Southeast Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina & Tennessee

Dealers in Georgia that you recommend

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 06:06 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealers in Georgia that you recommend

Hello guys.. I live in Georgia, I'm thinking about buying a 06 TL with Navi

Can you post any good or bad experiences that you had at dealers in Georgia?

Thank you
Old 10-04-2005, 07:41 PM
Racer

Hugh or Nick at Acura Carland in Duluth... bought two cars from him excellent experience (Tell him Simon sent you) ....avoid Nalley.....horrible !!!
Old 10-04-2005, 08:03 PM
Racer

I didnt have a good experience at Carland. The korean salesman jerked me around. If you're willing to drive a bit out of the way, Acura of Augusta is awesome. Both me and 2 of my friends got our 2004 and 2005 TL's there. We paid $700 over invoice. Might have to be referred though. I had my friend refer me to Cardell who in turn gave me the exact same deal ($700 over invoice).
Old 10-04-2005, 08:17 PM
Acuraized User

tried to deal with Baranco in Morrow near my job but didn't enjoy the experience. finally purchased from Sutton Acura in Macon near my home, great dealership.

paid m.s.r.p., got some free stuff
Old 10-04-2005, 10:10 PM
Instructor

Yeah, worked with Nick and Hugh - still had to haggle on price even though it was suppose to be Internet sales. But they do great work. Nick is excellent and will go over the vehicle in great detail. I would buy from them again.

The folks at Baranco had me set up to see cars via appointment, but when I finally got there, they didn't have any of the vehicles in stock and stated it would be about 3-4 weeks before they got any with NAVI on the lot.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:05 AM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

to AVOID NALLEY ACURA AT ALL COSTS.

Ed Voyles in Chamblee

Great experience.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:18 AM
3rd Gear

I purchased my 05 TL from Acura Carland, but actually went through the Fleet Manager at Honda Carland, so I cannot speak upon the sales staff on the floor.

I've taken it there once to have it serviced and was pleased with the service. The service dept staff was friendly. I would take it back there again even though Nalley Acura is closer.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:39 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I worked with John Middlebrooks at Acura Carland on my 05 TL and was overall very satisfied. (This was the 2nd TL I have purchased from this dealership.)
Old 10-05-2005, 08:43 AM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
I can't comment on the dealers in Georgia since I had to go buy my car out of state. However, I will recommend Ed Voyles for great service when your TL needs it.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:58 AM
Racer

Funny I was thinkin of giving NALLEY ACURA a visit

I guess not now

For those that don't recommend Nalley Acura, can you share your experience with us?

Thank you
Old 10-05-2005, 10:13 AM
10th Gear

Thumbs up

I am not sure what happen with 03coupev6 but my experience had to be the exact opposite. I absolutely recommend Nalley Acura. I live in Birmingham, Alabama and went to Georgia to buy my TL. I purchased a '05 TL Aspec, Navi, Blk/blk, & 6 spd manual. I checked with 12 different dealership between here and Georgia and Nalley Acura was outstanding to me. I am not sure who 03coupev6 salesperson was but I say contact their internet sales manager, Diana Harrison. I was originally going to be in 04 but I went away with the military. She continued to contact me and work with me in throughout the process. When it was time for me to purchase ( Aug 05), it was hard to find the blk/blk, navi, 6-speed aspec. I had other dealers that either tried to tell me that I wasn't going to find that anywhere/ I'll have to wait for the 06's/ I didn't need a 6-speed Navi and etc. She didn't vfind one at first but she said she would order it for me. Other dealers didn't even offer. They just tried to get me in vsomething they had on their lot. They had a dealer transfer that came in for another customer but the interior was blk and they wanted tan interioor. A dealer in Chicago sent the incorrect color. She called and told me that it came in but they were going to see if they could live with it. They decided they did want it. So, she would not let it sale until she spoke with me. As long as Acura make cars that I like and as long as she is there; they have earned a loyal customer. I'll get my service done here, King Acura service DEPT is second to none. There sales sucks.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:18 AM
10th Gear

Talking

Just fyi, I purchased my Aspec w/ the body side molding & navi for $40,800.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:24 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Originally Posted by Delmiroc

I guess not now

For those that don't recommend Nalley Acura, can you share your experience with us?

Thank you

I did not buy my Acura from Nalley. The Sales department seemed fine to me when I talked to them, though. It is the service department that is a horrendous, terrible gate to hell.

My TL-P visited their service department once a week for the first three months I had it. It went to get one problem fixed and emerged with two more, each time it became increasingly difficult to get it repaired. They are so extremely deceptive, as well. My dash and airbag cover were discolored and warped at 35k miles (of no fault of my own) and they agreed to replace the dash (but did blame me for its warping by saying I must have put chemicals on it which I did not), and then installed it wrong and damaged the plastic around the gauges (which they denied and never repaired and I eventually gave up on). They did not attach the dash properly at the base of the windshield, so it flopped around and was very loose. When I tried getting them to correct it, my service advisor (ED WILKE) told me it was supposed to do that so it didn't rattle, as it was a "free-floating" dash. After my 3rd attempt at getting them to remedy this situation, they stuffed a used paper towel down in the middle of the dash between in and the windshield!!! I could see it sticking up and this, they said, should stop the vibrations. At this same visit, they split the leather on the driver seat down the middle and then denied responsibility. I did finally get them to replace it, but never to admit doing it.. on my worksheet it says "replaced due to excessive wear". When they installed the old passenger airbag unit into the new dash, the color match was terrible, and the airbag didn't fit properly because it was warped. I was told this was normal for the airbag not to fit as it was, again, "free-floating". Their fix for the warpage was to shove it down in place (it would pop up while driving later). They also told me the cover was not connected to the airbag unit, which is BS. They did finally replace it. My speakers sounded extremely distorted at this time, and they blamed it on my phone. When I turned the phone off and it was to no avail, they said it was normal. It wasn't until I did a demo beside another TL-P that they agreed my system didn't sound right. They started replacing parts without regard to the actual problem, they replaced the amp, equalizer, and headunit and the problem remained. They then said, essentially, for me to live with it. I had to contact ACS and get a rep to meet with me, and he ordered them to replace all speakers. Problem solved. During this visit they were supposed to replace a broken steering column case. They said they did, but when I got it back it was assembled incorrectly and the steering wheel rubbed against it making a scraping noise and it popped apart within a day.

Later on down the line the car began to suffer from extreme vibrations in the floorboard and seats, and erratic shifting, as well as a fuse that consistently blows leaving the windows and sunroof inoperable. Nalley blamed the vibrations on my tires, and said they found a shorted wire causing the fuse to blow. They said the "tires are balanced" and left a lugnut off of my front wheel. When my car visited Ed Voyles Acura last week, however, these issues were solved without drama. Turns out the car had two broken motor mounts and "internal failure" on the transmission. Nalley made no attempts to even check these things. While Nalley lied to me and said they fixed a shorted wire, Ed Voyles was honest. They replaced the fuse and said they could not find the problem, but that they would have to take on the very labor intense job of finding out what causes the fuse to blow if it does blow again (and it will). They solved all the problems Nalley called normal and even replaced the lug nut Nalley left off - also, they re-ordered the steering column casing and put it together correctly. Ed Voyles solved my car's persistent problems within 2 days... the total time it spent at Nalley was 1 month, in which they caused more problems than they corrected.

Nalley, on my last visit, tried pinning damage to a TSX loaner on me and making me pay for it - despite the fact the TSX damage already existed. They first refused to release my car until I reminded them that neither they nor I truly own it, as it is financed. Then I received a threatening phone call from Joey Kelley, service advisor, saying I owed him $1400 for scratches on the rear of this TSX. When I told him that since no one bothered inspecting the car when it was returned moments before I got it, and since no one was available to even so much as note the mileage on it before I drove it, I wouldn't be paying him a cent - he got really angry saying that not only did they inspect it, but that I did a walkaround with them. Our conversation went like this:

Joey: We inspected the car and YOU walked around with us and agreed there was no damage.

Me: Do you have security cameras?

Joey: (pause) No.

Me: I saw them, yes you do. You better have this walkaround on camera, I'm coming to watch it. Otherwise, I'll see you in court.

Joey: We will fix the car. Just don't come back.

Me: Oh believe me, I won't. And I'll do you one better: I'll make sure everyone I know does not visit your dealership. If you stayed open on the basis of customer service alone, you'd be shut down tomorrow.

I'm filing complaint with BBB against Nalley Acura, and I've already written a lengthy letter to Honda of America regarding my extremely pathetic service from them, as well as their negative attitude towards customers.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:38 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by 03CoupeV6
I did not buy my Acura from Nalley. The Sales department seemed fine to me when I talked to them, though. It is the service department that is a horrendous, terrible gate to hell.

My TL-P visited their service department once a week for the first three months I had it. It went to get one problem fixed and emerged with two more, each time it became increasingly difficult to get it repaired. They are so extremely deceptive, as well. My dash and airbag cover were discolored and warped at 35k miles (of no fault of my own) and they agreed to replace the dash (but did blame me for its warping by saying I must have put chemicals on it which I did not), and then installed it wrong and damaged the plastic around the gauges (which they denied and never repaired and I eventually gave up on). They did not attach the dash properly at the base of the windshield, so it flopped around and was very loose. When I tried getting them to correct it, my service advisor (ED WILKE) told me it was supposed to do that so it didn't rattle, as it was a "free-floating" dash. After my 3rd attempt at getting them to remedy this situation, they stuffed a used paper towel down in the middle of the dash between in and the windshield!!! I could see it sticking up and this, they said, should stop the vibrations. At this same visit, they split the leather on the driver seat down the middle and then denied responsibility. I did finally get them to replace it, but never to admit doing it.. on my worksheet it says "replaced due to excessive wear". When they installed the old passenger airbag unit into the new dash, the color match was terrible, and the airbag didn't fit properly because it was warped. I was told this was normal for the airbag not to fit as it was, again, "free-floating". Their fix for the warpage was to shove it down in place (it would pop up while driving later). They also told me the cover was not connected to the airbag unit, which is BS. They did finally replace it. My speakers sounded extremely distorted at this time, and they blamed it on my phone. When I turned the phone off and it was to no avail, they said it was normal. It wasn't until I did a demo beside another TL-P that they agreed my system didn't sound right. They started replacing parts without regard to the actual problem, they replaced the amp, equalizer, and headunit and the problem remained. They then said, essentially, for me to live with it. I had to contact ACS and get a rep to meet with me, and he ordered them to replace all speakers. Problem solved. During this visit they were supposed to replace a broken steering column case. They said they did, but when I got it back it was assembled incorrectly and the steering wheel rubbed against it making a scraping noise and it popped apart within a day.

Later on down the line the car began to suffer from extreme vibrations in the floorboard and seats, and erratic shifting, as well as a fuse that consistently blows leaving the windows and sunroof inoperable. Nalley blamed the vibrations on my tires, and said they found a shorted wire causing the fuse to blow. They said the "tires are balanced" and left a lugnut off of my front wheel. When my car visited Ed Voyles Acura last week, however, these issues were solved without drama. Turns out the car had two broken motor mounts and "internal failure" on the transmission. Nalley made no attempts to even check these things. While Nalley lied to me and said they fixed a shorted wire, Ed Voyles was honest. They replaced the fuse and said they could not find the problem, but that they would have to take on the very labor intense job of finding out what causes the fuse to blow if it does blow again (and it will). They solved all the problems Nalley called normal and even replaced the lug nut Nalley left off - also, they re-ordered the steering column casing and put it together correctly. Ed Voyles solved my car's persistent problems within 2 days... the total time it spent at Nalley was 1 month, in which they caused more problems than they corrected.

Nalley, on my last visit, tried pinning damage to a TSX loaner on me and making me pay for it - despite the fact the TSX damage already existed. They first refused to release my car until I reminded them that neither they nor I truly own it, as it is financed. Then I received a threatening phone call from Joey Kelley, service advisor, saying I owed him $1400 for scratches on the rear of this TSX. When I told him that since no one bothered inspecting the car when it was returned moments before I got it, and since no one was available to even so much as note the mileage on it before I drove it, I wouldn't be paying him a cent - he got really angry saying that not only did they inspect it, but that I did a walkaround with them. Our conversation went like this:

Joey: We inspected the car and YOU walked around with us and agreed there was no damage.

Me: Do you have security cameras?

Joey: (pause) No.

Me: I saw them, yes you do. You better have this walkaround on camera, I'm coming to watch it. Otherwise, I'll see you in court.

Joey: We will fix the car. Just don't come back.

Me: Oh believe me, I won't. And I'll do you one better: I'll make sure everyone I know does not visit your dealership. If you stayed open on the basis of customer service alone, you'd be shut down tomorrow.

I'm filing complaint with BBB against Nalley Acura, and I've already written a lengthy letter to Honda of America regarding my extremely pathetic service from them, as well as their negative attitude towards customers.

sorry to hear what happened to you and your car... you should sue them under the Lemon law .. you're car has or had too many serious problems and the dealer only made them worse
Old 10-05-2005, 06:12 PM
Instructor

I had a horrible experience with Acura of Augusta. The sales manager was a jerk. He said some very crude remarks and tried all kinds of pressure tactics. It was far from what a luxury car shopping experience should be. I took my business elsewhere and could never recommend them.

If you don't mind if the dealer is local/closest, than I recommend price shopping using internet web quotes and/or calling internet sales manager. When I was looking a few months ago, Jacksonville, FL was giving the best deals (and edmunds.com forums had some favorable reviews for the dealership and their internet sales dept). They were quoting significantly less than all GA dealers and had a huge inventory.

Also, I highly recommend you check out: http://carbuyingtips.com/
The Augusta sales manager tried a few of the tactics they describe on me.

I ended up purchasing from Charlotte. They were one of few dealers in the Southeast at the time that had a good collection of 6sp TLs w/ Nav. They had all 3 color combos I was considering too. It wasn't as a good deal as in Jacksonville, FL, but it was closer to home and the only dealer who had the combos I wanted. I finalized the deal over the phone (got some freebie accessories). Drove up there the next morning to sign the paperwork, and I was back home by the afternoon in my new car. It was simple, relaxed, and no pressure tactics. Just the way it should be. We paid ~$34.2k OTD no financing.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:03 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Warren803
I didnt have a good experience at Carland. The korean salesman jerked me around. If you're willing to drive a bit out of the way, Acura of Augusta is awesome. Both me and 2 of my friends got our 2004 and 2005 TL's there. We paid $700 over invoice. Might have to be referred though. I had my friend refer me to Cardell who in turn gave me the exact same deal ($700 over invoice).

can I tell Cardell that I was referred by you
Old 10-06-2005, 09:20 AM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Hello guys.. I live in Georgia, I'm thinking about buying a 06 TL with Navi

Can you post any good or bad experiences that you had at dealers in Georgia?

Thank you

To Ed Voyles Acura; ask for Ben I got my 05 from him. Kevin is pretty cool too, I almost got an 03 TL-S from him back in 2003. Don't deal with Antonio though. He is a jerk.

Nalley sucks, I didn't care too much for Carland either.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:30 AM
Racer

can I tell Cardell that I was referred by you
If you're really interested I can get my friend who referred me, to refer you. He gets $50 bucks out of it for referring people anyways. Basically when I knew what I wanted this is what happened? I got my friend to call Cardell (cool salesguy there) and tell him I was ready to buy, and wanted the same $700 over invoice deal he got. Cardell called me, got the specs of the car I wanted, black on black 2005 6sp TL with navi. He said he had to get it from another dealer but would call when it came in. I think I had to put a little bit of money down by credit card over the phone. He called me a few days later saying it was in. Since its about 1.5 hours away, I told him I would come in on a Saturday to pick it up (they'll deliver it to you on a flatbed for $250 i think). Told him I was in a hurry cuz I had somewhere else to be later that day. He had paperwork all ready, and I was in and out of the dealer in my new TL in about 1-2 hours. This was the most painless car buy I've ever dealt with, cuz by talking to Cardell over the phone, I was avoiding going to the dealer and getting hasseled by sales guys/managers. I'm sure if you're ready to buy, I could get Cardell to get you the same deal. Me and my friends have bought 3 new TL's from him in the last year and half. I'm sure he likes making money off us, especially since we're bringing him easy business. I also got a killer deal on an extended warranty too. I asked for the same deal my friend got it for, which was dirt cheap and the manager said he doesnt know how my friend got it that cheap, but would honor it for me also. My friend basically did all the work. He spent months researching places to find the best deal he could for a TL.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:12 AM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ed Voyles. I brought 3 cars from them. Ask for Michael Iscaro, he is the internet manager.

I brought my 99 TL, 01 MDX, and 05 TL.

And the services dept at Ed Voyles are good too.

Good Luck!
Old 10-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Warren803
If you're really interested I can get my friend who referred me, to refer you. He gets $50 bucks out of it for referring people anyways. Basically when I knew what I wanted this is what happened? I got my friend to call Cardell (cool salesguy there) and tell him I was ready to buy, and wanted the same $700 over invoice deal he got. Cardell called me, got the specs of the car I wanted, black on black 2005 6sp TL with navi. He said he had to get it from another dealer but would call when it came in. I think I had to put a little bit of money down by credit card over the phone. He called me a few days later saying it was in. Since its about 1.5 hours away, I told him I would come in on a Saturday to pick it up (they'll deliver it to you on a flatbed for $250 i think). Told him I was in a hurry cuz I had somewhere else to be later that day. He had paperwork all ready, and I was in and out of the dealer in my new TL in about 1-2 hours. This was the most painless car buy I've ever dealt with, cuz by talking to Cardell over the phone, I was avoiding going to the dealer and getting hasseled by sales guys/managers. I'm sure if you're ready to buy, I could get Cardell to get you the same deal. Me and my friends have bought 3 new TL's from him in the last year and half. I'm sure he likes making money off us, especially since we're bringing him easy business. I also got a killer deal on an extended warranty too. I asked for the same deal my friend got it for, which was dirt cheap and the manager said he doesnt know how my friend got it that cheap, but would honor it for me also. My friend basically did all the work. He spent months researching places to find the best deal he could for a TL.
I'm thinking of getting my 06 in like 3 months. Please e-mail me at Delmiroc@yahoo.com with your friends info so when I go there I can tell him who sent me
Old 10-06-2005, 11:36 PM
Instructor

Delmiroc:

I would say avoid physically going to Acura of Augusta, but like Warren said, just deal with them over the phone. The sales manager, Rick Brady, is a jerk and will try all kinds of pressure tactics when you try to close the deal. He pissed me off enough that I had to take my business elsewhere. Hopefully if you deal with a sales person over the phone, he'll take care of talking to the sales manager and avoid you any aggravation. $700 over is very fair, and they should not give you a hard time.

When I was shopping around for 05s in the southeast a few months ago, the lowest I was quoted was invoice from a Florida dealer (with no haggling or BS fees which surprised me). No GA dealer came close to that price (and I contacted quite a few). I thought it might be a bait and switch, but confirmed with a user on edmunds.com forum that snagged one at that price. They must have stiffer competition or higher volume down there to offer that kind of deal. But the TL is definitely a market value car, and $700 over from a GA dealer isn't bad from my research experience.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:44 AM
4th Gear

Acuraland is Great!

I recently purchased an '05 WDP with Navi from Hugh and Nick at Acuraland. Those two guys are simply awesome to deal with!

I contacted Hugh on a Friday morning and he gave me his price. We negotiated on my trade-in over the phone (on the premise that it was as clean as I stated upon his viewing of the car) and it was a done deal. In fact, when I contacted him on the phone the next morning, I told him I need $500 more on my trade-in. Upon arrival at Acuraland, he met me at the door and told me we had a "done deal". (I guess it worked out for them as they sold my trade-in the next day! The guy lives less than a mile from my house. Kind of eery seeing your old ride cruise the 'hood!)

By 1:00pm, we were cruising down I-85 to have some Chicago pizza on Nick's recommendation at Nancy's. He gave us a coupon for an additional pizza as well. By the way, Nancy's rocked!

I bought an '05 TL with Navi and made two friends that day. Here's how I rate the service on a scale of 1-10:

HONESTY: 10
PERSONABILITY: 10
TL KNOWLEDGE: 10 (Nick knows his TL's)
SALES PRESSURE: 0 (Here is the price, think about it and call us at your convenience)

Tell him that Savage sent ya!

Sothpaw62
Old 10-07-2005, 01:35 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Do you mean Acura Carland?
Old 10-07-2005, 02:25 PM
Ak Ting Up

Great Experience with Baranco Acura !!

I guess not now

Thank you
At Baranco Acura I got a great deal on my 04/TL NAVI with A-spec and LIFETIME FREE oil changes. When the car says its time for an oil change, I schedule, bring it in, they change the oil without question. I can't speak for all the sales people, but the service department is top notch. I had a problem with some new tires making noise. The tire dealer (Tires Plus) said it was the bearings in the wheels. I took the car back to Baranco (without an appointment)and they swapped my wheels with a 05/TL, took me on a test ride to prove its the tires(noise gone with replaced wheels) wrote it all up so I could prove to the tire dealer it was the tires. No charge. they know my name when I come in, wash my car after every visit. On one visit it was raining and they gave me a rain check on the wash (which is a wash, dry, and tire shine). I went back the next week and they washed my car in 30 mins without an appointment. Best of all, most of the service reps and techs drive Acura/Honda products.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Ak Ting Up

One more thing

You'll deal with the sales department once, but you'll deal with the service department everytime you do scheduled maintenance and have a problem, maybe for the life of the car.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:53 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

I agree, it seems like Atlanta area Acura dealers are all pretty decent with the (huge glaring) exception of Nalley.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:00 PM
4th Gear

Yes, my error, it's Acura Car Land. Geesh, you would think that I could remember the name of a business where I dropped $34K. Funny, I remember WalMart and Home Depot, and I don't spend nearly that amount in those stores.

Go get yourself a TL, you won't regret it. And be sure to get the NAVI, you'll regret it if you don't!

Sothpaw62
Old 10-09-2005, 08:43 PM
ULOOZ

Acura Carland for sure
Old 11-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Making offspring in

I second acura of augusta, since thats where i live.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JRTLmaniac
I second acura of augusta, since thats where i live.

Just bought my CPO 06 TL from there last week (Augusta). Nalley Acura don't really follow up on customers who submit interest on vehicles plus they mysteriously get sold in one day. Everytime I submit an interest on one of their TL's they say they don't have that in stock but suggest me another TL and I look at that one and submit my interest on that TL they would write back few days later and say we sold that one and will get back with me later. LOL no loss here
Old 08-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Digging threads out of the grave...carlanddd
Old 09-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Nalley Acura is the shit