How do you take off locks for the rims without the key??? - AcuraZine Community
AcuraZine Acura Forums Home Acura CL Forums Acura ILX Forums Acura MDX Forums Acura NSX Forums Acura RDX ForumsAcura RL ForumsAcura RSX ForumsAcura TL ForumsAcura TSX ForumsAcuraZine ZDX DiscussionAcuraZine Regional DiscussionAcuraZine Off Topic Discussion

Go Back   AcuraZine Community > AcuraZine TL Community > Second Generation TL (1999-2003)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark All Read ExperienceUsed CarsVendor DirectoryGarage
Search
Welcome to AcuraZine Community

submit to reddit

Old 07-28-2001, 1:06 PM   #1
TimmyzTL
Registered Member
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: (0)
Angry How do you take off locks for the rims without the key???

I am totally pissed. F*ckin idiots at Texaco Express lube broke my lock key for my rims inside one of my locks(passenger side rear) I live in a sh*t hole place with a bunch of idiotic people working at tire shops. I have gone to many different tire places and they said the only way to get it off is to chisel it off. I went to PEPBOYS and they said they have a tool for removing the locks but they wouldnt be able to take it off because of how the lugs and locks set in deep within the rim. Need help.......
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Acurazine!
TimmyzTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2001, 2:28 PM   #2
wiggingboy
Registered Member
Garage is empty, add now

what kinda rims do you have on ur car?? if its stock, you can use a needle nose vise-grip plyer and take it out. same thing happen to me but on my stock rims not after market.
Why dont you make them pay to take it off. they messed it up.
wiggingboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2001, 3:12 PM   #3
TimmyzTL
Registered Member
Garage is empty, add now

Threadstarter
hey thanks for the reply, got the key out of my back rim, I will just probably order a new key for my locks, but I did get them to pay for a new set of locks, so I did get that out of them. Hopefully I wont get a flat until I get my new key.
Old 07-28-2001, 3:14 PM   #4
TimmyzTL
Registered Member
Garage is empty, add now

Threadstarter
and yeah, they are the stock lock and lugs. Will the plyer be able to take off the whole lock or will I still need the key.
Old 07-28-2001, 3:23 PM   #5
wiggingboy
Registered Member
Garage is empty, add now

the plyer should be able to grip on the lug tight eoungh to turn it out. you have the factory locks rite? you should work. mite mess up ur rims a lil bit, but aleast it come offs
wiggingboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2001, 5:16 PM   #6
Nate
Registered Member
Garage is empty, add now

Points: 14,659, Level: 78 Points: 14,659, Level: 78 Points: 14,659, Level: 78
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
*pliers.
NatesTL.com 2001 Silver TL (non-navi). Mods: 19x8.0 +47 Alstadt Legart (IV) w/ Yokohama AVS Sport 235/35ZR19 - SuperCrystal lug nuts - Inspire wood steering wheel - Inspire tails - Inspire door rails - 2 burlwood dash kits & shift knob - TL-S AC wood trim - Alumapro BP-10 sub & ZX400TI Phoenix Gold amp - 6.4" Santeca monitors in the sunvisors - custom integrated PS2 install - Python 1500 ESP (remote start, all windows up & down, sunroof closes, prox, etc) - every dash and switch bulb replaced with blue LEDs (see The LED Project) - blue indiglo pedals - Factory spoiler & body kit - Mugen grill w/ custom mesh - custom meshed fog holes - Black chrome emblems - Solaris 9005 high beams - Polarg front signals, license plate, trunk & map lights - MiniMax dome light - All season mats - AEM short ram intake - Comptech sways, springs, headers & exhaust - Denso iridium spark plugs - custom Apex'i V-AFC install in the sunglass holder - Crossdrilled rotors (front & rear) - Axxis Metal Master brake pads (front & rear).
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2001, 10:11 PM   #7
thebeginning99
Registered Member
Garage is empty, add now

i dont know what kind of locks you have... but when i bought mine they came w/ a serial number .... and u can order a new key w/ that number .... hope that helps

WW Body Kit
Gutter Guard Grill
Burl Wood Shift Knob

Future:
Comptech Springs
Inspire Lights
Fogs - PIAA
Subwoffers
thebeginning99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2001, 10:23 PM   #8
Shoofin
Senior Moderator
2011 Cadillac SRX
My Garage

Eddie Shacalo
Points: 54,123, Level: 100 Points: 54,123, Level: 100 Points: 54,123, Level: 100
Activity: 3.0%
Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0%
Good luck.....That's all I can say......
Ed :o
Old 07-28-2001, 10:23 PM
AcuraZine
Acura Integra

Paid Advertisement

submit to reddit

Tags
car, custom, key, keys, kind, lock, locks, lugs, make, offof, riims, rim, rims, sell, tool