Banned

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
hi, if you send us email we respond to all emails
Old 04-06-2016, 03:57 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by navtool.com
Sending you an email right now - I'll look forward to your response.
Old 04-06-2016, 04:00 PM
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
You keep repeating that, but you've demonstrated with numerous AZ members that you do not respond. Just look at Paul's log, Stew's complaints of no response, tesh's complaints of no response, vtloki's complaints of no response, hell even neuronbob (he's SUPER patient with you guys). In response to the no response claims, you then reply, "of no one replied, means we just didnt receive it." Either way, no light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:09 PM
Banned

if message was sent via email we always reply
Old 04-06-2016, 07:01 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So whats the status now ?
Shipping now? Shipping soon? May ship soon ? No idea ?
Old 04-06-2016, 10:31 PM
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by gbzygil
I will answer this for NavTool. The answer is YES.......................to all of them

This is the main reason I cancelled my order, They would not provide ANY INFORMATION about the status of the item. I can live with delays and technical issues that need to be finalized before shipment, but the fact they would offer no updates at all was ridiculous. Oh, and the constant "shipping next week, maybe end of month, start of next month, well now it may be a little longer.........." got annoying as well.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:00 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm calling bullshit. I'm not making up the emails I sent that went unanswered.

There were other emails that were replied to and others that were also ignored that I didn't list here in the thread. They're all part of the same trail that I sent to you, sent to the same addresses, Vitaliy's and the main customer service email.

You guys dropped the ball by not providing updates and being open and realistic about shipments. I don't mind having paid in advance but the lack of proactive updates and continued bs of "it will ship on monday" month after month as too much.

Too bad man, I was really looking forward to mirroring
Old 04-07-2016, 09:32 AM
6th Gear

I sent 2 emails to Vitaly and no reply
Old 04-07-2016, 10:57 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by gbzygil
Vitaliy replied to me yesterday - here's our communication: (@Navtool/Vitaliy - I'm posting these messages here for transparency - to ensure all investors in your product know what's going on)

SENT:
"Hello Vitaliy,

I saw your post today on this thread: (https://acurazine.com/forums/sponsor.../#post15721133)
and wanted to reach out regarding my Pre-Order.

Will this be fulfilled?
When?
Is there tracking information?
A User/Install Manual?
Should I request a refund?

Please keep me in the loop with the latest - if the item cannot be fulfilled, please process a refund.

Thanks,

Tesh
808Tesh"

REPLY:

"Hi, we are planning to release it this month, we got rid of the additional bugs and completed product redesign, we are going to make a new video and latest instalaltion manuals"

I Followed up with:

"I appreciate the reply - however it has taken quite a bit of time to get an update since the last message I sent to you and since there were substantial updates.

Can i get a ship date, serial number, or anything else as assurance of the product creation and upcoming delivery?

Alternately:
If the item does not ship with tracking/insurance before 4/28 (the last Thursday of this month), can I expect a refund automatically or should I be considering contacting my credit card processor?
I'm asking you this as a responsible buyer who's supported you on the forums - I don't plan to pull my support, but if there's no proof of life on this product, I will respectfully ask for a refund. I need some assurance from you on this.

Thanks for the reply - please let me know a status on the questions above.

Tesh
808Tesh"

HE REPLIED:

"We should ship mid month

Thank You"

Originally Posted by paulsaddiction
I not making up the emails I sent that went unanswered.
@Navtool / Vitaliy - if you're reading this ^^ , you need to try harder and reply to all.

@Paulsaddiction - I think I got lucky just emailing within minutes of his post online, I've had a string of unanswered emails as well.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:20 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by 808tesh
"Hi, we are planning to release it this month, we got rid of the additional bugs and completed product redesign, we are going to make a new video and latest instalaltion manuals"

"We should ship mid month

Thank You"
I'm happy that someone responded to you, but this is the same thing that's been said for months now. I thought the module was completed a long time ago they just needed endcaps. If there were bugs, that would have been VERY INFORMATIVE to let us know why there was a delay. This information should have been unsolicited and voluntarily posted by NavTool to ease the minds of those still waiting for the product.

Did you ask Vitaly the middle of which month? It's almost the middle of April now (only a week away).
Old 04-08-2016, 07:32 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Umm, no you don't. I sent emails asking to cancel my order.. not one reply
Old 04-10-2016, 03:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Why do I feel I have been ripped off?
Old 04-10-2016, 09:47 PM
6th Gear

Such a shame that navtool is not being transparent here.
The community is very excited about your product and is showing patience because we all are genuinely interested.
All we need is some kind of assurance and a solid date when we can expect to have the product in our hands.
No news is bad news.
Anyone from Navtool listening ?
Old 04-11-2016, 11:15 AM
Advanced

@Navtool, check your inbox, I've sent you an email.

can't send you a PM because:

navtool.com has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Last edited by 808tesh; 04-11-2016 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:09 AM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
something i'm realizing just now:

if you're using a module like navtool that uses the backup camera analog feed to mirror HDMI content, you're limited to content that does NOT have HDCP compliance. So if you were planning on using the module with a wireless MiFi dongle or a modified Apple TV to use it with Airplay you won't be able to. It doesn't matter if the module has HDMI in because it's basically converting the digital content to analog to have it pass as an alternative backup camera feed.

I should have realized this when I was playing with my Composite converter with my TV. When I connect my Apple TV through the converter it flat out gives me a message like "HDCP content is not supported" but when I connect my iPhone through the AV adapter and composite converter it mirrors just fine including videos streamed through Amazon and HBO. Haven't tested it with my Chromecast so I'm curious how that would work but if it's HDCP compliant like the Apple TV it won't work with navtool.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:02 PM

You make an interesting point about HDCP so I looked it up.

Here's what Apple support says about it
Most likely you have to adjust the settings in the ATV to output at a lower resolution or even just swap your HDMI cable.

Here's the Axxess module you referenced and here's NavTool's very own . I do not follow how they tap into the backup camera. I received an RGB3 and it plugs directly behind the screen even if you have no factory camera. If your car does not have a backup camera, you now have the ability to add one (which is why they advertise it in the Axxess description).

At the Corvette forums they are wirelessly streaming their Android devices through Netgear's Push2TV (via HDMI ofcourse). Wired mirroring via HDMI to iPhone is already confirmed working. It would be ideal if they could test the ATV too so we can have a definitive idea.

Last edited by G37_Roller; 04-13-2016 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:16 AM
Suzuka Master

no word from them here since the 6th.

All I want is my money back and that doesn't seem forthcoming
Old 04-14-2016, 08:42 AM
Racer

I tried connecting my Chromecast to the TV using my composite converter and it worked. Streaming HBOGO worked without issues so I must assume that dongles work differently than set top boxes in terms of HDCP. Haven't gotten around trying to lower the resolution on the ATV. I'm trying to purpose it for another project so I may not get around to it.

My preferred method of mirroring my iPhone is still the AV adapter. Fewer steps, less failure points, phone probably needs charging anyways. But this wired method depends on phone makers continuing to support it and I'm looking long term for this mod since cars for me last 7-10 years easy.

Originally Posted by G37_Roller

Here's what Apple support says about it
Most likely you have to adjust the settings in the ATV to output at a lower resolution or even just swap

At the Corvette forums they are wirelessly streaming their Android devices through Netgear's Push2TV (via HDMI ofcourse). Wired mirroring via HDMI to iPhone is already confirmed working. It would be ideal if they could test the ATV too so we can have a definitive idea.

Last edited by baelim; 04-14-2016 at 08:45 AM.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:29 AM
Advanced

@All, don't hold your breath, but I got an update email last night. This pushes his 'mid-month' claim back to the end of April (and yes, back a few months from the original delivery... This is getting pretty exhausting, I didn't even believe in Santa this long

NavTool Vitaliy Sokolov
3:12 PM (17 hours ago)

to me
Hi we will start fulfilling orders in 10 days

Thank You
NavTool Sales Team
NavTool Inc.
sales@navtool.com
NAVTOOL INC
www.facebook.com/NavTool
www.twitter.com/navtool
www.youtube.com/navtool
https://plus.google.com/+Navtool
Phone# 877-NAV-TOOL ext.1
Phone# 877-628-8665 ext.1
Old 04-14-2016, 11:00 AM
Racer

I've been doing some research on this and even posted some of my findings on another thread in the TLX forum.

Basically this is a modification to the the method of adding a "rearview camera switch" that allows you to turn on the camera while you're driving but instead of feeding the camera view you have an alternate video input. The idea has been around for years with TSX folks adding a DVD player or whatnots... I also found that truck owners have done this mod for well close into a decade now.

What these modules have offered is to take the complexity of DIY wiring out of the equation by offering custom harnesses and getting in between the OEM camera wires and the Head Unit in plug and play method. The most expensive ones have added features like HDMI in and even USB charging but the basics are still the same meaning the output must be analog.

Having said that Axxess describing the ability to add a 3rd party factory camera is probably because most modern Head Units have this rearview trigger built in by default. Axess also has an extensive list of compatible vehicles so I don't think you can just assume this is universal however.

Originally Posted by G37_Roller

Here's the Axxess module you referenced and here's NavTool's very own . I do not follow how they tap into the backup camera. I received an RGB3 and it plugs directly behind the screen even if you have no factory camera. If your car does not have a backup camera, you now have the ability to add one (which is why they advertise it in the Axxess description).
Old 04-15-2016, 12:21 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by 808tesh
@All, don't hold your breath, but I got an update email last night. This pushes his 'mid-month' claim back to the end of April (and yes, back a few months from the original delivery... This is getting pretty exhausting, I didn't even believe in Santa this long
It must be true now, NavTool has been keeping everyone updated on this thread the entire time and after all, he did use the phrase "WILL ship" instead of the past "should ship".

All you guys that have held out this long can do now is I'm sure you'll probably get your module since they have actually started fulfilling the C7 pre-orders, it's just a ridiculous way of doing business.

Oh, they respond to all e-mails too!!
Old 04-17-2016, 12:30 PM
Banned

Hi, we would like to apologize to everyone for unusual long product release delays.

Anyone who knows our products, they also know that any product we release works great for many year to come.

We had to make a design change last minute to eliminate a serious bug that we found, which prolonged the resale even more.

We will be showing product release this coming week
Old 04-17-2016, 03:20 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hi, we would like to apologize to everyone for unusual long product release delays.

Anyone who knows our products, they also know that any product we release works great for many year to come.

We had to make a design change last minute to eliminate a serious bug that we found, which prolonged the resale even more.

We will be showing product release this coming week
Honestly, the work you did on the Corvette has been super impressive. It's been a long ride, but I'm VERY GLAD I have waited for this. You still have my money and I will continue to wait til I have the product in hand.. if you guys want me to do a series of video clips showing the install when I get Navtool, I will be happy to do so.

Thanks Navtool!!!
Old 04-18-2016, 04:29 PM
3rd Gear

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You guys might want to review the below. A couple of big NavTool proponents got their units on CF and are having all kinds of issues.

No rear camera input as promised, software that does not work and front cameras that don't work or work intermittently. Oh yea, they never tested on a manual so even more issues there. Funny how they had so many beta testers yet none had a manual?

I also did an informal poll and it appears NavTool shipped about 12-15 units to C7 owners on the forum. Well short of the 600 preorders they claimed to have. I know some orders were not members but even their list had over 100 CF members on it.

More of the same guys. They said software would fix the issues but the 1-3 people who actually were able to get the software says it won't connect to the unit and causes BSOD's (Blue Screen of Death) in Windows. Big surprise.

Read more here...
The Geezer's Navtool installation - Page 13 - Corvette Forum

Last edited by C7_Beast; 04-18-2016 at 04:39 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Hoosier_TLX (04-18-2016)
Old 04-18-2016, 04:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by C7_Beast
Wow, more NavTool shills I see. You guys might want to review the below. A couple of big NavTool proponents got their units on CF and are having all kinds of issues.

No rear camera input as promised, software that does not work and front cameras that don't work or work intermittently. Oh yea, they never tested on a manual so even more issues there. Funny how they had so many beta testers yet none had a manual?

I also did an informal poll and it appears NavTool shipped about 12-15 units to C7 owners on the forum. Well short of the 600 preorders they claimed to have. I know some orders were not members but even their list had over 100 CF members on it.

More of the same guys. They said software would fix the issues but the 1-3 people who actually were able to get the software says it won't connect to the unit. Big surprise.

Read more here...
The Geezer's Navtool installation - Page 13 - Corvette Forum
your post has nothing to do with Acura vehicles, and you have on part of the information.

A- all corvettes have cameras.

B- people were using wrong software updater
Old 04-18-2016, 04:43 PM
3rd Gear

Thank God for the ignore feature of this site. No more meaningless drivel I need to read by this horrible company.
Old 04-18-2016, 04:44 PM
Banned

Thank God for the ignore feature of this site. No more meaningless drivel I need to read by this horrible company.
If you would read each and every post, you would see all the info
Old 04-18-2016, 05:34 PM
3rd Gear

If only they replied to emails as fast as my posts maybe you guys would have your units.

I swear, whenever I post any factual data here, they respond within minutes. This is one of the few sites that still allows them to even post.

How about you worry more about your customers and less about my posts?

Even without seeing their posts, I can look at how long it takes them to reply. Hysterical!

This guy must work 24x7. Building units, answering tech calls, posting on this site and playing CEO must be tough.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:35 PM
Banned

If only they replied to emails as fast as my posts maybe you guys would have your units.

I swear, whenever I post any factual data here, they respond within minutes. This is one of the few sites that still allows them to even post.

How about you worry more about your customers and less about my posts?

Even without seeing their posts, I can look at how long it takes them to reply. Hysterical!

This guy must work 24x7. Building units, answering tech calls, posting on this site and playing CEO must be tough.
we respond to everyone here, you go up the threads and see, every posted question gets an answer
Old 04-18-2016, 05:40 PM
3rd Gear

Hahaha. 1 minute. I told ya
Old 04-18-2016, 05:41 PM
Banned

Hahaha. 1 minute. I told ya
I don'y see anything funny
Old 04-18-2016, 05:41 PM
Banned

Please post only regarding this groupbuy
Old 04-18-2016, 07:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Mine doesn't work!

Ya'll might want to read page 3 of this thread before you go gungho on this product.

I have the Corvette product. I'm on my 2nd camera and I still only have iPhone streaming (which is nice but NOT why I bought this product) I want the front camera to stop me from mashing up my front splitter!!!!

The Geezer's Navtool installation - Corvette Forum

I emailed Vitaliy and have asked for a replacement for my unit but now I'm not too sure a replacement will do me any good with the post 270 in my thread.

Vitaliy, if you are reading this, you can tell my temper is starting to go postal.

Elmer
Hoosier_TLX (04-18-2016)
Old 04-18-2016, 07:44 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
Ya'll might want to read page 3 of this thread before you go gungho on this product.

I have the Corvette product. I'm on my 2nd camera and I still only have iPhone streaming (which is nice but NOT why I bought this product) I want the front camera to stop me from mashing up my front splitter!!!!

The Geezer's Navtool installation - Corvette Forum

I emailed Vitaliy and have asked for a replacement for my unit but now I'm not too sure a replacement will do me any good with the post 270 in my thread.

Vitaliy, if you are reading this, you can tell my temper is starting to go postal.

Elmer
Hi Elmer. I know you have been one of their strongest supporters and I'm only posting now as my posts seem to get Vitaliy's attention. Maybe you will get a PM from them with some answers.
Hoosier_TLX (04-18-2016)
Old 04-18-2016, 07:49 PM
Banned

NOT ACURA RELATED, ACURA OWNERS SKIP THIS READING

we no longer post on corvette forums, and mainly issues on corvette forum relate to:
A- manual transmission
B- possibility of improper camera power connection

This information will surely help Acura members make this thread more confusing
Old 04-18-2016, 09:52 PM

The only connection I can do on the camera in the car is the 12v battery that sits in my trunk. I tap the switch 12v supply in the console and the original camera used a micro tap of a fuse in the engine fuse box. I don't have any other source of 12v power!

Elmer
Old 04-18-2016, 10:37 PM
Racer

your post has nothing to do with Acura vehicles, and you have on part of the information.

A- all corvettes have cameras.

B- people were using wrong software updater
we respond to everyone here, you go up the threads and see, every posted question gets an answer
Please post only regarding this groupbuy
NOT ACURA RELATED, ACURA OWNERS SKIP THIS READING

we no longer post on corvette forums, and mainly issues on corvette forum relate to:
A- manual transmission
B- possibility of improper camera power connection

This information will surely help Acura members make this thread more confusing
Well, where do I begin? First, NavTool hasn't posted anything really for 11 days and after some criticism of the Corvette unit they post 6 times in rapid succession. You always claim that you post and answer all messages, but that's clearly not the case.

Second, It's VERY reasonable that someone with one of your modules (even if it's not for Acura) posts to this thread because it provides a second, unbiased source of information for those interested in buying your product. At this point, I'd gladly take the word of someone who has paid for, waited for delivery, installed, and used your product in their car than someone from your company. A large part of any purchase is customer service, and depending on how you resolve the issues the C7 members are having speaks volumes about what to expect for the Acura units.

I really, really want the modules to work for those who have stuck with you. I will never buy a product from you, but I hope that those who do enjoy a lifetime of problem free usage.

Members from the Corvette forum, thank you for all your postings to keep the Acura guys informed of the experiences you are having. I know it will help them with their questions and concerns.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:58 PM
Banned

we have been selling product on this forum for over 10 years with no problem, unfortunately forum crowd changed and bringing new products to members became an impossible task.

Many members don't realize they cause more problems.

for example a mebers post Navtool software update available. - Corvette Forum

member mentioned above asked for refund, now he was paying $150 more, because he got so convinced by other members that product will never be released.

just on this forum alone we released 4 version of navtool products, and kept customers happy for over 10 years,

the topic of this thread is pre-order, its means its a new product.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:53 AM

Some progress has been made in trouble shooting my issue.

I was asked to perform a test on my car. Basically, start the car, manually turn on Navtool and wait for 10-20 minutes. After 6 minutes, my video came on. I then operated the mode switch on my camera and checked out the 3 modes. They worked fine. I backed out of the driveway and drove with the video still running. At 25 MPH, it should have turned off automatically but it didn't. I manually turn off the camera using the "Back" button. I stopped the car, put it in Reverse for a few feet and then put it in Drive and GOT video from the front camera instantly. I started driving again and the video auto-shut off at 10 MPH or so. Got back to my driveway and stopped. Put it in Reverse for a few feet (back up video ON), put it in Drive, black screen (NO video). Pulled up into the driveway and idled for 10 minutes, NO video. Turned off the black screen and then manually turn on the Navtool. It went to a black screen I sat there idling the car for about 15-20 minutes and no video came back on the screen. I pulled into the garage and shut the car off.

This is the video of the camera when it first came on in the driveway.

http://www.jaxvette.com/c7/front_camera/3modes.MOV

It was beautiful while it was working and then it went away. Sigh...

I understand that there make be an update out for the Navtool. I was supposed to receive the software via email but nothing received as of now. I'll check the site and see if there is an update that needs to be installed.

All hope is NOT lost on getting this rascal to work correctly

Elmer
Old 04-19-2016, 03:34 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Hoosier_TLX
Well, where do I begin? First, NavTool hasn't posted anything really for 11 days and after some criticism of the Corvette unit they post 6 times in rapid succession. You always claim that you post and answer all messages, but that's clearly not the case.

Second, It's VERY reasonable that someone with one of your modules (even if it's not for Acura) posts to this thread because it provides a second, unbiased source of information for those interested in buying your product. At this point, I'd gladly take the word of someone who has paid for, waited for delivery, installed, and used your product in their car than someone from your company. A large part of any purchase is customer service, and depending on how you resolve the issues the C7 members are having speaks volumes about what to expect for the Acura units.

I really, really want the modules to work for those who have stuck with you. I will never buy a product from you, but I hope that those who do enjoy a lifetime of problem free usage.

Members from the Corvette forum, thank you for all your postings to keep the Acura guys informed of the experiences you are having. I know it will help them with their questions and concerns.
Darn, you quoting NavTool makes me see it

Funny how the lies keep coming. NavTool was BANNED at Corvette forum. It was due to poor customer service and other reasons I chose not to go into it as I'd be here all day but they were banned from 75 IB sites. That is all fact.

If you go back and look at their original promises on CF was that the unit would have 4 video inputs. There was even a discussion about why the need for a rear camera in the C7. NavTool said the factory camera would not integrate into their system so to integeate, you'd need a second camera. The FACT is the unit has 3 inputs, not 4 as promised.

Users were not downloading the wrong software, they only put the software that works on their site yesterday. The original version THEY directed users to for the supposed updated software would not connect and caused BSOD's.

NavTool continues to ask people not part of their group buy (was called pre order) to not post. Odd since C7 owners seem to be the only people who have any experience with the product. If it's so great, why wouldn't you want other customers with apparently a very similar model to post their experience?

Elmer has the unit. He has stayed objective and continues to be optimistic about this unit. His posts on CF have been a big help to the handful of users who got this.

I on the other hand had a pre order and cancelled it when they demanded payment a week before Christmas. They also sent me an extremely rude PM calling me names and cursing at me. Very juveniles and unprofessional.

Most of the NavTool threads were deleted on CF but there was a ton of lies, and their business practices are not just decptive but boarder on criminal iny opinion.

NavTool has been caught at least 5-8 times on 2 sites making up fake user accounts to rave about a product that did not even exist. Aside for being unethical, they are not the brightest bulbs in the pack as the accounts came from the same IP subnet.

All the above are facts. They will now post to ignore me. Let them tell you how many people work at NavTool. Get their address from their web site and send them a letter. See if it comes back as undeliverable. Look at who's business is at the address they claim is theirs. They have given numerous addresses and someone went to all and 2 were abandon lots and one was a series of industrial buildings none of which even heard of NavTool. All this data is available publicly if you know how to look. Their LLC filing is also available publicly.

Since Elmer is an actual customer, I'll leave this thread. My guess is they will reply to this within minutes.

Quick Reply: NavTool Pre-order 2014+ Acura