New 95 GS-R owner here. How do I keep her from getting stolen? lol

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 12:42 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 95 GS-R owner here. How do I keep her from getting stolen? lol

Whats up guys? Newb to the Acura scene and I bought my first GS-R yesterday. Pretty rare find if you ask me. An unmolested, 1 owner, dealer maintained with black leather running with only 168k miles on her. I picked it up from the dealership for 3700 after spending 100 to have her looked over at a local shop before buying. It needs an AC recharge, it had a blown fuse on the radio/clock and has a bunch of random buttons and switches too. Other than that, shes pretty legit. Im pretty sure the previous owner had a system and some lighting in there and took it all out before trading it in. Shes got the flat fives with SLIGHT curb rash but nothing too bad. The paint however, has been neglected which is a shame so Im debating either doing the prep and getting a basic maaco repaint in the same black or possibly conscripting a buddy or two into helping me vinyl wrap with some $5 a meter ebay vinyl. Im thinking the resale value would be higher, if I ever decided to do that in a few years, if I repaint though. Looking to spend about 500 when all said and done on fixing the paint. Maaco/ Earl Scheib would be cheaper even Im sure. Thoughts on either? Here is a vinyl wrap inspiration. I was also considering plasti dipping the rims white.

Name:  colourwall1.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  123.0 KB

Anyway, my plans are simple. Upgrade the suspension with either some Form and Function Type 1s or some Yonaka coil-overs. I need some good tunes on my way too and from work and it looks like the previous owner upgraded the door speakers but simply removed the bass and amp. That said, I am replaced his burnt out head unit with a solid single din for $50. I made a quick trade with a buddy for his JL amp and Polk Audio 8" sub and will be installing them tomorrow.

Now, what would be the best way to squeeze a couple more WHP out of this engine? I dont want to waste $150 on a freaking CAI when Im not planning on autox and know that it will do nothing for my daily driving. Im not looking to turn her into a race car and do not plan on racing but I would like a bit more power for spirited daily driving.

Well, here she is as she sits today. These pics are from the adoption agency this weekend.

New 95 GS-R owner here. How do I keep her from getting stolen? lol-gqdihfb.jpg

New 95 GS-R owner here. How do I keep her from getting stolen? lol-skl3soo.jpg

New 95 GS-R owner here. How do I keep her from getting stolen? lol-3iqnfww.jpg

New 95 GS-R owner here. How do I keep her from getting stolen? lol-a6mv3fv.jpg

New 95 GS-R owner here. How do I keep her from getting stolen? lol-0aux0ex.jpg

more pics of the interior can be found here. Thanks for looking guys.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:20 AM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts
So many random switches and buttons!

And judging by the rats nest of wires and t-taps, it seems like a thorough once over to remove all the halfassed add-ons wouldn't be the worst idea ever. Try to starve off the electrical gremlins as long as possible.

Welcome! And happy motoring.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,582 Likes on 6,629 Posts
Originally Posted by cu2wagon
So many random switches and buttons!

And judging by the rats nest of wires and t-taps, it seems like a thorough once over to remove all the halfassed add-ons wouldn't be the worst idea ever. Try to starve off the electrical gremlins as long as possible.

Welcome! And happy motoring.
Those look like theft deterrent to me

Maybe like a kill switch
Old 09-17-2016, 06:44 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea. We're actually about to dig in there and see what we can do. We're installing a new sub and amp and gonna try to clean them up. Thanks guys. Im excited and the more I drive her the more I cant wait to sink some money into bringing her back to her glory days.

I was thinking the switch might be for the sub he had to kill that at night/morning maybe when leaving the neighborhood and didnt want it thumping? Idk. Maybe it was a kill switch but seems like a silly place for one. lol
Old 09-27-2016, 11:41 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,120 Likes on 893 Posts
Nice car. My girl had one (99 4dr 5spd 250k all original) before she traded in for a 2gen TSX 6spd. It is an impressive machine for an Inline 4 2.0L.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:43 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
oh you're in Houston???

keep that baby garaged.
some one will flat bed it if its on the street
The following users liked this post:
EvilVirus (09-27-2016)