Issues with the RLX

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 09:55 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Issues with the RLX

Hi so my parents picked up their RLX and they have been mostly happy with it but their are three things they noticed with the car:

1. First When you are going at 45 miles speed when you take your leg of the gas pedal its slows down to 15-20 miles per hour.
2. Second When you are making left turn in a intersection, the car is not picking up speed.
3. Third when you are changing the lanes on the high away the car is jiggling. For example if you are on the highway and you want to go to the right lane as the want to go onto another highway but the car wants to go straight.
Are these Issues Normal ? They are going to call their service advisor tomorrow morning and take the car to the dealer tomorrow morning.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Originally Posted by comptr
Hi so my parents picked up their RLX and they have been mostly happy with it but their are three things they noticed with the car:

1. First When you are going at 45 miles speed when you take your leg of the gas pedal its slows down to 15-20 miles per hour.
2. Second When you are making left turn in a intersection, the car is not picking up speed.
3. Third when you are changing the lanes on the high away the car is jiggling. For example if you are on the highway and you want to go to the right lane as the want to go onto another highway but the car wants to go straight.
Are these Issues Normal ? They are going to call their service advisor tomorrow morning and take the car to the dealer tomorrow morning.
Issue number 2 and 3 sound like something wrong with the lane departure system.
Old 11-29-2016, 11:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
#1 sounds normal.
#2 not sure.
#3 sounds like they've turned LKAS on as it does exhibit this behavior. Normal at first glance. The system is easily ovrcome by just turning the wheel.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:23 AM
Pro

Received 562 Likes on 255 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob
#3 sounds like they've turned LKAS on as it does exhibit this behavior. Normal at first glance. The system is easily ovrcome by just turning the wheel.
#3......You can also override the LKAS by simply using your turn signal when you want to change lanes. This tells the LKAS that you are moving out of your lane on purpose and not drifting out of your lane due to a lack of attention.
The following 2 users liked this post by Malibu Flyer:
hondamore (11-30-2016), victorber (12-04-2016)
Old 11-30-2016, 08:45 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 747 Likes on 410 Posts
#3......It could also be the P-AWS.....If you are not used to it, it feel like the car is "wiggling"..... How fast and how steady you turn the steering wheel plays a big roll in this.....
Old 11-30-2016, 11:12 AM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Malibu Flyer
#3......You can also override the LKAS by simply using your turn signal when you want to change lanes. This tells the LKAS that you are moving out of your lane on purpose and not drifting out of your lane due to a lack of attention.
I asked my dad who drives the car says he used his turn signal and it still did it, so I don't know whats going on.
Old 11-30-2016, 11:14 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
I asked my dad who drives the car says he used his turn signal and it still did it, so I don't know whats going on.
ever play telephone?
seems like something is getting miscommunicated somewhere
Old 12-07-2016, 07:57 AM
Pro

Received 87 Likes on 67 Posts
I had almost the same feelings with PAWs system when I started to drive RLX.

Was this feedback from parents? I would just take a car for couple days and drive myself to see if it is what they say
Old 12-07-2016, 10:27 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
I suspect this is WAD. ([W]orks [A]s [D]esigned)

My first reaction is to ask you to help them go through the car's settings so that the throttle pedal is not set to the delay that is the default setting. By default the pedal pushes back against you, asking "Are you sure?" as an attempt to increase fuel economy by resisting unnecessary pedal movement.

I think there's two different issues, here.

If LKAS is turned on, it will not give up the wheel unless the turn signal is on. That's my first reaction to that...make sure they know they have to use the turn signal, or LKAS will stay on.

The jiggling, I think that is a different thing, and you will want to be sure that the dealer checks this out, eyeing suspension components. And you want to be sure that the P-AWS recall was performed. Remember that part of this problem could produce an uncertain steering angle that might be perceived as a kind of shakiness.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 747 Likes on 410 Posts
Originally Posted by George Knighton
My first reaction is to ask you to help them go through the car's settings so that the throttle pedal is not set to the delay that is the default setting. By default the pedal pushes back against you, asking "Are you sure?" as an attempt to increase fuel economy by resisting unnecessary pedal movement.
I don't remember my P-AWS having this setting.....

I think it is only on the SH-AWD that uses the reactive force pedal.....
Old 12-07-2016, 04:31 PM
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 12 Posts
Correct, the PAWS doesn't have the reactive pedal... or after 19000 miles I just have an old man's numb foot.
The following users liked this post:
pgeorg (12-07-2016)