P0730 Code "gear ratio incorrect" - AcuraZine Community
AcuraZine Acura Forums Home Acura CL Forums Acura ILX Forums Acura MDX Forums Acura NSX Forums Acura RDX ForumsAcura RL ForumsAcura RSX ForumsAcura TL ForumsAcura TSX ForumsAcuraZine ZDX DiscussionAcuraZine Regional DiscussionAcuraZine Off Topic Discussion

Go Back   AcuraZine Community > Acura MDX Community > 1G & 2G MDX Discussion (2001-2013)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark All Read ExperienceUsed CarsVendor DirectoryGarage
Search
Welcome to AcuraZine Community

submit to reddit

Old 06-17-2010, 9:05 PM   #1
kanonball
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: (0)
P0730 Code "gear ratio incorrect"

I have a 2002 MDX and it threw this code the other night on my way home along with the engine light on the dash. After investigating it appears this the beginning of the end of my transmission. Called Acura corporate and got the basic standard canned answers and the suggestion I take it to a dealer. Dealer said it will need a transmission replaced soon to the tune of about $6500 parts and labor. Vehicle has 121,300 miles, past warranty and it doesn't sound like I am going to get any help on the cost. Anybody got any suggestions?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Acurazine!
kanonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 2:13 AM   #2
2xplizit4u
Registered Member
Garage is empty, add now

check to see if the mdx qualifies for the factory recall that it had for the tranny
2xplizit4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 4:56 PM   #3
Majofo
Wishes he owned a..
2012 Nissan GT-R

Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,497 Posts
koobecaf rettiwt nideknil $2PlayNay NSP
Points: 29,310, Level: 99 Points: 29,310, Level: 99 Points: 29,310, Level: 99
Activity: 15.4%
Activity: 15.4% Activity: 15.4% Activity: 15.4%
6500!? Azine vendor had the trans up for <$2k.. look for the thread. Regarding your issue, describe the current shift quality.
Majofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 4:56 PM
AcuraZine
Acura Integra

Paid Advertisement

submit to reddit

Tags
acura, check, cl, code, engine, forums, gear, gears, httpwwwacuratsxcomforumsshowthreadphpt780440, incorrect, light, mdx, p0730, po730, ratio