Small Crease on Bumper - AcuraZine Community
AcuraZine Acura Forums Home Acura CL Forums Acura ILX Forums Acura MDX Forums Acura NSX Forums Acura RDX ForumsAcura RL ForumsAcura RSX ForumsAcura TL ForumsAcura TSX ForumsAcuraZine ZDX DiscussionAcuraZine Regional DiscussionAcuraZine Off Topic Discussion

Go Back   AcuraZine Community > AcuraZine TL Community > Fourth Generation TL (2009-2014)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark All Read ExperienceUsed CarsVendor DirectoryGarage
Search
Welcome to AcuraZine Community

submit to reddit

Old 08-27-2009, 7:41 AM   #1
Crissy78
Registered Member
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: (0)
Small Crease on Bumper

Damn...I can't believe this. Yesterday I found that my bumper has an indentation where the car was assembled. It looks like the edge of the support underneath has pressed against the bumper cover. It's not major but major to me.

Hendrick Acura is supposed to look at this when I take it in tomorrow to have the spoiler put on the car.

IF there is paint involved, how hard is it to match the CBP paint. This place is the size of a dime and there is no paint damage, just the protruding plastic. It almost looks like a reverse ping dent.
Do you guys think they can fix this with heat alone or is paint likely? I'm a little pissy today over this!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Acurazine!
Crissy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 2:19 PM   #2
venom550pm
My beer fridge is in
Garage is empty, add now

Points: 4,487, Level: 42 Points: 4,487, Level: 42 Points: 4,487, Level: 42
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
hmmm. don't know, but black is usually one of th easiest colors to match.
'09 TL SH-AWD Tech, CBP/Ebony - 40% Tint, Ventureshield Clear Bra, Splash Gaurds, Cleared & Blacked Out Headlights V2 by JnC, Taillights by JnC, TSX Lens Swap, Kaixen 6000k Headlight Bulbs, Kaixen 6000k Fog lights, Ron Jon Grill
venom550pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 3:46 PM   #3
SpicyMikey
Go Big Blue!
2012 Acura TL

Points: 9,114, Level: 64 Points: 9,114, Level: 64 Points: 9,114, Level: 64
^^ also the hardest to hide inperfections. The bumper is fiberglass composite material. It flexes a bit. Dealers all have a local "dent guy" they work with to fix crap like this before the sale. Cars get dinged in the lot all the time and they need to clean them up before selling. A good dent guy can fix that in 5 minutes.
SpicyMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 6:24 PM   #4
Crissy78
Registered Member
Garage is empty, add now

Threadstarter
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyMikey View Post
^^ also the hardest to hide inperfections. The bumper is fiberglass composite material. It flexes a bit. Dealers all have a local "dent guy" they work with to fix crap like this before the sale. Cars get dinged in the lot all the time and they need to clean them up before selling. A good dent guy can fix that in 5 minutes.
So you think they can fix the ding on the plastic?

I sure hope so, it's very small, dime size or less. I called and they were very willing to do whatever they need to when I take it in tomorrow.
Crissy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 7:52 PM   #5
SpicyMikey
Go Big Blue!
2012 Acura TL

Points: 9,114, Level: 64 Points: 9,114, Level: 64 Points: 9,114, Level: 64
Of course I can't say for sure but my experience is they can do amazing things without paint.

By the way, a dime sized dimple isn't small. Don't know how much it protrudes but they should address that for you. Maybe there's something behind that bumper cover that is pushing it out. They should fix it or order you a new cover. Don't let them paint it.
SpicyMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 7:52 PM
AcuraZine
Acura Integra

Paid Advertisement

submit to reddit

Tags
big, bumper, car, cover, crease, creased, creases, dent, fiberglass, fix, heat, indentation, protrudes, small, tiny