"The Adobinizer" - Adobeman's 2.0 to 5.1 Audio Converter for DVD-A

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 02:25 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by dbett
Adobeman:

Somewhat off topic, but if I get your DVDA GUI, is there any reason I need (to pay for) the DVD Solo program?

I've tried DVD Solo and it works - as long as I save to an .iso file and then use Nero to burn the DVD. But just looking at the interface on your DVDA GUI, I think I would prefer to use that. Especially the way it makes creating different groups much more intuitive than with DVD Solo. And it looks like it replaces DVD Solo (except for the direct burn to DVD function) and adds a bunch of nice options.

I'm not missing something am I?
For the files created by the Adobinizer you will need the Cirlinca program because my GUI will not work with more than 2 channel content and the Adobinizer outputs 6 channel wavs. As far as "replaces DVD Solo" I'd have to say that Solo is more capable in many ways. All my GUI does is integrate a bunch of freeware tools. I appreciate the comments though.

P.S. I don't like the way Solo does groups either. That's why I did it differently.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:32 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info. Guess I'll pay for DVD Solo, since I plan on using you Adobinizer to create some 5.1 discs from some of my favorite CDs.

And thanks for the great tools.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Advanced

Yo Adobeman

Originally Posted by Adobeman
For the files created by the Adobinizer you will need the Cirlinca program because my GUI will not work with more than 2 channel content and the Adobinizer outputs 6 channel wavs. As far as "replaces DVD Solo" I'd have to say that Solo is more capable in many ways. All my GUI does is integrate a bunch of freeware tools. I appreciate the comments though.

P.S. I don't like the way Solo does groups either. That's why I did it differently.
Yo Adobeman,

Sweet scripts. I'd been fooling aorund with Plogue Bidule to convert 2 ch to 5.1.

Quick ? for ya. I created 3 groups using Cirlinca for the comparison of different scripts. I lowered my burn speed down to 4x, but group 3 still skips and wont play. Its not the music, it has to be something with DVDSOLO.

Has this happened to you?
Old 05-06-2006, 11:31 PM
Advanced

Adobeman.....another quik ? for ya

I've made 3 coasters now. The first coasters Ive made with dvd solo actually.

I put all 29 songs I created into 1 group (small club vbs) and burned it to dvd using cirlinca.

I converted the mp3 to wave using dp powerconverter (same as I always do), then used your script to make small club 6 channel. It seems some of the files arent translating correctly. Some of the files I burned wont play at all after making them 6 channel, but when I use DVDSOLO to make a dvda with the same 2 channel wave, it plays fine. So it doesnt seem the source is the issue and some of the files play great. They all play (6 channel waves) on the pc great too.

I've also tried making an iso and burning that instead of using dvdsolo to burn.

Any ideas?

Also, I'm using the same memorex dvd -r Ive always used iwth succcess.

I'm lost. Any ideas?

A couple of the files have a small skip in the 1st 5 secs then play fine in the car. Then some wont play at all in the acura.

Thanks
Old 06-02-2006, 12:35 AM
Cruisin'

How many songs can you fit on one DVD-A disc using the Adobinizer?

Adobeman,

I ask this because right now DVD-A Solo is only letting me put 8 songs on the disc before it says it is filled up. I'm using a DVD-R. Or does this mean I do not have enough hard disc space to complete the project? Shouldn't I be able to get something like 80-90 songs on one disc?
Old 06-02-2006, 06:14 AM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Originally Posted by ctrain1
Adobeman,

I ask this because right now DVD-A Solo is only letting me put 8 songs on the disc before it says it is filled up. I'm using a DVD-R. Or does this mean I do not have enough hard disc space to complete the project? Shouldn't I be able to get something like 80-90 songs on one disc?
Since these are 6 channel wav files you won't be able to get as many on a disk as if they were 2 channel. In general you will only fit about 1/3 as many songs. So I would expect that typically you can get 20 to 30 songs on a single-layer DVD depending on the length of the songs. How long are the 8 songs ?

Check the output files in the "multiChannelOutput" directory and see how big the files are you want to burn. Generally they are about 150 to 250 megs for typical songs.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:02 PM
Cruisin'

Adobeman,

OK. I'll check that out tonight when I'm home from work.

So with your DVD-A GUI I should be able to get a lot more on one disc since it's only 2 channel stereo that's been burned, correct?

Thanks for your help!!

ctrain1
Old 06-02-2006, 08:34 PM
Cruisin'

Adobeman,

I just checked and all the songs are between 100-200 MB. Any thoughts on why DVD-A Solo isn't letting me put more than a handful of songs on one disc?
I only have about 9 GB of hard drive space free right now if this makes any difference.

Appreciate your thoughts.

ctrain1
Old 06-03-2006, 09:26 AM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Originally Posted by ctrain1
Adobeman,

I just checked and all the songs are between 100-200 MB. Any thoughts on why DVD-A Solo isn't letting me put more than a handful of songs on one disc?
I only have about 9 GB of hard drive space free right now if this makes any difference.

Appreciate your thoughts.

ctrain1
You might have upsampling turned on. this would cause Solo to remaster your songs into much bigger versions when making disks. IMHO there is no need or benefit in doing this.

In Solo,
Click the Project button in the Control panel on the right of the screen.
Click the Enhance tab at the top of the panel.
Make sure the Enable default upsampling checkbox is not checked.

If that's not it then I'm not sure what it is.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:14 AM
Cruisin'

You were absolutely right! Turned off upsampling and now I'm getting 35 songs on a disc. Thanks a bunch for your help and for sharing the Adobinizer with all of us!
Old 06-04-2006, 10:12 AM
3rd Gear

I appear to need serious help. I burned 11 coasters so farand still no luck.
I have no problem coverting wav files to 6 channel but when i go to burn disc it does what it should , then spits out a burnt blank dvd.
Any help would be greatly appriciated.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:41 AM
Cruisin'

Thanks Adobeman!

I made three DVD-A 5.1 discs over the weekend with your "Adobinizer" scripts and DVD-Audio Solo. I prefer smallclub.

BTW, I guess I'm one of the few who is having success with DVD+R media. I'm using GQ DVD+R 8x and DVD-Audio Solo is burning at 6.1 speed.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:36 AM
Advanced

+R and +RW

Originally Posted by Gdog
I made three DVD-A 5.1 discs over the weekend with your "Adobinizer" scripts and DVD-Audio Solo. I prefer smallclub.

BTW, I guess I'm one of the few who is having success with DVD+R media. I'm using GQ DVD+R 8x and DVD-Audio Solo is burning at 6.1 speed.

I use +R and +RW by changing the book type in Nero to ROM from +r

It will work
Old 06-11-2006, 08:02 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Gdog

I am also using Philips +R will success. Thanks for your script .

Have anybody tried to place "still picture" using DVD-Audio Solo on the track? I have placed couple of pictures but the pictures didn't appear during the "play".
Old 06-12-2006, 08:44 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Originally Posted by notes
I am also using Philips +R will success. Thanks for your script .

Have anybody tried to place "still picture" using DVD-Audio Solo on the track? I have placed couple of pictures but the pictures didn't appear during the "play".
I've done them a few times to help Cirlinca test them. They worked on my DVD players in my house just fine. If you are expecting that they show on the in car Nav screen they will not.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:10 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,019 Likes on 2,497 Posts
I made my 1st Adobeman DVD-A this morning with DVD Audio Solo, easy to use and works great.

Thank you very much for all your effort creating this.

When I get some time I'll have to play around with your DSP algorithmn a little, always fun to play around with audio processing (beats working on radar DSP anyday).
Old 06-14-2006, 11:50 PM
2nd Gear

I've done them a few times to help Cirlinca test them. They worked on my DVD players in my house just fine. If you are expecting that they show on the in car Nav screen they will not.
Thanks for clarifying about the pictures on DVDA.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:27 AM
Got Rice?

Originally Posted by Don/Steph
I appear to need serious help. I burned 11 coasters so farand still no luck.
I have no problem coverting wav files to 6 channel but when i go to burn disc it does what it should , then spits out a burnt blank dvd.
Any help would be greatly appriciated.
Some how I've been managing to do the same thing. Only diff is I stopped at 2 disks. What am I doing wrong?
Old 10-03-2006, 01:02 AM
Got Rice?

Originally Posted by Ninjaboi
Some how I've been managing to do the same thing. Only diff is I stopped at 2 disks. What am I doing wrong?
Nvm, I figured it out. After burning ISO to hard drive with Cirlinca, I Had to use another program to burn ISO from hard drive to DVD (DeepBurner). Thanks Adobeman for the great conversion utility.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:47 AM
Supercharged 2005 TL NBP

it won't let me open the file it said corrupted and stuff like that
~Jason
Old 10-03-2006, 06:09 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Originally Posted by Ninjaboi
Nvm, I figured it out. After burning ISO to hard drive with Cirlinca, I Had to use another program to burn ISO from hard drive to DVD (DeepBurner). Thanks Adobeman for the great conversion utility.
No problemo. Glad you got it working. Seems as though many folks are finding DeepBurner to be the trick. Truth is I load the multichannel wavs into Cirlinca and burn directly to DVD-R without issue. Guess I'm lucky.

Originally Posted by Aznpersuasion
it won't let me open the file it said corrupted and stuff like that
~Jason
"the file" ... which file? THe zip? or one of the vbs files? Somehting else?

" it said corrupted and stuff like that" Try and describe the message a bit better please.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:05 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Thank you, Adobeman!!!
After reading up on the previous posts and the thought of having hundreds of tracks on a single DVD, I decided to d/l your GUI and give it a shot myself.

For my test disc, I created a playlist with 35 tracks. I only got as far as the program writing to the temp folder, then it crashed on me..... Re-started the program and after patiently waiting about 75 min., I was finally able to get to the burning phase of the process. When I got to this point DeepBurner would not burn the .iso... ... Tried one more time with Nero, grabbed a DVD+R (TDK, I think) and I was off and running. About 12 min. later, I'm listening to my home-made DVD-A disc in my TL.

Outstanding work, Adobeman!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Old 11-04-2006, 02:31 AM
8th Gear

Help

"the file" ... which file? THe zip? or one of the vbs files? Somehting else?

" it said corrupted and stuff like that" Try and describe the message a bit better please.
I'm receiving the same error message. Here's what it says:
Window Script Host
Script: C:\Documents and Settings....etc...
Line: 19
Char: 13
Error: The system cannot find the file specified
Code: 80070002
Source: (null)

* It was mentioned earlier that there might be software which might block the use of .vbs files; what kind of software would that be?
* Then there was mention of "run a path w/o spaces or change L19"...how would you change that path on the .vbs file? I already know that the error message is popping up because I have no idea how to change the path of the file...

I'm on XP Pro 2002...any help you can provide would be great! Thank You~!

I can't wait to get this conversion to work!!
Old 11-04-2006, 06:33 AM
The DVD-A Script Guy

I think you need to do the patch described here in post 15 of this thread.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...6&postcount=15
Old 11-04-2006, 10:29 AM
8th Gear

how do you do that?

I'm sure you can tell.... and I thought I was pretty savvy on computers, until now.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:20 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Originally Posted by AmayaG
how do you do that?

I'm sure you can tell.... and I thought I was pretty savvy on computers, until now.
No problem. I fixed the files and put them upon my site. Download the zip file again and you will have the fixed files.
it at http://home.comcast.net/~adobeman/Ad...Adobinizer.zip
Old 11-05-2006, 03:53 PM
8th Gear

No problem. I fixed the files and put them upon my site. Download the zip file again and you will have the fixed files.
it at http://home.comcast.net/~adobeman/Ad...Adobinizer.zip
I BOW DOWN!

Thank you SO much Adobeman! First disc, burned perfectly with Sony DVD-Rs...LOVE IT!

I really appreciate all your help getting this to work and for all the help you've given everyone on this board...you rock!
Old 11-06-2006, 12:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Works very well, made two DVD's one club & one large, thanks once again for your effort. Will you be doing any additional effects or a "how to edit" to create additional effects?

I would like to take a shot at it but have no idea what the proper delays etc are.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:21 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Works very well, made two DVD's one club & one large, thanks once again for your effort. Will you be doing any additional effects or a "how to edit" to create additional effects?

I would like to take a shot at it but have no idea what the proper delays etc are.
It was all trial and error. I was first trying to be scientific about it and estimate slap-back echo times off of a "rear wall" but then realized that reverb and echo are close cousins but not actually the same thing. In a large room there is so much bouncing around and modeling it is really complex. So I winged it.

After small and large club I'm not sure what other effects I'd like to do since I don't really like effects like "arena", "church" and "stadium". Anything smaller than small club is too little effect for me.

The flow diagrams of what the code does are in this thread on post #8. There is a lot of manipulation but the toughest part is balancing the levels. I did it with only a 2 channel pc setup. If I was to try some more I'd first upgrade to a 5.1 pc setup.

Things I might try:
  • "Bright" versions of the large and small club by removing the low pass filters on the SL and SR.
  • Mess around with some of SoX's other features like chorus or dynamic range expansion (for older tracks with less range)
  • Mess around with equalization a bit more

That's provided there is time.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:28 PM
Advanced

Excellent work! I was wondering how I could do this, and you've answered my question. I'm going to give the demo a shot, see if the quality vs. cost is worth it, and hopefully burn myself a nice set of DVD-Audio discs. Now if only I hadn't let my wife take my TL to work today...

Thank you for giving your time and code to the community!
Old 11-15-2006, 02:17 PM
Advanced

I've burned a variety of tracks onto my first DVD-R, and it worked perfectly the first time. I slowed down the burning to 4x, burned it, stuck it in the car, and I was surprisingly impressed by the difference in spatial relations. The sound quality, per se, didn't sound any "better," but it definitely was much better placed in the car. I'll be sticking with the "small" version for all the DVD-As going forward, as the "large" seemed to muddy the bass drums too much (especially the marching band music I burned).

Thanks again!!
Old 11-15-2006, 04:01 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Originally Posted by 2002Dawg
I've burned a variety of tracks onto my first DVD-R, and it worked perfectly the first time. I slowed down the burning to 4x, burned it, stuck it in the car, and I was surprisingly impressed by the difference in spatial relations. The sound quality, per se, didn't sound any "better," but it definitely was much better placed in the car. I'll be sticking with the "small" version for all the DVD-As going forward, as the "large" seemed to muddy the bass drums too much (especially the marching band music I burned).

Thanks again!!
Yeah, I would think the drums would have some loss of definition because of the extra reverb in the "large" version. I bet they all merge in a mess...and that's why they play outside and not in a large hall It really does depend on the music. Some Jazz Sax sounds really cool with the large mix.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:18 PM
Cruisin'

It took me several coasters to get the original right but I got the 5.1 sound on the first try....it sounds great!! I prefer small club...large club a little too heavy.

Thanks for your efforts, it's a nifty program.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:03 PM
2nd Gear

You say "click", but you are double-clicking...right?
1) Do you get any messages at all ?
2) Does the file in the "2channelSource" directory end in .wav ?
3) Do you have any software that might be blocking the the use of .vbs (vbscript) files ?
4)What operating system ?
5) If you do a right-click-properties on one of the .vbs files does it say "Type of File: VBScript Script File: and "Opens With: Microsoft (r) Windows Based Script Host" ? It should.

When you double click the .vbs files you should see a window open and a log like the one below start to print out to the screen.
Adobeman --- Thanks for figuring out the 5.1 thing and putting this together the Adobinizer. I love the ingenuity.
Second --- I hate to admit it, but can you offer any advice? I've downloaded and extracted the latest/greatest version. I extracted to my root (C:\) directory, so .wav file is in "c:\Adobinizer\2channelSource\" directory. To answer your questions above:
1) Nada. Nothing. No message at all.
2) Yes
3) Don't know. Have you heard of any that do block the running of scripts?
4) XP SP2
5) Yes

I've checked the task manager, and wscript.exe runs for 3-4 seconds when I double click on the .vbs.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-30-2007, 06:37 PM
2nd Gear

Adobeman, Great program!!! Used Abonizer to convert to 6 channel and used solo to burn, Worked great. Thanks alot. I haven't tried large club yet.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:47 PM
2nd Gear

Thumbs up Adobinizer vs. Dolby Prologic II

Hey Adobeman, thanks a lot for sharing this program. Works very nicely. Just bought a 2006 and had thought of getting a 2007 for its new radio features. But I really wanted the 6MT and didn't want to spring for a Type-S. I'm curious if anyone has compared your program with the prologic feature on the 07's that is supposed to give CD's a surround effect.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:37 AM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Originally Posted by tlpetey
.. I'm curious if anyone has compared your program with the prologic feature on the 07's that is supposed to give CD's a surround effect.
I'm curious too. I'm not a big fan of simulated surround sound so that means I'm not a big fan of my own Adobinizer ....oops did I just say that ? Let me clarify that. It's fun to play with that stuff but since the effect is so dependent on the songs you are playing it is hard to make a one size fits all algorithm. With actual DVD-A and other discreet multichannel stuff each song is mixed so the results are exactly as the producers desire. With after-the-fact filters and software it is a crap shoot. It's all for fun....

But it is interesting to hear that there is a ProLogic feature in the 07. I wonder how many sound fields/genres it has?
Old 02-26-2007, 07:51 PM
2nd Gear

Had my TL in for service today and got a 07 TL loaner car. So I got to play with the Dolby a little bit, although I unfortunately had only one CD with some downloaded pop tunes on it. Unlike a typical home receiver, it only had a on/off control for the ProLogic feature. When on, it did make the sound field seem wider, but it became less defined and the volume dropped. Interestingly, it didn't seem to add any delay in the rear speakers. Overall, I didn't like it much. But it was a pretty limited test.

I thought Adobinizer did better at adding some effect without muddying the sound - especially high frequencies. I have noticed that bass loses its punch some, especially drums on a pop tune. I would think that could be improved some with adjustments to the filter cutoff frequencies, but haven't had time to play with it.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:22 PM
2nd Gear

Solo

Abonizer or anyone. Are there any certain settings on DVD Solo that I should adjust before burning? Such as under record tab source input, rate/bits, channels, directx,silence detection. Should I mess with any of that which might make the DVD's I burn better.

Thanks
Old 03-25-2007, 06:42 PM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
How do I install it?

Quick Reply: "The Adobinizer" - Adobeman's 2.0 to 5.1 Audio Converter for DVD-A