Southwest Arizona, Nevada & New Mexico

Need some advice from you guys out in AZ :)

Old 03-27-2013, 10:59 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Need some advice from you guys out in AZ :)

What's up everyone?! The lady and I are seriously think about moving to AZ from NJ. We currently live in Bergen county, and are leaning towards a better life else where. We plan on flying out sometime in July around the scottsdale area and look around for homes, jobs and general life in and out of the area. Our reason's for wanting to move is simple:

The cost of living in Bergen county is absolutely crazy! Homes are way over inflated plus the taxes you pay is just down right crazy. The traffic here can make a simple 10-15 min commute to over an hour. Highway state police hide just about every where and anywhere to pull you over, besides they ride up your ass for no reason. The weather here is not to my liking. We enjoy maybe 2-3 months out of the year with excellent weather.

We get hit with crazy storms, snow, hail even tornadoes. Shit Sandy hit us pretty much dead on.. After the "Winter" Season, everything here turns fucking green! Yup Pollen season, which forget about trying to enjoy crap outside. Then we have summer, pretty good except for those days of 100+ w/ a ton of humidity. Being right by the Atlantic and Hudson river, all of the storms here get stronger.

This state is pretty much cut throat. 90% of the jobs are at will, they fire you for anything. Union jobs are the best but also extremely hard to get in. Your always offered some low end crap of 9-12 an hr job for those that went through college and paid a heavy price. I'm certified in the automotive field and work as a technician. When I worked for Acura I had already 8+ years exp and was offered a crap pay of 10 an hr. I settled with 14 an hr and got promoted to 16.00 W/flat rate. I was doing approx 55-70 hrs a week ranging from 700-1,100 a week after taxes.

The people here generally suck as well. A lot of your co-workers are out to throw you under the bus and not take responsibility for their own actions or mistakes. People are extremely fast pace here, so tempers are always flaring. In a nut shell, everyone is out for themselves...

The lady has a BA in graphic design. She told me that around the scottsdale around her field is booming. I already contacted a few Acura dealers and sent my resume. We won't be ready to move for another year and a half. So before we go out in July for a week to look around, what do you guys suggest?

Primary this is what we want

To own a home, pay it off (200K or less)
Looking for a promising future and not struggle
Looking for better weather
Looking for better people
Better job's
To enjoy life without having to work 6 days a week and still struggle with living costs of the East coast.