Considering a 14-16 SH-AWD model... any differences?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 02:47 PM
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts
Considering a 14-16 SH-AWD model... any differences?

I'm looking at RLXs to replace my aging TL. I am being swayed towards the SH-AWD model and was wondering if there are any differences between 14-16 models?

My wife has a 14 MDX and I vowed never to get the first year of the new generation model.

Anyone care to put their ?
Old 09-26-2015, 05:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,164 Likes on 536 Posts
On behalf of us betas, run don't walk to get either a 14 or 16 SH. The 16 SH has revised dampers which I could care less about. It also has Acura Watch. Other than that, you could basically steal a 14 for the 50's and who knows for a 16, but they will drive the same. They are awesome cars and as we have said over and over, don't test drive one unless you are ready to buy one. After driving one, you will not sleep until you do make the purchase, and then after you won't sleep because the car is so fun to drive. Fair warning.
The following 2 users liked this post by RLX-Sport Hybrid:
IIDXholic (10-21-2015), LoneStar 16 RLX SprtHybrd (11-05-2015)
Old 09-26-2015, 06:21 PM
Pro

Received 562 Likes on 255 Posts
Originally Posted by Recipe7
I'm looking at RLXs to replace my aging TL. I am being swayed towards the SH-AWD model and was wondering if there are any differences between 14-16 models?

My wife has a 14 MDX and I vowed never to get the first year of the new generation model.

Anyone care to put their ?
It will likely come down to economics. There should be a substantial savings on the 2014 but, depending on how long you typically keep the car it could cost you money when you liquidate the car because it is a two year older model [even though they never released a 2015 in the US].

The second difference is finding a color combo you like. Since there are few 2014s around, you will have to take the color you find and won't likely get much choice. the 2016s are also scarce but there are more around so you may have some chance of finding something you can live with.

Mechanically and feature wise the 2014 and 2016 models are pretty similar as RLX-Sport Hybrid noted. It is expected, but not confirmed that the 2017 models will have more noticeable and significant changes. No one of course knows when or how many 2017 will come to market.

First step for you is to take a test drive and once you are sold on the car see what is available and what you can negotiate on price and colors.

Good luck. Let us know how your fair in your search for a new Acura.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:32 PM
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts
The 16 has remote start, heated steering wheel and four cameras. The new dampers for the SH are news to me as I though only the AWS were too stiff in 14.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:37 PM
Cruisin'

Received 22 Likes on 5 Posts
The '16 advance adds the remote start and cameras as mentioned above. They are small additions but I am glad I waited for them as I use them all the time.

There were also some small changes to the audio information that is displayed in the lower screen. This is another small but useful feature. It will now display channel, artist and song for the selected xm channel on the lower screen. On the '14 you have to select audio on the top screen to see this. The nav system also seems to be more responsive. The cross traffic monitor is a new part of the acura watch that was not in the '14.

Both are amazing to drive. Personally I do like the small additions, just depends on if it is worth the cost difference and if you can find the color that you want.
The following 4 users liked this post by pac1999:
hondamore (09-27-2015), pgeorg (09-27-2015), sooththetruth (09-27-2015), TampaRLX-SH (09-27-2015)
Old 09-27-2015, 08:55 PM
Racer

Received 189 Likes on 94 Posts
Here's a 2014 SH-AWD Advance with minimal miles for a great price:
Used 2014 Acura RLX Hybrid Advance Pkg
Old 09-28-2015, 05:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I believe the revised dampers were on the PAWS model only as that is the one that garnered more complaints. All the Sport Hybrid owners here are satisfied. Do not hesitate to buy either a 2014 or 2016. If you get a 2014, the Advance will be close to a 2016 Tech with the exception that the 2014 will have the Krell system and a couple other items. The 2016 Tech is a value buy--it's almost what the 2014 Aevance was. If you want the surround camera and Krell, the 2016 Advance is your car.

You can get a steal of a deal on any 2014.
Old 09-29-2015, 01:57 PM
Drifting

Received 563 Likes on 363 Posts
Originally Posted by wstr75
Here's a 2014 SH-AWD Advance with minimal miles for a great price:
Used 2014 Acura RLX Hybrid Advance Pkg

Wow, what a steal.
Old 10-31-2015, 05:59 PM
Cruisin'

Received 22 Likes on 5 Posts
I just noticed one more difference on the 2016. When the nav is talking you can adjust the volume of the nav with the stearing wheel volume control. on my 2014 MDX the volume adjusts the radio volume even if the nav is talking.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:57 PM
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 18 Posts
I thought the heads up display was unique to the 16 model but since no one has mentioned it I'm curious now if the 14 model has the heads up display.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 747 Likes on 410 Posts
Originally Posted by LoneStar 16 RLX SprtHybrd
I thought the heads up display was unique to the 16 model but since no one has mentioned it I'm curious now if the 14 model has the heads up display.
HUD was first introduced with the 2014 RLX SH-AWD......
The following users liked this post:
Old 11-06-2015, 08:15 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
It has been a while since you posted.

Did you buy something?

:-)
Old 11-21-2015, 08:35 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by George Knighton
It has been a while since you posted.

Did you buy something?

Sorry for the late reply everyone!

Thanks for everyone's input.

A couple things have happened since I posted.

1. I can't, for the life of me, find an sh-awd model. I've searched within a 500 mile radius and I can't find what I'm looking for (black on black with low miles).
2. I've been looking for affordable 14-15s with p-aws
3. I went to a dealer a few days ago to test drive a 14 black on black with 18k miles. I was able to get them down to 35k out the door, but I left. I'll be going back before next weekend and see if I can squeeze it down a bit more.

My commute is 48 miles one way to work, and I am simply not enjoying my commute anymore. The RLX feels great, and is a good swap for my wife if she has to drive it for any reason since she is coming from a 14 MDX.

I am dissapointed that I won't be getting the hybrid. I was hyped from all the replies on this thread. I have never driven the sh-awd, and don't want to anytime soon as to not spoil my outlook on the p-aws that I have my eyes on.

Considering that I am looking solely at the p-aws, are there any issues I should take a look at before I sign my money away? There were revised dampers on the 15 and 16 models? I'll do a bit of research into that.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:52 PM
Intermediate

I checked the carfax of the vehicle and it looks clean. No recalls reported (is that accurate enough or should I check with an acura dealer?), no problem with a "draining battery" that others have mentioned.

Also, it was the manager's car of this Honda dealership, looks like he moved on to, supposedly, a new Pilot.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Sorry you can't find a Sport Hybrid. Cars.com reports 51 2016 Sport Hybrids for sale nationwide. There's a black on black Advance at an Acura dealership here in Cleveland, as a matter of fact.

In any case, for the 2014 you are looking at, make sure you have driven the car you intend to purchase on a bumpy road. If you are not satisfied with the suspension performance, pass on the car or insist on the suspension TSBs listed in the TSB thread. If the performance is OK, you're good to go.

Good luck!
bronx1480 (11-26-2015)
Old 11-22-2015, 11:20 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by neuronbob
Sorry you can't find a Sport Hybrid. Cars.com reports 51 2016 Sport Hybrids for sale nationwide. There's a black on black Advance at an Acura dealership here in Cleveland, as a matter of fact.

In any case, for the 2014 you are looking at, make sure you have driven the car you intend to purchase on a bumpy road. If you are not satisfied with the suspension performance, pass on the car or insist on the suspension TSBs listed in the TSB thread. If the performance is OK, you're good to go.

Good luck!
I will definitely do that. The road I drove on as fairly bumpy and I didn't notice anything.. but I wasn't looking for anything. I'll keep it in mind during round 2.

Thanks NB!
Old 11-22-2015, 03:04 PM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was in your boat kind of. I had the 12 acura TL advance few years ago, Traded it in for 10 Lexus LS 460 which I'm driving now but wife really liked the TL except for a few things. We stopped by an acura dealer and he had a 14 RLX. She immediately liked it. Said it was all the things she wish her TL would have been. So I went on a quest to find her the color combo that she wanted. I picked up a 14 RLX advance PAWS with 8000 miles on it. This thing is about as close to brand new as you can get. I drove it the 600 miles home and its one heck of a car.
I like the LS ride but I enjoy driving the RLX as its more sporty.. I'm still impressed by the cruise control and the lane driving assist. I'm sure the hybrid would be even better. I like this car a lot. That being said I would't give 60k for it but for almost half that I paid. It a heck of a car for the money. Every body said it these cars look so much better in person than pics. I also know that in all the reviews I read almost every comment was its plain out side styling. I would really disagree with that. I think its very classy looking but yet sporty enough. Just my 2 cents but you won't be disappointed
sooththetruth (11-22-2015)
Old 11-23-2015, 10:31 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tdowell65
I was in your boat kind of. I had the 12 acura TL advance few years ago, Traded it in for 10 Lexus LS 460 which I'm driving now but wife really liked the TL except for a few things. We stopped by an acura dealer and he had a 14 RLX. She immediately liked it. Said it was all the things she wish her TL would have been. So I went on a quest to find her the color combo that she wanted. I picked up a 14 RLX advance PAWS with 8000 miles on it. This thing is about as close to brand new as you can get. I drove it the 600 miles home and its one heck of a car.
I like the LS ride but I enjoy driving the RLX as its more sporty.. I'm still impressed by the cruise control and the lane driving assist. I'm sure the hybrid would be even better. I like this car a lot. That being said I would't give 60k for it but for almost half that I paid. It a heck of a car for the money. Every body said it these cars look so much better in person than pics. I also know that in all the reviews I read almost every comment was its plain out side styling. I would really disagree with that. I think its very classy looking but yet sporty enough. Just my 2 cents but you won't be disappointed
I'm glad you posted, I was hoping to have someone with a 14 p-aws chime in and say how they feel about the car.

I have a 2004 TL and I love it. If your wife went from a 12 TL to the RLX and loved it, I may be in for a treat
Old 11-24-2015, 09:51 AM
Grandpa

If your wife went from a 12 TL to the RLX and loved it, I may be in for a treat
The content and quality of materials will be a huge, immediately perceivable improvement.

The RLX P-AWS when driven all out is a car that rewards smoothness and competence...that might be something to think about.

In a high performance situation, there is a very minor but still barely perceivable moment when the car decides the set of the steering angle on the rear.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 937 Likes on 487 Posts
If I could do it over again, I'd stay away from the 14' models all together. There have been over 35+ TSBs of issues all related to poor quality control. Some of which you'll have to fix yourself if your car exhibits them (e.g. A/C Moaning Issues). My 14' Advanced has exhibited 95% of all the TSB's listed, some of which I just don't have the patience and time to have the car in the service center yet again for. (e.g. Engine Chirping). However, my 14' was a pretty early build (#3047 built in March 2013), and apparently from reports by others here, later 14' builds were not as "buggy" as mine. So I suggest you check your VIN number and build date. If it's an early build, I'd be cautious.

15' and 16' models apparently are much better in quality, with the 16' appearing to be the best bet all together since it has the improved suspension design and the vastly faster performing NAV system. Problem there is you're not going to get a 16' model for $35k...:|

All in all, it's been a love-hate relationship with the car. The things it does right, are awesome. But there were too many things done wrong (or not done at all) that have marred my experience so far with the RLX.

Ultimately like Bob said, spend time driving the car and check it for all the things that are "important" to you. If you're happy, then who's to tell you not to buy it, at $35k (or lower) it's a tremendous deal, not soo much at the $63k that I paid new. Take the extra time to research the issues listed here on the TSB thread and make sure that if any of those are issues for you, that you have them addressed.

Good luck.

Last edited by holografique; 11-25-2015 at 08:46 AM.
bronx1480 (11-26-2015)
Old 11-25-2015, 10:04 AM
Grandpa

Definitely jealous of the 2016 quicker NAV and surround view cameras.

Old 11-25-2015, 10:22 AM
Intermediate

The content and quality of materials will be a huge, immediately perceivable improvement.

The RLX P-AWS when driven all out is a car that rewards smoothness and competence...that might be something to think about.

In a high performance situation, there is a very minor but still barely perceivable moment when the car decides the set of the steering angle on the rear.
Thanks for your input GK, I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by holografique
If I could do it over again, I'd stay away from the 14' models all together. There have been over 35+ TSBs of issues all related to poor quality control. Some of which you'll have to fix yourself if your car exhibits them (e.g. A/C Moaning Issues). My 14' Advanced has exhibited 95% of all the TSB's listed, some of which I just don't have the patience and time to have the car in the service center yet again for. (e.g. Engine Chirping). However, my 14' was a pretty early build (#3047 built in March 2013), and apparently from reports by others here, later 14' builds were not as "buggy" as mine. So I suggest you check your VIN number and build date. If it's an early build, I'd be cautious.

15' and 16' models apparently are much better in quality, with the 16' appearing to be the best bet all together since it has the improved suspension design and the vastly faster performing NAV system. Problem there is you're not going to get a 16' model for $35k...:|

All in all, it's been a love-hate relationship with the car. The things it does right, are awesome. But there were too many things done wrong (or not done at all) that have marred my experience so far with the RLX.

Ultimately like Bob said, spend time driving the car and check it for all the things that are "important" to you. If you're happy, then who's to tell you not to buy it, at $35k (or lower) it's a tremendous deal, not soo much at the $63k that I paid new. Take the extra time to research the issues listed here on the TSB thread and make sure that if any of those are issues for you, that you have them addressed.

Good luck.
Debbie Downer here.... lol. Just kidding.

Yes, I've been reading a lot about the problems of the 14 models. I have a ton of experience with that with my wifes 14 MDX! With a majority of the problems resolved (infotainment still sluggish) the car is still great.

I'm sure I will have a better experience with the RLX, I took the MDX to acura about 10 times over a year and a half.

The RLX I'm looking at has a build of 6079. I am assuming that is pretty late in the build dates for the 14s?
Old 11-25-2015, 12:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

$980/month of my hard earned money warranted a better ownership experience over the past 2+ years. That's all I gotta say about it

I believe the actual build date should be on the VIN sticker that is attached to the driver-side B-pillar, where the tire-pressure info, etc is.

Last edited by holografique; 11-25-2015 at 12:59 PM.
bronx1480 (11-26-2015)
Old 11-25-2015, 04:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Build number 6079 should be reasonably late in the model year. Do check the sticker in the car as holografique says to be 100%.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

My bad. Its on the sticker above the tire pressure sticker. But same area on the B-pillar.

Here's mine (and I was wrong, mine was built in 05/13). First line, upper right corner.

sooththetruth (11-27-2015)
Old 11-25-2015, 06:49 PM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by holografique
Here's mine (and I was wrong, mine was built in 05/13).
I've been curious why you bought the RLX so early in its life.

Did something in particular stand out that made it look like a big leap forward?
Old 11-25-2015, 10:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

I've been curious why you bought the RLX so early in its life.

Did something in particular stand out that made it look like a big leap forward?
Well...thinking back, there were a number of reasons.

1. I had already been eyeing the RL as early as 2011/2012. They always had one in the showroom at the dealer where I got my 06 TL serviced. It started more as a curiosity of what my options were since I had abandoned the idea of the TL after being very dissapointed in the styling of the 4G. So at the time, there really was no other option for me to stay with the brand for a luxury sedan vehicle other than the RL. At that point in time looking at the 4G TL, I had absolutely no idea where or what Acura was trying to go with their products and left me as a confused future buyer.

2. At some point in late 2012 I sat down at the dealer to get more info on the RL and that's when they handed me the original 2014 RLX sales product brochure booklet. If any of you remember that first booklet, I think it was great and showed great promise at the initial onset of the RLX release.

It did a great job of selling the image of exactly what I was looking for and the potential buyer that I was: a high-tech sophisticated luxury vehicle catered towards the 40yr+ successful creative/business person who was looking to reward themselves with a step up after working hard to get to where they were AND were already happy with the brand based on prior products (in this case my 06 TL). As I've posted before a few times...this pic in that brochure sold me:

As much as I have been verbal about the styling needing improvement to have some sex appeal to it, I have always also stated that I like the style of the RLX. Again see shot above. But for the greater of what the car (particularly the Sport Hybrid) can do, it's not a well suited design for what is a sports car underneath the clothing.

3. My Dad had expressed wanting my TL once I was ready to move to something else. It was also now 2013 and the mileage was starting to creep up and wanted to give it to my Dad to enjoy while she still had a good run left in her. (And I'm told she still has fire in her like it was fresh off the lot. I took great care of my 06 TL).

4. I was moving my wife (fiancè at the time) from Tucson to Atlanta in June of 2013 and I needed to put her in a new car with great easy to use Nav/Tech to help her learn her way around Atlanta but still give her something sporty. The ILX was the perfect fit and it delivered in all areas. Faster improved NAV over my 06 TL, fresh new modern sporty exterior design, great handling and nimble and fun to drive. I also figured I could negotiate a better deal if I came in looking to lease two vehicles instead of one (hence the RLX at the sMe time). She still loves the ILX as do I. Personally I think the original pre-MMC is the best design work Acura has done since the 3G TL and the new NSX.

So in summary: June 2013 proved the right timing for me to pull the trigger on a lease for the RLX for all the reasons above. I was ready to lease my wife's ILX, I was already very happy with the brand after a stellar ownership experience with my 06 TL, I was already keenly eyeing the RL/RLX, there was no other option for me in the brand, and I wanted to see a smile on my Dad's face handing over the TL to him.

So I signed the lease on a brand new 14' Advanced in June and waited a month for it to be shipped in straight from Saiyama, hence delivery in July. And for the first few months I was ecstatic, only to have issue after issue slowly deteriorate that entire experience. Nav system horrendously worse than my wife's ILX, even my 06 TL had better performing NAV. Worse suspension ever experienced in any car I've driven, again my wife's ILX and my older TL far surpassing ride handling and comfort way. AC moaning, engine chirping sounds, rattling window shades, poor homelink signal, I don't need to repeat the list.

Day after day it left me asking myself "what the hell did I just sign up for at $980/month when all my prior Acura vehicles that cost half the amount were far better in quality and ownership experience...?" I did and still feel like I was duped. Great marketing at the onset that captured me, only to turn into a facade of what was in the book, ultimately becoming a product that for the most part has been abandoned by the brand.

Debbie downer? Nope, just someone left scratching their head wondering where their money went. Folks getting the car with super-low mileage for $35k and less are absolutely getting a steal. If I had paid that much, we wouldn't even be having this conversation right now.

Last edited by holografique; 11-25-2015 at 10:43 PM.
The following 8 users liked this post by holografique:
2011TL (11-30-2015), bronx1480 (03-16-2016), George Knighton (11-26-2015), IIDXholic (12-16-2015), jim_c (12-07-2015), pgeorg (11-26-2015), Recipe7 (11-26-2015), wstr75 (11-26-2015) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-26-2015, 07:55 AM
Grandpa

Thank you so much for such a detailed response. It answers a lot of questions.

I think you've said this all before, but not exactly in one place.
holografique (11-26-2015)
Old 11-26-2015, 11:43 AM
Intermediate

I feel you holografique.

I've had an extended relationship with Acura myself.

My family had/has the privledge of owning an 87 Legend, 97 RL, 04 TL, and 14 MDX.

My dad taught me how to drive on the 87 Legend. I drove the 97 RL/93 RX-7 in my early years and high school. I drove the 04 TL for college. My wife drives a 14 MDX.

With technology ramping up the past decade, I see errors by Acura on many fronts, including build quality. I adore our 14 MDX, but the headaches I encountered made me wish I didn't shell out MSRP for it like yourself holografique, maybe mid to high 30s, or even wait for a 15 or 16.

I find it funny that I pretty much swore off Acura after my experience with the MDX... but now it seems it's the only car I would put money into.

Several factors push me away from the top tier brands like Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes... mostly the price and maintenance. I'm sure my qualms with Acura will be present in these brands as well, possibly worse.

I'm just hoping the RLX I'm looking to get into is at least half the battle I had with the MDX. Looks like I'm putting myself in the same situation I hoped to avoid before. I guess Acura has me by my junk and I don't even know it.

I'll definitely be looking for that build date tomorrow. I'm going to scrutinize the body and check the suspension on the drive before I attempt to bring the price lower. Wish me luck folks, and thanks for everyone's input!

Last edited by Recipe7; 11-26-2015 at 11:46 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Recipe7:
holografique (11-26-2015), hondamore (11-26-2015), Malibu Flyer (11-26-2015), neuronbob (11-26-2015), pgeorg (11-26-2015)
Old 11-26-2015, 12:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks guys. Hopefully my post shed's some light on how I got to where I am today. At this point, it's looking more and more like the wife will get a 2016 RDX come June and I'll move into the Audi TT come September (the RLX is a 39-month lease). It will make us both happy (lower car payments), satisfy both our family car and sport car needs, and still keep one foot in the brand in hopes that 2018 sheds some great things from Acura.

Recipe7, thanks for sharing your history. Looks like we share some similar experiences. My dad was a Honda guy all the way, I'll never forget his 87 Accord LX...can still remember the smell till this day.

Please keep us posted on your progress and what you end up deciding to do. I hope you see my input is not to sway you either way, but just to give some real-world experience for you to consider, being it is a 14' model you are looking at. Best of luck and we look forward to your update.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Old 11-26-2015, 07:21 PM
Racer

Received 189 Likes on 94 Posts
The Audi TT is a cool car with beautiful aesthetics. You will love zipping in and out of traffic with the TT. My son has a RDX and it has been a great car with surprisingly strong performance.
holografique (12-01-2015)
Old 11-27-2015, 10:19 PM
Intermediate

I just took her home a few hours ago. I took another test drive and took some pretty bad roads. Everything was solid. There are a few small nicks on the car, but it's in much better condition than my similar year MDX.

Was able to get them down to 33.5k from 35k. The 50 mile drive home was amazing, in many ways better than the MDX. Normal mode works great for a majority of my drives, and Sport mode is great when I need it. It gives a greater sense of power as compared to the IDS (comfort, normal, sport) on the MDX.

I'm happy with my purchase, just need t buy the trunk tray, weathertech mats, splash guards, and the spare tire kit. Thanks again everyone!
Old 11-28-2015, 12:45 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 996 Likes on 530 Posts
Welcome to the family Recipe7. You bought a great car and I wish you many, many trouble-free, smile-inducing miles.
sooththetruth (11-28-2015)
Old 11-28-2015, 07:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Welcome to the (small ) family, Recipe7. I called it in post #7: You got a steal of a deal. If it were your car, vs a TLX, the RLX wins every time over the brand new TLX for the money. it looks like you did your due diligence, too, so that's a big plus.

Go post those purchase details in the Owners' sticky thread at the top of the forum.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:09 AM
Pro

Received 87 Likes on 67 Posts
Congrats Receip7 on the purchase! I just got my dad 2015 RLX advance p-aws, he is very happy how quiet ;-)
Old 11-28-2015, 11:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

I just took her home a few hours ago. I took another test drive and took some pretty bad roads. Everything was solid. There are a few small nicks on the car, but it's in much better condition than my similar year MDX.

Was able to get them down to 33.5k from 35k. The 50 mile drive home was amazing, in many ways better than the MDX. Normal mode works great for a majority of my drives, and Sport mode is great when I need it. It gives a greater sense of power as compared to the IDS (comfort, normal, sport) on the MDX.

I'm happy with my purchase, just need t buy the trunk tray, weathertech mats, splash guards, and the spare tire kit. Thanks again everyone!
Congrats....at $33.5k that's an unbelievable steal regardless off the issues. At that price its well beyond worth the value and money.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:49 PM
Intermediate

Thanks for the kind words fellas.

It's been 3 days so far and everything is great. Getting use to the electric steering still, feels a bit awkward in parking lots.

I'm looking forward to participating in the various threads now.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:37 AM
Pro

Received 562 Likes on 255 Posts
Thanks for the kind words fellas.

It's been 3 days so far and everything is great. Getting use to the electric steering still, feels a bit awkward in parking lots.

I'm looking forward to participating in the various threads now.
Welcome aboard. Nice to see another RLX member from So Cal. Be sure to let us know how your RLX experience turns out. There are probably fewer RLXs here than most places. You are truly in an exclusive club.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 747 Likes on 410 Posts
Congrats Recipe7, and i wish you many happy and healthy miles with your RLX!
Old 12-02-2015, 10:39 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Malibu Flyer
Welcome aboard. Nice to see another RLX member from So Cal. Be sure to let us know how your RLX experience turns out. There are probably fewer RLXs here than most places. You are truly in an exclusive club.
I do see a couple where I live in Santa Clarita, probably because of the Valencia Acura dealership here. I do feel pretty exclusive, however

Originally Posted by pgeorg
Congrats Recipe7, and i wish you many happy and healthy miles with your RLX!
Me too!

Quick Reply: Considering a 14-16 SH-AWD model... any differences?