Southwest Arizona, Nevada & New Mexico

Overheating...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 11:54 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Overheating...

Sooo... I had lifted the car about a week ago to change the oil and noticed some coolant on the floor. Popped the hood and saw dried up coolant splashed on the motor, radiator, fans, etc. I thought MAYBE some came out the reservoir when I lifted it... Today I'm at a light and notice my temp gauge rising over the halfway mark. I turned the A/C off and started driving and it went back to normal.

My question is, is the coolant system pressurized or is this simply the hose that the coolant exits the radiator and drops back into the reservoir... To be sucked back into the radiator? I'm replacing the hose in the morning but wanted to make sure this is the only issue based on this pic. Any help is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Overheating...-image.jpg  
Old 04-12-2015, 10:01 AM
Cruisin'

Bump...
Old 04-16-2015, 04:33 AM
Flux Capacitor Anyone?

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by paulmnly
Sooo... I had lifted the car about a week ago to change the oil and noticed some coolant on the floor. Popped the hood and saw dried up coolant splashed on the motor, radiator, fans, etc. I thought MAYBE some came out the reservoir when I lifted it... Today I'm at a light and notice my temp gauge rising over the halfway mark. I turned the A/C off and started driving and it went back to normal.

My question is, is the coolant system pressurized or is this simply the hose that the coolant exits the radiator and drops back into the reservoir... To be sucked back into the radiator? I'm replacing the hose in the morning but wanted to make sure this is the only issue based on this pic. Any help is appreciated.
Yes it is pressurized I would replace that hose and fill up system and bleed out all the air. Then check for leaks.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:44 PM
Intermediate

Just replace the cap and hose, clean it up and make sure the leak is from that spot, and not from the actual radiator. Fill up with 50/50 oem coolant