Drivers seat memory issue - AcuraZine Community
AcuraZine Acura Forums Home Acura CL Forums Acura ILX Forums Acura MDX Forums Acura NSX Forums Acura RDX ForumsAcura RL ForumsAcura RSX ForumsAcura TL ForumsAcura TSX ForumsAcuraZine ZDX DiscussionAcuraZine Regional DiscussionAcuraZine Off Topic Discussion

Go Back   AcuraZine Community > AcuraZine RLX Community > Second Generation RL (2005-2012)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark All Read ExperienceUsed CarsVendor DirectoryGarage
Search
Welcome to AcuraZine Community

submit to reddit

Old 02-04-2011, 5:59 PM   #1
Mr.Tea
Registered Member
2006 Acura RL

Trader Rating: (0)
Points: 7,579, Level: 58 Points: 7,579, Level: 58 Points: 7,579, Level: 58
Activity: 1.3%
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%
Drivers seat memory issue

Hello Guys, when i have my seat set all the way and decide to save to Memory (1) and decide to move it to any other position and then go back to Memory (1), it never completely goes back to the maximum up position unless i manually move the up button again at the side. It always has some play in the seat to go up, why is this? it it a memory fault issue or a seat defect?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Acurazine!
Mr.Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 9:59 PM   #2
merlin the wrench
Registered Member
Garage is empty, add now

Points: 3,379, Level: 36 Points: 3,379, Level: 36 Points: 3,379, Level: 36
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
my buttons only work when the car is off. Dealer confirmed that as a safety feature. Has to do with say you are driving as #1 and someone accidently presses the fob telling it driver #2 is unlocking the doors so move to #2. They lock the whole feature out once the car is off. I don't like it but that is how my 2006 works. There may be some setting is NAV that change it but since I drive 99% I just set #1 and #2 to my own settings. Poorly thought out design IMHO.
Steve's Racing and Engine Blueprinting
1978 & 1979 SCCA F & G Prod champions -California & Western Region
merlin the wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:12 PM   #3
Mr.Tea
Registered Member
2006 Acura RL

Threadstarter
Points: 7,579, Level: 58 Points: 7,579, Level: 58 Points: 7,579, Level: 58
Activity: 1.3%
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin the wrench View Post
my buttons only work when the car is off. Dealer confirmed that as a safety feature. Has to do with say you are driving as #1 and someone accidently presses the fob telling it driver #2 is unlocking the doors so move to #2. They lock the whole feature out once the car is off. I don't like it but that is how my 2006 works. There may be some setting is NAV that change it but since I drive 99% I just set #1 and #2 to my own settings. Poorly thought out design IMHO.
Merlin, thanks for responding i did not mean pressing the memory while the care is motion but using the power buttons at the side to adjust. There is always extra play in the up position even when that seat is set in memory at the highest position

Last edited by Mr.Tea; 02-05-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Mr.Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:12 PM
AcuraZine
Acura Integra

Paid Advertisement

submit to reddit

Tags
1, 2006, 2010, acura, cl, driver, issue, issues, mdx, memory, rl, seat, set, setting, tl