Location (State/Prov):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits (you may select multiples):

Location (State/Prov/Terr):

Item Condition:

SOLD: 2007 Acura TL Type-S Aspec NBP-Perfect Condition-Must See @@Location: Canton, Ohio@@

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 07:30 PM
JJH
Drifting

Received 352 Likes on 254 Posts
Arrow 2007 Acura TL Type-S Aspec NBP-Perfect Condition-Must See @@Location: Canton, Ohio@@

Year: 2007
Make: Acura
Model: TL
Price: $11499
Mileage: 149000
Color: Nighthawk Black Pearl
Location (State/Prov): OH

1. Price: $11,499
2. Mileage: 149,xxx
3. Color, Transmission-auto or manual, Navi: Black, Automatic, with paddle shifters and sport shifter, Navi
4. Reason for selling: Purchased new car
5. Location: Canton, Ohio
7. Are you the first owner? If not, how many owners were there (to the best of your knowledge)? No, 1 other owner.
8a. Title is clean/clear/rebuilt/salvage/if other, explain further (select one): Clean title
8b. Do you have title in hand or it is being held by a lienholder: Lienholder
9. VIN (would be nice to have but I can understand that some people do not want to publicly post this): Will provide on request.
10. Modifications: Bone stock. Has type-s aspec kit.
11. Service record: Will provide everything I have.

I'm selling my 2007 Acura TL-s in nighthawk black pearl. This vehicle is in perfect running condition and 100% up to date on maintenance. The vehicle is still under warranty until February 2014. Tires are nearly brand new at 90% tread life. Exterior is in 9.5/10 condition. There is no denting or scratches on the body. The rear left rim has a little spot of curb rash that is barely noticeable. Paint has been meticulously maintained with proper claying, compounding, polishing, and sealing/waxing. The entire front end was just repainted less than 3 months ago at a local professional body shop due to normal exterior wear and tear from driving. Interior is in 10/10 condition. Leather seats have no tears or cracking. No stains in vehicle. It honestly is like a brand new car inside. You simply would not believe that it has 149,000 miles on it in the condition that it is in. Most importantly, it drives like a brand new car and everything is in perfect functioning condition with nothing broken. This vehicle has the factory OEM aspec kit also. Everything is OEM 100% stock.

3.5L V6 286 horsepower. 5 speed automatic transmission. Plenty of car and great gas mileage. I averaged 23 city and 31 highway miles per gallon.

Please contact me at any time of the day with any questions that you may have. My name is Justin. I can be reached at (three three zero) eight four four - four seven one two. I look forward to speaking with you and encourage you to come check out this vehicle for yourself. It is truthfully bittersweet selling it. My cell phone pictures do not do this car justice.

2007 Acura TL Type-S Aspec NBP-Perfect Condition-Must See @@Location: Canton, Ohio@@-1ar3gdr.jpg
2007 Acura TL Type-S Aspec NBP-Perfect Condition-Must See @@Location: Canton, Ohio@@-cogb5wg.jpg
2007 Acura TL Type-S Aspec NBP-Perfect Condition-Must See @@Location: Canton, Ohio@@-trf7bs8.jpg
2007 Acura TL Type-S Aspec NBP-Perfect Condition-Must See @@Location: Canton, Ohio@@-ma1pmj7.jpg
2007 Acura TL Type-S Aspec NBP-Perfect Condition-Must See @@Location: Canton, Ohio@@-m5gqcfe.jpg
2007 Acura TL Type-S Aspec NBP-Perfect Condition-Must See @@Location: Canton, Ohio@@-g94ape0.jpg
2007 Acura TL Type-S Aspec NBP-Perfect Condition-Must See @@Location: Canton, Ohio@@-zptyvp5.jpg
2007 Acura TL Type-S Aspec NBP-Perfect Condition-Must See @@Location: Canton, Ohio@@-zbw8ddb.jpg
2007 Acura TL Type-S Aspec NBP-Perfect Condition-Must See @@Location: Canton, Ohio@@-dg2npbm.jpg
2007 Acura TL Type-S Aspec NBP-Perfect Condition-Must See @@Location: Canton, Ohio@@-oilcf5z.jpg
2007 Acura TL Type-S Aspec NBP-Perfect Condition-Must See @@Location: Canton, Ohio@@-08oxyhh.jpg
2007 Acura TL Type-S Aspec NBP-Perfect Condition-Must See @@Location: Canton, Ohio@@-ok9frog.jpg
2007 Acura TL Type-S Aspec NBP-Perfect Condition-Must See @@Location: Canton, Ohio@@-i2ljg5v.jpg
2007 Acura TL Type-S Aspec NBP-Perfect Condition-Must See @@Location: Canton, Ohio@@-fncvcad.jpg

Last edited by JJH; 10-20-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:46 PM
JJH
Drifting

Ron, I would like to update the thread to reflect the following:

Title: 2007 Acura TL Type-S Aspec NBP-Immaculate Condition @@Location: Canton, Ohio@@

Please remove this paragraph:
I'm selling my 2007 Acura TL-s in nighthawk black pearl. This vehicle is in perfect running condition and 100% up to date on maintenance. The vehicle is still under warranty until February 2014. Tires are nearly brand new at 90% tread life. Exterior is in 9.5/10 condition. There is no denting or scratches on the body. The rear left rim has a little spot of curb rash that is barely noticeable. Paint has been meticulously maintained with proper claying, compounding, polishing, and sealing/waxing. The entire front end was just repainted less than 3 months ago at a local professional body shop due to normal exterior wear and tear from driving. Interior is in 10/10 condition. Leather seats have no tears or cracking. No stains in vehicle. It honestly is like a brand new car inside. You simply would not believe that it has 149,000 miles on it in the condition that it is in. Most importantly, it drives like a brand new car and everything is in perfect functioning condition with nothing broken. This vehicle has the factory OEM aspec kit also. Everything is OEM 100% stock.

And put this one in its place:
I'm selling my 2007 Acura TL-s in nighthawk black pearl. This vehicle is in perfect running condition and 100% up to date on maintenance. The vehicle is still under warranty until February 2014. Tires are nearly brand new at 90% tread life. Exterior is in 9.5/10 condition. Car has been meticulously maintained. Interior is in 10/10 condition. Leather seats have no tears or cracking. No stains in vehicle. Non smoker, single owner. Drives and feels like a new vehicle.

Thanks!
Old 10-26-2013, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
There's too much good information in the original post for me to change it. Once said, it's hard to retract unless it was an error, so I'm leaving everything as is.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:43 PM
JJH
Drifting

More pictures:

Old 10-28-2013, 09:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 71 Posts
Looks like a great deal, gl with the sale!
Old 10-29-2013, 12:20 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,321 Likes on 1,600 Posts
I agree^
Good luck!
Old 10-29-2013, 07:58 AM
JJH
Drifting

Originally Posted by callahan
Looks like a great deal, gl with the sale!
Originally Posted by MEKO
I agree^
Good luck!
I thought so too but apparently I'm out of my mind for asking $12.5k for this car.

I'm posting this here to hopefully deter the low-ballers. Being offered $8k for my car is comical at best, yet I've had three people now text me all with ridiculous low ball offers.

Granted this is the dealership book value of the car, I think the overall condition that my car is in justifies the price that I am asking for it.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:58 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
$8k is ridiculous for someone to offer you for that car. Man, I wish it was a MT. If I can sell my RL fast enough I may have to jump on it. I love the interior.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:10 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not trying to be an arse but I just searched your car on kbb in your location. And private party value, which is the situation here is 10k in good condition, 10.5k in very good condition. I won't bother mentioning excellent because this isn't. Again not trying to be mean but unless there is proof of thousands on top of thousands of maintenance for everything from new wheel bearings to timing belt,tires,etc... It's not in excellent... I was considering this car for myself and give my wife mine, but the fact that u tried to edit the post to hide that the front end had been painted and the curb damage to the wheel made me wonder what else is hidden. It's a beautiful car and would've loved to come get it if the retail pricing and attempted hiding didn't occur. Gl
Old 11-02-2013, 08:53 PM
JJH
Drifting

Originally Posted by chrisd421
Not trying to be an arse but I just searched your car on kbb in your location. And private party value, which is the situation here is 10k in good condition, 10.5k in very good condition. I won't bother mentioning excellent because this isn't. Again not trying to be mean but unless there is proof of thousands on top of thousands of maintenance for everything from new wheel bearings to timing belt,tires,etc... It's not in excellent... I was considering this car for myself and give my wife mine, but the fact that u tried to edit the post to hide that the front end had been painted and the curb damage to the wheel made me wonder what else is hidden. It's a beautiful car and would've loved to come get it if the retail pricing and attempted hiding didn't occur. Gl
I didn't edit the post to try to hide anything whatsoever. I realized that I may have been over exaggerating the condition that the car is in by saying the word "perfect" and realized this may be a turn-off for someone looking at the advertisement. The car is indeed in immaculate condition relative the mileage that it has on it. There are many local Acurazine members that could attest to this.

As far as the paint job goes, I felt that the information was unnecessary to disclose upfront in the sales ad as it would deter buyers from even giving the vehicle a first look unless I could first explain exactly why the front end was repainted and such without the assumption that it was repainted because it was in a accident. Not including the curb rash information on my edit was an honest mistake, I've got no reason to hide normal wear and tear on a 149k mile vehicle. And just to clarify, this is minor curb damage. Not in-your-face noticeable curb rash that is an eye sore. Again, normal for a vehicle with 149k miles on it.

As for the pricing anomaly, I stated:

Originally Posted by JJH
Granted this is the dealership book value of the car, I think the overall condition that my car is in justifies the price that I am asking for it.
Per the criteria that KBB uses to evalue the condition of a car:

My car meets 8/10 of these standards. The wheels are not "flawless" and it has had the front end repainted. It was repainted professionally by a local body shop and no corners were cut whatsoever. This wasn't some MAACO economy job. I have complete and verifiable service records for the vehicle up until the point of which I purchased it, because I did the maintenance myself. However, the timing belt service and all other big ticket items can be verified with Airport Acura as they have the service records.

I priced my car on the condition that is in, the fact that it carries a powertrain warranty until February of 2014, has a newly installed Aspec kit (much more relevant to members of this forum than anywhere else), and a professional front end paint job. The paint job wasn't due to damage, it was normal wear and tear from having a black vehicle with 149k miles on it. Since the vehicle has had these things done, I've barely put any mileage on it whatsoever as I purchased a new vehicle a month after doing the apsec kit and getting the paint job. I think that the car is priced fairly. I'm sorry that my editing came off as dishonest and as if I was trying to hide something because that is not at all what I was trying to do.

I would also like to add that NADA value on my vehicle for "clean" condition is $12,200 with MSRP being $14.8k.

http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2007/...D-S-3-5/Values

Last edited by JJH; 11-02-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:10 PM
JJH
Drifting

I'll be sure to take pictures of the curb rash on the wheel so there is no concern. I'll go over the other wheels to just to make sure that I'm not missing anything.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
I'm convinced that KBB is absolutely FOS and changes pricing to massage the masses toward either buying/selling used or new. It's not inconceivable? Last year, Type S 20K. Now...10K...give me a break. That big of a hit on depreciation doesn't even happen during the first year.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:12 PM
JJH
Drifting

Originally Posted by rockstar143
I'm convinced that KBB is absolutely FOS and changes pricing to massage the masses toward either buying/selling used or new. It's not inconceivable? Last year, Type S 20K. Now...10K...give me a break. That big of a hit on depreciation doesn't even happen during the first year.
Without asserting too much of a biased opinion, I wouldn't disagree with that at all.

We're in the middle of a paradigm shift with mileage becoming less and less of a concern for newer vehicles, especially a Honda. I wouldn't be surprised if KBB uses the same valuation algorithms for foreign vehicles as they do for domestic vehicles. I'm doubtful that they use any sort of valuation parameter for the "rarity" of a type-s either (I use that term lightly, only to suggest that a TL type-s is not everyday vehicle, not that it's a Ferrari or something lol).

Case in point, 2005 base, non navi TL with 100k miles sold for $14.7k back in December of 2011. Same age as my car at the time. We can cancel the difference in mileage out by the fact that it was a base, non navi and not completely stock. Doesn't seem like my car has proportionally depreciated in comparison.

https://acurazine.com/forums/member-cars-sale-49/my-2005-2008-tl-s-conversion-w-i-p-location-north-eastern-ohio-842774/#post13467295

/Rambling
Old 11-02-2013, 11:03 PM

^^^I think we're saying the same thing. Total concurrence!
Old 11-03-2013, 04:18 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
Question Justin, how does your car have the power train still active? Even with CPO, it's 7yr or 100k.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:23 AM
JJH
Drifting

The warranty is through a third party warranting agency that was offered to me when I purchased the vehicle.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:18 AM
JJH
Drifting

To add to that, I checked with the warranting agency and they confirmed that the warranty is transferable to the new buyer, in case anyone was wondering.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:49 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 831 Likes on 679 Posts
No matter what price you place on the car, someone will always think it's too high. Personally, I would consider the car as excellent, leave it at $12,500 and find no need to even submit a reply to the low ballers or any of the derogatory remarks. Big plus, the car comes with a warranty.

This is the Black Market, a place to list the car for sale, not to debate the price reasoning. If people don't want the car for any reason, just keep out of the thread and let it go.

Good luck with the sale.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:10 AM
JJH
Drifting

Originally Posted by Turbonut
No matter what price you place on the car, someone will always think it's too high. Personally, I would consider the car as excellent, leave it at $12,500 and find no need to even submit a reply to the low ballers or any of the derogatory remarks. Big plus, the car comes with a warranty.

This is the Black Market, a place to list the car for sale, not to debate the price reasoning. If people don't want the car for any reason, just keep out of the thread and let it go.

Good luck with the sale.
Thanks for the advice Turbonut. I see your point.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:59 AM
**The Catfish**

Received 549 Likes on 440 Posts
Looks nice man! Just be patient.. the guys on here are ridiculous with their offers. Youll get your asking price or at least close to it. Especially because the 4g looks like total dog shit stock, this is the best looking budy style for the TL. GLWS man
Old 11-07-2013, 08:55 AM

I learned a heavy lesson when selling my RSX too...I am a fair and direct person and I asked a fair price. I was not willing to negotiate but people just feel the need to get money off. So I will add $2K to whatever I want from my car from now on.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:43 AM
**The Catfish**

^ That
Old 11-11-2013, 03:51 PM
JJH
Drifting

Thanks fellas.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:00 AM
JJH
Drifting

Bump, FYI for anyone that is wondering I would be happy to swap my XXR 530 rims onto the car for sale.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:50 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pretty car. I have been debating selling my 04 tsx( sadly ups just hit me so I need to at least wait till it comes out of shop before trying to sell).

Will keep my eyes on this
Old 11-18-2013, 06:27 PM
JJH
Drifting

Originally Posted by tsx-ness11
Pretty car. I have been debating selling my 04 tsx( sadly ups just hit me so I need to at least wait till it comes out of shop before trying to sell).

Will keep my eyes on this
Awesome
Old 11-23-2013, 02:00 PM
JJH
Drifting

This car is ready to go! 100% perfect mechanical/electrical condition, clean as a whistle, waxed/protected for the winter, tire tread A-okay, and warranted through February!
Old 11-27-2013, 10:08 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
Any luck Justin?

I am looking for a car in a month (Jan), but I wanted a bigger car. I may think about getting the Type-S just not sure.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:15 PM
JJH
Drifting

Just a small update - the car now has just a peck over 150k miles. I let my mother borrow the car for a week because I went on a skiing vacation in the mountains and needed something better in the snow with less worry and for her to let me borrow her 4x4 SUV she needed another vehicle and she couldn't drive my 6 speed type-s so I let her borrow the 5AT type-s.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:09 AM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Bump for a legit seller!
Old 02-27-2014, 07:35 PM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Still for sale? Not on here much you can email me heymikey19 @ yahoo
Old 03-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Man, I just found this thread. If it had 100,000 miles and was a 6 speed I'd buy that right now even with $2,000 higher price tag. From the type S I've seen around that is an excellent price. I'm simply in the market for something lower mileage. Good luck JJH...it looks nice!
Old 03-31-2014, 10:16 AM
JJH
Drifting

Originally Posted by MR Rodgers
Still for sale? Not on here much you can email me heymikey19 @ yahoo
Emailed you.

Originally Posted by JLsTypeS
Bump for a legit seller!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by CB900Fer
Man, I just found this thread. If it had 100,000 miles and was a 6 speed I'd buy that right now even with $2,000 higher price tag. From the type S I've seen around that is an excellent price. I'm simply in the market for something lower mileage. Good luck JJH...it looks nice!
I am lowering the price too Price is now $11,799.00 Ron, can you update the thread please? I need to open up the garage space.

mod edit-updated
Old 04-07-2014, 02:54 PM
JJH
Drifting

Price drop - $11,499. Someone snag this beauty up already!

mod edit-updated
Old 04-15-2014, 06:57 AM
**The Catfish**

Dag Justin... Cant believe this thing hasnt sold yet.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:54 PM
JJH
Drifting

Sold!