Ebay Fog Light install Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 04:53 PM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Ebay Fog Light install Help!

Anyone in the DMV willing to help me with my ebay fog light install. I have installed the lights and wire harness, just having a hard time with getting the lights to come on. I have pre wired the harness into the under the hood fuse box using the 14 pin connector as my ignition/on switch and the 20 pin connector for power. For some reason these fog lights won't turn on nor do I get any power to the switch. Anyone willing to lend a helping hand. This is the eBay fog light set I got.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cl9idflkg8...2012.20.27.jpg
Old 07-31-2014, 01:38 AM
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Are these OEM or off brand?

I would be very cautious about off brand...it may be worth buying OEM or getting a pair off a totaled TSX.

I once installed a pair of off brand foglights in a Civic from eBay, and the interior switch got so hot it caught fire. Luckily the damage was limited to the switch and a small part of the dash, but it could have been a lot of worse.

After that, I sourced OEM only.

Those instructions you posted are umm, inscrutable.

Perhaps the problem is that the TSX foglights are designed to operate only when the headlights are on. They will not come on with just your parking lights on.

However, this really not how fog lights are supposed to work. So most vehicles in other countries allow you to turn on your foglights when your parking lights are on. The idea is that the foglights illuminate UNDER the fog bank level onto the road surface. Regular headlights illuminate the fog and bounce the light back to you. Not as effective.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:54 AM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kixo
Are these OEM or off brand?

I would be very cautious about off brand...it may be worth buying OEM or getting a pair off a totaled TSX.

I once installed a pair of off brand foglights in a Civic from eBay, and the interior switch got so hot it caught fire. Luckily the damage was limited to the switch and a small part of the dash, but it could have been a lot of worse.

After that, I sourced OEM only.

Those instructions you posted are umm, inscrutable.

Perhaps the problem is that the TSX foglights are designed to operate only when the headlights are on. They will not come on with just your parking lights on.

However, this really not how fog lights are supposed to work. So most vehicles in other countries allow you to turn on your foglights when your parking lights are on. The idea is that the foglights illuminate UNDER the fog bank level onto the road surface. Regular headlights illuminate the fog and bounce the light back to you. Not as effective.
The fog lights I have are not O.E.M., also with the O.E.M. switch is located on the turn signal stalk. I am trying to use my current setup as if it was the O.E.M. foglights.