Intermittent Passenger Side Headlight - AcuraZine Community
AcuraZine Acura Forums Home Acura CL Forums Acura ILX Forums Acura MDX Forums Acura NSX Forums Acura RDX ForumsAcura RL ForumsAcura RSX ForumsAcura TL ForumsAcura TSX ForumsAcuraZine ZDX DiscussionAcuraZine Regional DiscussionAcuraZine Off Topic Discussion

Go Back   AcuraZine Community > AcuraZine CL Community > Second Generation CL Discussion > Problems & Fixes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark All Read ExperienceUsed CarsVendor DirectoryGarage
Search
Welcome to AcuraZine Community

submit to reddit

Old 10-21-2010, 8:57 AM   #1
john08970
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: (0)
Intermittent Passenger Side Headlight

I've got a 2002 CL (not the type S). My passenger side headlight has become intermittent. Sometimes when I turn the lights on, both head lights will come on. Other times, the passenger side will come on for a few seconds then stay off. I don't think it's the bulb. I've been reading something about the ballast for the headlight and called the dealer who wants $450 for the part. Is there anyone out there who can tell me what to replace? The ballast or the bulb?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Acurazine!
john08970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 9:10 AM   #2
HosTL Moderation
AM Flakes still Drippin'
Garage is empty, add now

Points: 5,186, Level: 46 Points: 5,186, Level: 46 Points: 5,186, Level: 46
Activity: 0.4%
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Try swapping the bulbs. If the passenger bulb continues to flicker off, then it is probably the ballast.
HosTL Moderation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 6:24 PM   #3
Rockals
Registered Member
Garage is empty, add now

Points: 4,184, Level: 41 Points: 4,184, Level: 41 Points: 4,184, Level: 41
Activity: 1.1%
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%
Ive got a 01 type s and I have the same problem. Ive replaced both the Hi and Low beam lights...Did no good, so I went and got the ballast. Paid 400.00 new from Acura and I still have the flickering light and my Hi beam comes on but only glows. I have been battling this for a year with no luck.
Can anyone help?
Rockals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:19 PM   #4
kalisto2k1
Registered Member
Garage is empty, add now

Hello,

Get yourself a 12V test light they are around $5.00 at parts stores, and when the headlight does not power on, unplug the clip at the back of the headlight(while you have the headlight switch in the on position) that goes to your HID inverter, and see if you are getting power to the clip. This will rule out any wiring problems you may be having. If you are getting 12V then its your inverter or your ballast.
kalisto2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:19 PM
AcuraZine
Acura Integra

Paid Advertisement

submit to reddit

Tags
2002, acura, cl, failure, headlight, headlights, honda, intermittent, intermittently, issue, passenger, problem, rl, rsx, tl