Rear main seal 2002 rl - AcuraZine Community
AcuraZine Acura Forums Home Acura CL Forums Acura ILX Forums Acura MDX Forums Acura NSX Forums Acura RDX ForumsAcura RL ForumsAcura RSX ForumsAcura TL ForumsAcura TSX ForumsAcuraZine ZDX DiscussionAcuraZine Regional DiscussionAcuraZine Off Topic Discussion

Go Back   AcuraZine Community > AcuraZine RLX Community > Second Generation RL (2005-2012)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark All Read ExperienceUsed CarsVendor DirectoryGarage
Search
Welcome to AcuraZine Community

submit to reddit

Old 12-28-2013, 2:09 PM   #1
EdgeCombRL
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: (0)
Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1
Activity: 2.0%
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%
Rear main seal 2002 rl

I recently bought a 2002 Acura RL with 182k on it, the car is in great condition and is a one owner vehicle according to carfax and all the service records the lady left in the car, so far i have only installed new wheels, tires, new rotors, brakes and done a complete tune up. after inspecting the bottom of the vehicle i found that the car has a minor leak coming from around the rear main seal of the car i took the car to the mechanic and he confirmed that it is a rear main seal leak and quoted me 1200 for the job so i figured i will do the job myself i am no expert by no means but i am in the mechanic field in the military and consider myself fully capable of doing the job. my question is do you guys recommend replacing anything else while im there? so far i purchased the following items from the dealership itself: rear main seal, rear main seal plate o-ring, torque convertor seal, torque convertor o-ring and some honda bond. also do you need any special tools? if anyone has any tips or pictures of this job i would greatly aprecite it.

thank you for your time.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Acurazine!
EdgeCombRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 4:34 PM   #2
LeftCorner
SH-AWD
2006 Acura RL

Trader Rating: (1)
Points: 9,990, Level: 66 Points: 9,990, Level: 66 Points: 9,990, Level: 66
Activity: 0.4%
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Be prepared to fight the top exhaust nut on the left A-pipe. Get a good 12mm swivel socket and make sure you have a solid "bite" on it, you don't want to round that one off! Have a good 1/2" drive breaker bar handy to remove the sealing bolt for the extension shaft. To remove the extension shaft you can use a long bolt w/ washer to "pull" it out. As long as you have good mechanical inclination, it's not a difficult task.
LeftCorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 9:37 PM   #3
HEAVY_RL
Registered Member
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: (1)
Points: 13,021, Level: 74 Points: 13,021, Level: 74 Points: 13,021, Level: 74
Activity: 3.5%
Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5%
2002 is a little old for this section. Good luck with the fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by connork53 View Post
Just wondering why you said you were going to call paypal?.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichi d View Post
I bet the bigger wood would feel more better in your hands and better to look at.
HEAVY_RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 9:37 PM
AcuraZine
Acura Integra

Paid Advertisement

submit to reddit

Tags
acura, fix, main, rear, rl, seal