1998 acura rl rear struts replacement help - AcuraZine Community
AcuraZine Acura Forums Home Acura CL Forums Acura ILX Forums Acura MDX Forums Acura NSX Forums Acura RDX ForumsAcura RL ForumsAcura RSX ForumsAcura TL ForumsAcura TSX ForumsAcuraZine ZDX DiscussionAcuraZine Regional DiscussionAcuraZine Off Topic Discussion

Go Back   AcuraZine Community > AcuraZine RLX Community > First Generation RL (1996-2004)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark All Read ExperienceUsed CarsVendor DirectoryGarage
Search
Welcome to AcuraZine Community

submit to reddit

Old 01-12-2009, 1:50 PM   #1
LoudRLNoise
Registered Member
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: (0)
1998 acura rl rear struts replacement help

First time i having problems with my rl. the dealership told me i needed my rear struts replaced, but the dealership charges so much. Should i get it done at the dealership or at another tire service shop? I'm in the process of replacing all my tires and getting an alignment. My car is getting to that age but i've noticed the ride quality is getting a little bumpy, but my car is still a g ride and i'm gonna ride it to the end.

any help is appreciated
thanks in advance!

rob
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Acurazine!
LoudRLNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 9:29 AM   #2
SPUDMTN
has been here awhile
Garage is empty, add now

Points: 11,804, Level: 71 Points: 11,804, Level: 71 Points: 11,804, Level: 71
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudRLNoise View Post
First time i having problems with my rl. the dealership told me i needed my rear struts replaced, but the dealership charges so much. Should i get it done at the dealership or at another tire service shop? I'm in the process of replacing all my tires and getting an alignment. My car is getting to that age but i've noticed the ride quality is getting a little bumpy, but my car is still a g ride and i'm gonna ride it to the end.

any help is appreciated
thanks in advance!

rob
Rear struts are starting to leak on my 2000 RL as well (I'm thinking the cold temps and bad roads here in MI are contributing). I would suggest holding off on the tires and alignment until after the struts have been replaced. The bad struts (if they're truly shot) are going to screw up your alignment and wear your tires prematurely.

I'm going to get mine done at the dealer--I want OEM struts with Acura trained service. When it comes time to sell, it will help to have a book full of dealer receipts.
SPUDMTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:01 PM   #3
MasterD86
Registered Member
Garage is empty, add now

Hey LoudRL, I'm in Jacksonville too. and I also have bad rear struts on my 98 that need replacing. I already have a set of shocks struts, but don't have any money to get them put on. going to see fi my dad can help me, but should figure out how to get the the bolts to remove them. I beleive you have to take the rear seat out and its near the rear speakers.

I got to get reading on the .pdf service manual some more, but school has been keeping me busy

Go Ospreys! hahah
MasterD86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 1:12 PM   #4
SeamusNH
Registered Member
Garage is empty, add now

Points: 4,346, Level: 41 Points: 4,346, Level: 41 Points: 4,346, Level: 41
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
If you have the tech manual (go to www.pdftown.com; search on "Acura RL"; download the free 40 MB manual) the instructions start on page 18 - 21
SeamusNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 1:12 PM
AcuraZine
Acura Integra

Paid Advertisement

submit to reddit

Tags
1998, 2000, 98, acrua, acura, alignment, back, bolts, car, rear, replace, replacement, rl, struts, stuts, tl