Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Headlight Fogs HELP!

Old 08-22-2014, 04:17 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Stock Headlight Fogs HELP!

Hi zine!

Im trying to put Hid on the stock fogs on the headlights and i bought some HID Kit 3k 9006 and Relay.

My question is i just saw the headlights and saw something that covers the fog bulb, i need to remove this ? or it doesn't matter at all ? and i think to remove this piece i need to open the headlight oven?? or there's another way?

& i need to remove the bumper and headlight to install it?

This is the piece im talking about.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:25 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
U should never have to remove that piece, if the light kit u have is the correct one.

Period
Old 08-22-2014, 04:41 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CL-S progression 01
U should never have to remove that piece, if the light kit u have is the correct one.

Period
i just bought some aftermarket HID Kit on ebay with the correct bulb size 9006.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:01 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

So then the bulb should fit in there no problem and secure using the same method as the bulbs your remove.

U will just need to wire in the ballasts
Old 08-22-2014, 07:18 PM
Safety Car

Received 765 Likes on 550 Posts
Please do not remove that cap.

It is there so you DO NOT BLIND PEOPLE.

Try staring directly into a fully illuminated bulb. It will hurt your eyes.

Now imagine staring directly into a HID bulb which is even brighter than a halogen bulb.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:19 PM
Instructor

So then the bulb should fit in there no problem and secure using the same method as the bulbs your remove.

U will just need to wire in the ballasts
Ok thanks
Old 08-22-2014, 08:19 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by vietxquangstah
Please do not remove that cap.

It is there so you DO NOT BLIND PEOPLE.

Try staring directly into a fully illuminated bulb. It will hurt your eyes.

Now imagine staring directly into a HID bulb which is even brighter than a halogen bulb.
Oh i see, thanks for your comment.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:12 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by iiamchili
i just bought some aftermarket HID Kit on ebay with the correct bulb size 9006.
9006's are not HID's. They are incandescent lamps.

HID lamps (High Intensity Discharge) operate on an entirely different principle than do incandescent lamps. They use metal salts which when exposed to an electrical current, become excited and emit a bright light. Incandescent lamps make use of a filament that is resistant to current flow and become hot and bright when a current is passed through them.

The 9006 lamp is a "low beam" lamp commonly used in dual headlamp incandescent configurations. For our fogs, consider a brighter lamp to both put more light down in front of the car and out to your peripheral area.

Last edited by SouthernBoy; 08-26-2014 at 06:17 AM.
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (08-26-2014)
Old 08-26-2014, 08:12 AM
Drifting

Received 591 Likes on 441 Posts
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy
9006's are not HID's. They are incandescent lamps.
The 9006 lamp is a "low beam" lamp commonly used in dual headlamp incandescent configurations. For our fogs, consider a brighter lamp to both put more light down in front of the car and out to your peripheral area.
Now now, there is no need for proper logic here. You are well aware there is no logic for many people regarding lights other than it needs to match my other lights.

I completely agree with you though. Too many people cramming HIDs or LEDs into housings they were never meant for. It may look cool/pretty/pimp or what ever to you the driver, but quite often you are just sending glare into the eyes of oncoming traffic. HID bulbs do not match up with the same lighting characteristics of the incandescent bulbs they are sold as replacements for. The filaments or light producing regions are not in the same location on the bulb and therefore the reflector housings do not send the light in the same direction as the design intended.
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (08-26-2014)
Old 08-26-2014, 08:33 AM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

I thought hid (high intensity discharge) lights use a gas sort of like how neon works. When u excite to molecule with current they create light. ... Anyways no big deal there

Lol my brother yesterday was talking about the same lights on his car.

I think those are actually the daytime running lights.. Cause they come on in the day no matter what and only have on or off. On my CL those are the drl and the high beams.

The lower lights in the bumper are the fogs OP. At least on a 08 tls. Dunno if there is a difference tho cause the car is canadian, u guy may have that as ur fog and drl, and no light in the bumper?

I also did not know the high beam is built into the hid so the daytime running light for my bros tls at least, is in the spot u circled in the picture and is dying to become something other than an incandescent . He's putting in some LEDs that have some resistor built in so the car does not throw a code. I don't think this impedes others driving any more than those stock bulbs would.

But if they are more than simply just turning on and off... As they do on the tls... If they need to have two functions like my cls I would say screw it.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:17 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 319 Likes on 228 Posts
I thought hid (high intensity discharge) lights use a gas sort of like how neon works. When u excite to molecule with current they create light. ... Anyways no big deal there

Lol my brother yesterday was talking about the same lights on his car.

I think those are actually the daytime running lights.. Cause they come on in the day no matter what and only have on or off. On my CL those are the drl and the high beams.

The lower lights in the bumper are the fogs OP. At least on a 08 tls. Dunno if there is a difference tho cause the car is canadian, u guy may have that as ur fog and drl, and no light in the bumper?

I also did not know the high beam is built into the hid so the daytime running light for my bros tls at least, is in the spot u circled in the picture and is dying to become something other than an incandescent . He's putting in some LEDs that have some resistor built in so the car does not throw a code. I don't think this impedes others driving any more than those stock bulbs would.

But if they are more than simply just turning on and off... As they do on the tls... If they need to have two functions like my cls I would say screw it.
Yup 07-08 TLs have DRLs in the circled location by OP. 04-06 TLs, those are their fogs. As for LEDs in that location, I'm running that "mod" and it runs fine with resistors. Pricey upgrade, but looks good imo.

And yup, there's a shutter inside the projector that hides the "high beam" of our HIDs.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:39 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Funny u mention that I could feel the shutter move when I had my hand on it and he turn the high beams on. Freakin me out. Lol
Old 08-26-2014, 05:21 PM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Yes, the TL does not have high beam headlamps... or low beam headlamps for that matter. The HID lamps just produce light. The TL uses a projector and a mechanical "flap" to control the light emitted from the units.