volume setting form the last call. I guess I was focused on my 1st call I received when the volume was very low.

And I do believe it is an android 'feature' on the alerts. The short time I had my Windows Phone paired to the car it would even read the name of the contact for the text or email received, but it had no capability beyond that.

Cool! I can tell you the iPhone will not announce the name of the contact (at least for me), which is a little annoying trying to guess who the sender is......
I will pair my android to confirm the alert 'feature', and post back.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:40 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Originally Posted by pgeorg
I will pair my android to confirm the alert 'feature', and post back.
I believe you also need to go into settings and select a feature for alerts. I think the issue is, with the android, it cannot differentiate text and email alerts only.
pgeorg (07-30-2015)
Old 07-30-2015, 09:31 PM
Safety Car

I believe you also need to go into settings and select a feature for alerts. I think the issue is, with the android, it cannot differentiate text and email alerts only.
You can have different alert for Text versus Email on the phone
Or are you referring to the Car?

My car only alerts when Text arrives
Old 07-30-2015, 09:56 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

You can have different alert for Text versus Email on the phone
Or are you referring to the Car?

My car only alerts when Text arrives
The Car.

I have different 'chimes' for text and email on the phone, which the car plays uniquely (as well as the distant 'fog whistle' when the phone vibrates), but the car also plays alerts for any alert the phone makes. I think it is the android OS with the RLX Bluetooth.

As we know not ever feature is capable or behaves the same depending on your phone / carrier / OS. The Galaxy Note 4 w/ ATT plays text and email alerts. But you can only respond to texts, with the canned responses. And that you can only do when the car is stopped. At first I thought it did not work and the alert screen kept flashing, but when the car stopped, it accepted my selection.

I find these 'behaviors' ( or should I say features?) amusing as I discover them.

Last edited by TampaRLX-SH; 07-30-2015 at 09:58 PM.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:35 PM
Safety Car

hmm, I thought I replied when car was moving
Old 07-31-2015, 07:18 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Exclamation Congrats on the Hybrid

I wish Acura had not screwed up the launch so bad or I probably would have 1 too. Oh well, even if the MMC is spectacular I doubt I would take the financial hit to trade in. Sadly, unless I decide that I want a CUV next, this is probably my last Acura.

As for phones, as someone who has used Symbian, Meego, Palm, BlackBerry, Android & iOS ... I will say that Windows was probably my favorite. I had a lower end Nokia 521 & that thing was quite snappy for only 512MB of RAM. I would not have switched to Android if only Windows had the apps I needed. It is a shame that it looks like Windows days are numbered.

Speaking of apps, I have downloaded all 3 of the Acura apps & have yet to use any ... I did like how my RLX would read me text from my Samsung phone but it is not able to do it for any of my others.

And yes, thank you everyone here on this forum for being relatively sane, nice & helpful. Sometimes reading TOV or the Auto News section of this site gets quite irritating.

Last edited by TSX69; 07-31-2015 at 07:22 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by TSX69:
JM2010 SH-AWD (08-01-2015), pgeorg (07-31-2015)
Old 07-31-2015, 08:50 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Originally Posted by TSX69
I wish Acura had not screwed up the launch so bad or I probably would have 1 too. Oh well, even if the MMC is spectacular I doubt I would take the financial hit to trade in. Sadly, unless I decide that I want a CUV next, this is probably my last Acura.

As for phones, as someone who has used Symbian, Meego, Palm, BlackBerry, Android & iOS ... I will say that Windows was probably my favorite. I had a lower end Nokia 521 & that thing was quite snappy for only 512MB of RAM. I would not have switched to Android if only Windows had the apps I needed. It is a shame that it looks like Windows days are numbered.

Speaking of apps, I have downloaded all 3 of the Acura apps & have yet to use any ... I did like how my RLX would read me text from my Samsung phone but it is not able to do it for any of my others.

And yes, thank you everyone here on this forum for being relatively sane, nice & helpful. Sometimes reading TOV or the Auto News section of this site gets quite irritating.
I hear you. I was at that point several times. As frustrated as I became with the delays and wait, I have to admit, it worked out for my needs in the long (painful) term. So far it appears that the early issues with the RLX have been resolved and I got additional content I hoped for (especially the 360 camera). If I had to start over as of today, I still would not have chosen the PAWS as a replacement for my RL. The SH on the other hand is all I hoped for and more than I expected.

I too appreciated the Windows Phone. It was reliable, elegant and more business-like. Though the android has far greater apps capability, I find it a bit gimicky and too many overlapping app features making it a bot more confusing to learn. The UI of windows phone allowed much more on handed hold and thumb navigation. The android (not so much of the size of the Note 4) but where on the screen the same feature (i.e trash / delete) jumps around - requiring 2 hands.

But in order to leverage the car interfaces (especially Pandora) the Windows Phone could not support. So I sacrificed getting a new $100 phone to accommodate a much more expensive car. The Galaxy series seemed to offer the most features compatible with the car, but I can already say, some of them are superfluous to me. The car itself is all the entertainment I really need. If I was a mobile office, say a realtor or sales rep...they would be much more valuable.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:23 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Mini Me has Arrived....

My die cast (1:18) of the RLX has arrived. Although this one is Graphite with Graystone interior as my SH RLX is, it is a PAWS model. It is now on the TV Credenza bookending the TV with the RL die cast. Both from Paudi of China. They also send a 'gift' of an NSX keychain.
Attached Thumbnails Turning the Page:  RL > SH RLX-20150804_085103-1024x576-.jpg   Turning the Page:  RL > SH RLX-20150804_085130-1024x576-.jpg   Turning the Page:  RL > SH RLX-20150804_085201-576x1024-.jpg   Turning the Page:  RL > SH RLX-20150804_085223_001-1024x576-.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by TampaRLX-SH:
pgeorg (08-04-2015), TSX69 (08-04-2015)
Old 08-04-2015, 08:55 AM
Pro

Received 394 Likes on 231 Posts
Where did you get that? I want one!
Old 08-04-2015, 08:59 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Originally Posted by fsmith
Where did you get that? I want one!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261920243631?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
:-)
Old 08-04-2015, 10:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 996 Likes on 530 Posts
I'm going to wait until the tiny model of the Sport Hybrid comes out and even then I'll probably wait another year until the price drops (sarcasm intended).
George Knighton (08-04-2015)
Old 08-04-2015, 12:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by hondamore
I'm going to wait until the tiny model of the Sport Hybrid comes out and even then I'll probably wait another year until the price drops (sarcasm intended).
Old 08-04-2015, 05:31 PM
Pro

I guess for $160 I'll wait for the SH-AWD model as well! I'm not familiar with these. Does the price drop over time? They look very well done.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 996 Likes on 530 Posts
^^Sorry, it was just a joke based on the late release of the RLX Sport Hybrid and subsequent price drop a year after release. I have absolutely ZERO knowledge of the pricing history of the scale models.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:52 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

I doubt there will be an RLX SH model. These are made for the Chinese market which has only the PAWS RLX (to my current knowledge). Even my RL die cast was a Chinese model (see the rear fog lamps in the chrome trunklid trim). Plus I would think only 300 or so RLX SH exist at this point. Likely no market for Paudi to produce for such a small market.

They MAY make a JDM LEGEND, but then you have right hand drive.

Concerning price, I think I paid around $75 for the RL 9 years ago. Consider the Chinese exchange and market tanking, you got to just get them while you can.

Choose a compromise.
fsmith (08-05-2015)
Old 08-04-2015, 08:42 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

I just finished washing and detailing the car for the FIRST time in the 3 weeks I have had it. It has rained EVERY day since I took it home (including my 1st drive home).

Aside from being my form of 'therapy' it was my first real 'bonding' with the car. Getting familiar with the contours and curves, I have to say I really do like the style of the car. I know I am a minority, but I loved the understated style of the RL. The RLX is a larger car, indeed. I can barely get the center of the roof without a step stool. The nose is taller and much more substantial than the sloping nose of the RL. It is wider, taller and I must say I am impressed on how well put together it is. The seams are tight and true. The doors are better aligned than was the RL.

But there are a few things I miss from the RL:

1) The paint finish of the RLX is very good, but the RL's hand wet sanded factory finish was a notch above. It looked like liquid glass.

2) I miss the more extensive engine bay covers on the RL

3) I liked the flush side glass of the RL, though the RLX is nearly flush.

4) The front doors of the RL were VERY heavy and solid.

5) I liked the RL's oval exhaust tips, but the RLX rear reflectors give the visual cues of exhaust tips. I did note the exhaust 'growl' of the RLX was more obvious, maybe just due to the sound bouncing off the pavement below with the downward aimed hidden exhaust tips?

6) I liked the RLs retractable rear headrests. But the RLX rear shade is better made and the 360 camera makes the rear window view moot.

7) I liked the concave contour of the upper door panels of the RL. It was perfect for my elbow to rest (and saved wear on the door armrests, which bubbled from wear). The RLX center armrest is much wider and comfortable.

8) I miss the RLs wood steering wheel and wood shift knob (though accessories) but I have had no adjustment to the pushbutton shifter. It just felt natural.

9) The RL front seats felt more substantial, but the RLX is equally comfortable. The RLs headrests were slightly more comfortable. But the RLXs ventilated seats are a gift from God!

10) The RL felt smaller, but heavier in how it handled. The RLX feels as nice as the Audi A8 in ride but yet nimble, light in turns and rotates at any speed. You do not have to wait for the RL's weight transfer in a turn before throttling in the SHAWD to light up. The RLX just does it no matter what throttle input you have. I also liked the RLs steering feel yet the RLX electric steering is very precise and easy to maneuver.

I should have snapped a few more pics, but it was already too dark.

Last edited by TampaRLX-SH; 08-04-2015 at 08:45 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by TampaRLX-SH:
fsmith (08-05-2015), hondamore (08-04-2015), Malibu Flyer (08-04-2015), pgeorg (08-05-2015), sooththetruth (08-06-2015)
Old 08-04-2015, 08:44 PM
Safety Car

I just finished washing and detailing the car for the FIRST time in the 3 weeks I have had it. It has rained EVERY day since I took it home (including my 1st drive home).

I promise I did not see this before posting the rain thread!!
Old 08-04-2015, 11:50 PM
Pro

Received 562 Likes on 255 Posts
I would appreciate it if you guys would stop complaining about the rain. Because of the drought local water districts are having contests for who has the dirtiest car (save water by not washing your car). I would like to try my Sport Hybrid in the rain but it hasn't rain much here in the last four years. You probably got more rain in a week than we got all last year (7 inches last year -- total rain fall for the last four years was only 29 inches).
fsmith (08-05-2015)
Old 08-04-2015, 11:59 PM
Safety Car

I hear you
I'm in SF area and have to wash car with recycled dish water
Old 08-05-2015, 07:44 AM
Pro

^^Sorry, it was just a joke based on the late release of the RLX Sport Hybrid and subsequent price drop a year after release. I have absolutely ZERO knowledge of the pricing history of the scale models.
Ha. Missed it entirely. Now that I reread your post, the joke seems obvious. Dumb me.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:24 PM
Pro

2014 vs. 2016

Had a chance to sit in a 2016 SH-AWD today to compare the center stack systems with my 2014. All looks the same, with the exception of the 360 degree camera. But the user interface is definitely faster, with shorter pauses between functions than on my 2014. It looks like they sprang for a faster processor, though the difference is not huge. Okay, I'm a teeny bit jealous.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:04 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

^^^ I believe the other functional addition is the song title and artist now display on the lower screen for HD, CD, HDFM, Pandora, Aha and XM. Not sure about iPhone or ipod or other USB connections as I have not used.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:12 PM
Pro

^^^ I believe the other functional addition is the song title and artist now display on the lower screen for HD, CD, HDFM, Pandora, Aha and XM. Not sure about iPhone or ipod or other USB connections as I have not used.
The song and title appear for the iPod source on my 2014 Sport Hybrid so I am sure you have that functionally also. I have been taking advantage of the 90 free days of Apple Music. Not sure i will pay for it when my free trial is over but it does sound pretty good through the Krell system.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:51 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Malibu Flyer
The song and title appear for the iPod source on my 2014 Sport Hybrid so I am sure you have that functionally also. I have been taking advantage of the 90 free days of Apple Music. Not sure i will pay for it when my free trial is over but it does sound pretty good through the Krell system.

what is the bit rate for Apple music?
Old 08-05-2015, 09:49 PM
Pro

what is the bit rate for Apple music?
I'm not much of an audiophile but someone posted here that it was "pretty good". I think the bit rate was 325 or 350. It sounds good to be, especially when I put my hearing aids in.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:21 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

I just completed my 1st tank of fuel.

I filled up when the ODO hit 400 miles. (I hate running a tank low, but wanted to get a manual computation with a round #). The fill up took 14.7 gallons. That comes to 27.3 mpg. The MID was 26.6. Although I neglected to record the avg mph before I cleared the trip computers, I am astonished with those results. I had significant idle time and several yahoo drives in SPORT mode with this 1st tank.

I did 6, 27 mile cruises @ 60mph where the instant mpg readings were in the mid 30s. My typical around town errands have been 25-26 average. I had one local market run for a few miles when the battery was Full charge and local speed was 30mph where the trip hit 40mpg. My first couple drives were 23-24mpg.

This is a great start, and if it does not creep higher, I am more than satisfied with this kind of power / efficiency ratio.

I do notice however, it is difficult to keep the car in EV mode, even with full battery charge, without creeping along. Also, the full battery will drop down to 1/4 charge fairly quickly with AC, Stereo, Seat Ventilation on, etc. And once you hit 1/4 charge, the ICE stays on most of the time.

Last edited by TampaRLX-SH; 08-06-2015 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:13 PM
Pro

I just completed my 1st tank of fuel.

This is a great start, and if it does not creep higher, I am more than satisfied with this kind of power / efficiency ratio. .
Thanks for your report. I totally agree with the comment quoted above.

During the first 30 days I also played around a lot with Sport mode and my gas mileage suffered some. You know those jack rabbit starts from a traffic light just to see the shocked face on someone driving a 5 series BMW or a Audi A 5 do take their toll on mpg. I found since then I rarely use Sport mode unless it is to show off the car's power to a friend who has heard about my car but never experienced its power. The cars acceleration is just fine without putting it into Sport mode -- a second or so slower 0- 60 usually doesn't make any difference to me, besides way too many cops around in Los Angeles.

With the car approaching 10,000 miles, my overall mileage is 28.6 mpg. I have Trip A set to zero out at every fill of the tank, while Trip B is set to only reset manually so I can keep a running total since I have had the car. I may reset set Trip B when I cross the 10,000 mile mark to see what I get with my second 10,000 miles.

Quick Reply: Turning the Page: RL > SH RLX