Got Pulled Over Yesterday

Old 03-14-2017, 06:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,164 Likes on 536 Posts
Got Pulled Over Yesterday

I left a toll booth too fast and got pulled over by a state trooper. Actually I did not get a ticket for a speed violation as I only got back up to 60-65 mph, but what the trooper said was that he was not expecting the car to accelerate as fast as it did so it caught his eye. Another trooper pulled over a Tesla behind me for the same thing. So I did get a warning and he let me go. Lots of fun! Be careful in the NE if you are getting snow today.
The following 7 users liked this post by RLX-Sport Hybrid:
fsmith (03-14-2017), hondamore (03-14-2017), mqs1 (03-14-2017), pcloadletter (04-01-2017), pgeorg (03-14-2017), wilspainar (03-15-2017), wstr75 (03-14-2017) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-14-2017, 07:46 AM
Pro

Received 394 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by RLX-Sport Hybrid
I left a toll booth too fast and got pulled over by a state trooper. Actually I did not get a ticket for a speed violation as I only got back up to 60-65 mph, but what the trooper said was that he was not expecting the car to accelerate as fast as it did so it caught his eye. Another trooper pulled over a Tesla behind me for the same thing. So I did get a warning and he let me go. Lots of fun! Be careful in the NE if you are getting snow today.
I can just see the satisfied smile on your face as you pulled away with no ticket.
The following users liked this post:
RLX-Sport Hybrid (03-14-2017)
Old 03-14-2017, 12:57 PM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts
I just have to ask which toll booth? Jersey?
I have never seen NYPD stop anyone unless you didn't pay the toll ;-)
Old 03-14-2017, 03:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by stagefoursurvivor
I just have to ask which toll booth? Jersey?
I have never seen NYPD stop anyone unless you didn't pay the toll ;-)
Interstate 87 below Elmsford NY heading south. I nailed it to get ahead of everyone, just because I could, and it was fun to do. The NY State Trooper (not NYPD) was hiding on the side of the road behind a salt truck. He was well hidden along with his buddy that was right behind him. The second one pulled over the Tesla in which I imagine the driver did the same thing. I looked on my dash cam today to see what I missed, and I could not see him with that either. He was a nice guy. I think if I had continued to keep my foot in it to 80mph as I have done from time to time (conditions permitting of course), then I would have received the ticket. Technically I did not break any laws and I was not weaving out of my lane. I just hit the "afterburner" and enjoyed that marvelous torque we all enjoy, then the fun police raised their hand.

Last edited by RLX-Sport Hybrid; 03-14-2017 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by fsmith
I can just see the satisfied smile on your face as you pulled away with no ticket.
You can bet I was smiling ear to ear baby! 2+ years and still get a kick out of driving this car.
The following 2 users liked this post by RLX-Sport Hybrid:
fsmith (03-15-2017), wilspainar (03-15-2017)
Old 03-14-2017, 04:17 PM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts
Interstate 87 below Elmsford NY heading south. I nailed it to get ahead of everyone, just because I could, and it was fun to do. The NY State Trooper (not NYPD) was hiding on the side of the road behind a salt truck. He was well hidden along with his buddy that was right behind him. The second one pulled over the Tesla in which I imagine the driver did the same thing. I looked on my dash cam today to see what I missed, and I could not see him with that either. He was a nice guy. I think if I had continued to keep my foot in it to 80mph as I have done from time to time (conditions permitting of course), then I would have received the ticket. Technically I did not break any laws and I was not weaving out of my lane. I just hit the "afterburner" and enjoyed that marvelous torque we all enjoy, then the fun police raised their hand.
Yeah, the troopers upstate can be pretty tolerant. NYPD, NCPD & SCPD, not so much.

Search this Thread