Comptech Supercharger Kit Groupbuy:

Old 04-27-2006, 11:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Comptech Supercharger Kit Groupbuy:

Alright guys, I have had a thread up on Comptech Supercharger prices. However, recently Comtpech raised the dealer cost on these. MSRP has not changed but the cost of what it costs us to buy has increased 5-10%. BUT I want to keep prices low so I have organized an actual Groupbuy. I already have 3 guys who have bought in. I need 2 more guys, TSX or TL, to make this happen. You need to PM me for prices but please don't PM me unless you have funds in hand ready to purchase. I want to have this order ready by the end of the week.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:03 AM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so you want us to have the money ready when we PM you , but you won't tell us how much.. So how do we know if we have enough money?
Old 04-28-2006, 05:10 AM
Team ABP member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ResidualFreedom
so you want us to have the money ready when we PM you , but you won't tell us how much.. So how do we know if we have enough money?

:gheylaugh: good point....however we can guesstimate that it will be around 3k or so
Old 04-28-2006, 07:25 AM
Back in the slow lane.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sxlova07
:gheylaugh: good point....however we can guesstimate that it will be around 3k or so
I would guess around $4500.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:39 AM
Team ABP member

Originally Posted by parshooter
I would guess around $4500.
DAMN! ....are the gains worth it? Having the power thru-out the RPM range I am sure is fun, but what would it be a 40-50hp increase?
Old 04-28-2006, 10:10 AM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by sxlova07
DAMN! ....are the gains worth it? Having the power thru-out the RPM range I am sure is fun, but what would it be a 40-50hp increase?
Straight from the Comptech website:

Acura TL: Supercharger Package

Comptech has developed a supercharger kit for the TL/CL and Accord that increases power by 40 to 60 horsepower at the wheels depending on the model of car. The supercharger uses a “screw type” design that provides consistent boost and compresses the intake charge efficiently with a minimal increase in the intake air temperature. This combination provides almost instant boost that increases low and midrange torque for excellent throttle response. The kit is complete with cast aluminum supercharger manifolds, all mounting brackets, fuel pressure regulator, Ice Box air intake, all necessary hardware and is designed to provide excellent breathing. The kit requires no major modifications and the car can be easily returned to stock.

The kit requires the customer to purchase a new, smaller battery.

The TL / CL and Accord supercharger kits are 50 state emissions legal.

Product enhancements: Additional power and engine response is available with the addition of a Comptech header and cat back exhaust system and our lightweight aluminum flywheel for the CL 6 speed manual transmission car.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:58 AM
Burning Brakes

what does it do for fuel economy?
Old 04-28-2006, 11:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ResidualFreedom
If list is $4495 and you have seen them on ebay for about $4k then use common sense and figure it will be at least be around there. It's not hard to understand that if you don't have at least a few thousand to work with then you don't need to PM me. This Groupbuy is not just pricing. It is an actual GB and the order is being placed within the next 2-3 days. So if you don't have a few thousand ready and are not serious about purchasing then you won't need to worry about pricing. Secondly, the pricing is pretty aggressive so it is better for you and I for me to tell those prices via Private Message.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:38 PM
Racer

Sounds like a commercial to me. Looks like a vendor just trying to get free advertising on this site. Comptech is very strict on there pricing. You might save a few hundred on each unit if you buy a bunch, but there not going to give them away. Trust me I know. I have a wholesale account with them as well. Their products are in high demand nationwide with several of them currently on backorder. They don't need to make deals.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
whatever it sounds like, he is legit and has saved a lot of people money on this board. He doesn't need to get adversting everyone knows he has great prices and service if you live near his shop. He has had this group buy before for the supercharger and now is just relaying information onto us the consumer. I don't know about you but saving a few hundred dollars is never a bad thing.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:09 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by c0v3rr1d3
whatever it sounds like, he is legit and has saved a lot of people money on this board. He doesn't need to get adversting everyone knows he has great prices and service if you live near his shop. He has had this group buy before for the supercharger and now is just relaying information onto us the consumer. I don't know about you but saving a few hundred dollars is never a bad thing.
I have to agree with the above statement. I've done business with him before and he is a stand up guys, not to mentioned that he answers your questions w/o sales pitch, and have competetive prices.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1osunut
Sounds like a commercial to me. Looks like a vendor just trying to get free advertising on this site. Comptech is very strict on there pricing. You might save a few hundred on each unit if you buy a bunch, but there not going to give them away. Trust me I know. I have a wholesale account with them as well. Their products are in high demand nationwide with several of them currently on backorder. They don't need to make deals.
First off, this is not free advertising. I pay to be a vendor on this site. Secondly, no one is trying to play, "Let's make a deal." I am offering prices to those who are really interested in purchasing and who have funds available. If you are not interested please don't crap up my thread. I offer competitive pricing to people on this board and try and give good customer service. The only person trying to get free adveritising on this site is you, b/c for the second time now you have mentioned you are a Comptech dealer and have been trying to sell via PM. So if you have nothing positive to contribute to this thread please stay out of it!
Old 04-29-2006, 09:41 AM
Attorney- Will Sue 4 Food

Originally Posted by Excelerate
First off, this is not free advertising. I pay to be a vendor on this site. Secondly, no one is trying to play, "Let's make a deal." I am offering prices to those who are really interested in purchasing and who have funds available. If you are not interested please don't crap up my thread. I offer competitive pricing to people on this board and try and give good customer service. The only person trying to get free adveritising on this site is you, b/c for the second time now you have mentioned you are a Comptech dealer and have been trying to sell via PM. So if you have nothing positive to contribute to this thread please stay out of it!
We need people advertising on this site, nothing wrong with that. I just ordered an intake, headers, full exhaust, and pulleys from him. If I hadnt seen people vouching for him in all my searches, I would ordered from the big sites and have paid about $150--$200 more on the same stuff.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Banned

^^ u havent looked around....lol i seen better prices in lots of places compared to excelerate..
Old 04-29-2006, 05:32 PM
Team ABP member

That might be the case PenancE, however sometimes its more than that. I have heard nothing but good said about Excelerate, businesswise and personally. Sometimes its worth that small amount to go with someone you know who will help you out with a product you purchase. Plus he is a AZ supporter
Old 04-29-2006, 10:47 PM
Advanced

excelerate, what evidence leads you to believe that these trannies, can withstand this power increase? are you advising the customers, to buy a ct tranny cooler, and switch to redline high temp atf, and comptech water wetter?
Old 04-29-2006, 10:50 PM
318whp/289wtq @ 6psi

transmissions are failing because of the 3rd gear clutch pack and not because of power....

My transmission is holding fine w/o slipping and I have over 400hp ....318whp on the dyno that is...
Old 04-30-2006, 12:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by smooth~silver_type_s
excelerate, what evidence leads you to believe that these trannies, can withstand this power increase? are you advising the customers, to buy a ct tranny cooler, and switch to redline high temp atf, and comptech water wetter?
Our trannies arent breaking from power. They are more than strong enough to handle a SC. Its the 3rd gear clutchpack thats just plain under designed
Old 04-30-2006, 04:11 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd definitely vouch for Excelerate all day long. Will definitely work with you and he is there to support us. Being a former CL owner, he knows what we are looking for and has done the looking for himself, so he knows what the competitve prices are and how "high in demand" comptechs products are. I've been to his shop in CT when my bypass valve on my AEM cracked and ended up picking up a new Injen intake for a great price and I am also inquiring about Rotora rotors from him now. Regaurdless, this thread is not to question the reputation of Excelerate...it's to make people aware of the SC GB since some people don't frequent other sections of this forum. Thanks for your input though.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:55 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 1osunut
You truely dont know what the fuck you are talking about man. Ease up and get educated on the matter.....as you shit on the guy helping make it possible for you to participate in this forum.

Excelerate....I truely am sorry there are people out here like this.....just know this is NOT representatitive of most of the members......

BTW....thinking about supercharger myself for 3G......gotta get it on before the 15th of May though or I cant change my setup prior to competition I am getting into.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Guys I appreciate the support. Mike, I know those few don't represent the masses but you can't please everyone. Thanks for the backup though.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:10 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Our trannies arent breaking from power. They are more than strong enough to handle a SC. Its the 3rd gear clutchpack thats just plain under designed
"heat" kills automatic transmissions. The 3rd gear clutch packs were "burning", with honda seeing temps of 400+ degrees before failure. There is not doubt that there is a more than just a correlation between more power through the trans and heat. More mechanical energy transferring into heat energy. I'm just warning about the obvious reliability issues that comes with supercharging a car with a bad tranny, and advising on following up on comptech's recipie: CT SC+ CT trans cooler+ redline high tem atf+ lubeguard+ CT water wetter. All items should be available for purchase from excelerate.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:34 AM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm in, thanks for putting this together.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:28 PM
Banned

1 stupid question
This supercharger fits both 2G and 3G or only 3G? And if only 3G where can i find OR Do you sell 2G supercharger?
Old 07-22-2007, 10:43 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by lostkhan
1 stupid question
This supercharger fits both 2G and 3G or only 3G? And if only 3G where can i find OR Do you sell 2G supercharger?

um threads a yr old, comptech closed its doors
Old 07-22-2007, 11:01 PM
Thread Police Chief

Originally Posted by Phrosttz0
um threads a yr old, comptech closed its doors
temporarily.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Your mom is in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by adamlee05
temporarily.

lol yea...they're going through a transitional period...
Old 07-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by lostkhan
1 stupid question
Well since this was made in 2G id say it was for 2G TL's