Attention user [ fsmith ]

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 08:47 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Attention user [ fsmith ]

I cannot return your PM because you've done the same thing Zoommer did; namely, you've sent me a PM from a username with a filled Inbox to which I cannot reply!!

But here's what I was trying to send:

My friend, I know a lot about vBulletin and how boards are configured and run, in general terms, but I do not know much at all about how *this* board's admincp file has been set up. I would think that anyone who is level "admin" would be able to change your user name for you. It is possible for admincp to be set up so that certain moderators could edit a user name, but most forum administrators would not set up moderators that way because of the confusion it would cause if moderators got carried away with this.

So...I'd suggest dropping a line to the whole list of "admin" screen names and see if anybody responds. I wish I could be more help with that, but I really cannot.

On the other hand, is saving an old screen name that important? :-)

(1) If you notice in the RLX Forum, we all feel free to start a new thread saying we just bought a Sport Hybrid, and here's our subjective opinion. You'll also notice that the moderators have a "sticky" thread that'll remain close to the top, in which we say we've bought an RLX (both KC1 and KC2), and the particulars of the purchase.

(2) At this particular vBulletin site, to set your signature and other personally configureable items, just click on SETTINGS close to the top on the left, which opens usercp when you are logged in. Along the left, under SETTINGS & OPTIONS, you will see a URL titled Edit Signature.

Everybody's been loving his Sport Hybrid so far, and I hope your experience is the same!
The following users liked this post:
fsmithx (11-23-2014)
Old 11-23-2014, 08:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Hmm. Sounds like someone needs help. Will try to pass it on. Thanks, George!

You can PM me, fsmith. Just clear out your inbox first so mods and admins can reply.