Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 07:34 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by pnoi521
How do I install it?
From the first post in the thread...
Use:
Download the scripts (link below) and unzip it.
Put your 2 channel source in the directory called "2channelSource" and run one of the .vbs scripts in the main directory by double clicking it. The output files will be in the "multiChannelOutput" directory.
Burn with Cirlinca DVD Audio Solo or similar that will make 6 take 6 channel wav files.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We just picked up our 07 TL on Saturday and I found this site that evening. I downloaded your DVD-A GUI Program and created a DVD-A from some of my favorite MP#'s, it sounds awesome. The burned DVD-A 2.0 songs won't utilize the ProLogic II like a normal Audio CD will. It doesn't work with FM transmissions either, but does work with the XM transmissions.

I'm running you Adobinizer on the .wav files created during the creation of the DVD-A disc with your GUI Program and will try burning a DVD with Solo and see how that goes and experience the difference. Thanks for making these great programs available for us, these are some awesome utilities!
Old 04-16-2007, 12:09 AM
Intermediate

Hi, everyone..
I need some help here...
I personally had no problem making 2 ch dvd-a's using adobeman's GUI but had no luck with 6 channel dvd-a's using DVD solo.
so far i wasted more than 50 dvd-r's and dvd+r's.
I followed the instruction using Adobeman's script to make multi-channel .wav files.
I have no problem to the point where I make .iso files using dvd solo and burn it with nero, dvd decrypter, deep burner, and etc etc etc.............. T.T
but when I put it in my TL, she never reads it!!!!!!!!
I tried 2X, 4X, 6X, 8X, 16X.
I tried dvd-r, dvd+r.
I tried nero, decrypter, deep burner, dvd solo it self for burning the image file.
I tried direct burning with dvd solo.

Please help me...please...
I'd really like to be able to enjoy my collection of songs through TL's gorgeous 5.1 ch....T.T
Old 04-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Intermediate

Adobeman~ please help me~~

I'm so saddened by the fact that I can't listen to 5.1 surround sound.

Adobeman please help me please~~~
Old 04-18-2007, 05:19 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Lets try and rule some things out:

What do you use to burn the ISOs from my GUI?

What version of Solo do you have ?

Have you tried burning one of my GUI's ISO files with Solo ? If no then try it. If it plays in the car then that proves (kind of) that Solo can burn a disk that plays in your car.

Can you rip a CD in solo and burn a disk that plays in the TL ? Again just trying to validate Solo.

Will Solo play the 6 channel wav files from the Adobinizer ?

Don't get too upset about it. The Adobinizer is just for fun and not a miracle thing !
Old 04-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Intermediate

First,
Thank you, Adobeman, for replying... I really needed your help on this.

Originally Posted by Adobeman
Lets try and rule some things out:

What do you use to burn the ISOs from my GUI?
-----> Nero. It worked fine for your 2ch GUI.

What version of Solo do you have ?
----->1.2.3. I purchased it, too.

Have you tried burning one of my GUI's ISO files with Solo ? If no then try it. If it plays in the car then that proves (kind of) that Solo can burn a disk that plays in your car.
----->Right now I'm out of town and didn't bring my car with me. So, I can't really try that right now.

Can you rip a CD in solo and burn a disk that plays in the TL ? Again just trying to validate Solo.

Will Solo play the 6 channel wav files from the Adobinizer ?
-----> yes.

Don't get too upset about it. The Adobinizer is just for fun and not a miracle thing !
Old 04-23-2007, 12:11 PM
10th Gear

First and foremost let me add my praise to Adobeman. You're doing some great things here and I appreciate the effort you've gone to.

Secondly, I tried out some of the 5.1 conversion stuff here. What I've found is this:
1. For most of what I listen to (hard rock and alternative), it's really not that great. Sorry, just my opinion.
2. For acoustical stuff and voice it's kinda cool. It seems to do a much better job of separating voice and bass. However, if a song has "boomy" bass, this makes it boomier (is that a word?). If it's crisp though, it gets crisper and is very nice.
3. I like the small club better than the large club. For many songs the large sounds like bad reverb or echoy. But those who like it have said it's good with soft jazz and classical... which I don't typically listen to. /shrug
4. Holy crap 2ch to 6ch conversion takes a ton of disc space! I think I'll most likely be sticking to 2ch and load up a DVDa with as many songs as I can... with Adobeman's scripts/GUI, of course.

Oh, one other thing. When I burned the 6ch I did the same 5 songs in 2ch, small and large on 3 groups. I was using Solo to burn and ended up with a somewhat funky disc. All songs were there and sounded fine, but they cut off after 15-60 seconds and jumped to the next track. Didn't try to re-burn (still in the 4 DVD trial stage of Solo)... but has anyone else run into this?
Old 04-28-2007, 08:53 AM
Intermediate

Well, guys, I answered my own question here.
As a last attempt to burn a dvd-a disk, I downloaded a program called 'sonic recordnow' to burn it. guess what?

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For people out there having the same problem as I had, Use this program and it'll work!

Damn... I feel sorry for the "40+" brand new dvd-r disks I just wasted till now.

Oh, thanks, Adobeman, for making such a great effort on creating such a great program!!!!
And thanks for your help, too!!! Thanks!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 11:44 PM
10th Gear

My problem is fixed as well. Turns out it was a firmware issue on my DVD burner. Updated to the latest firmware and my DVD's come out great!
Old 05-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,116 Posts
If have an Accord. If I buy a new HU, the JVC KD-AVX33, which plays DVD-A discs, and mixes Stereo sources into 5.1 sound using DPLII, which this feature work with the new HU? If I have DPLII, do I even need this utility?
Old 05-18-2007, 12:25 PM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
newb question.... do i have to do anything other than make the playlist in the GUI and then burn the ido to make it 5.1? im converting from mp3 to wma i think, so does it do it automatically, or do i need special settings?
Old 05-18-2007, 04:45 PM
Advanced

Question Adobeman, are your scripts different then a standard "redbook" DVD-a

Adobeman, Congrants on your Dvd-A scripts. I have a few questions because I'm a little confused by this DVD-A thing.

1. Are your scripts and the final product they create the same as a "redbook"
DVD-A or a commercially remastered DVD-A disk?

2. Does yours scripts and the Discwelder software do the same type of conversion or are they different?

Thanks,
Old 05-18-2007, 06:33 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
If have an Accord. If I buy a new HU, the JVC KD-AVX33, which plays DVD-A discs, and mixes Stereo sources into 5.1 sound using DPLII, which this feature work with the new HU? If I have DPLII, do I even need this utility?
I don't think so. Some say the Adobinizer sounds different, maybe better than the DPLII, but it probably isn't worth the effort if you have the DPLII. The 04-06 3G's had no such.

Originally Posted by fant0m_TL
newb question.... do i have to do anything other than make the playlist in the GUI and then burn the ido to make it 5.1? im converting from mp3 to wma i think, so does it do it automatically, or do i need special settings?
The GUI and the Adobinozer have nothing to do with each other. The GUI makes a stereo ISO you burn with a ISO burning tool. The Adobinizer only makes 6 channel wav files that then must be burned with a tool that can use 6 channel wav files as an input. (Like Cirlinca DVD Audio Solo)

Originally Posted by Bcc335
Adobeman, Congrants on your Dvd-A scripts. I have a few questions because I'm a little confused by this DVD-A thing.

1. Are your scripts and the final product they create the same as a "redbook"
DVD-A or a commercially remastered DVD-A disk?

2. Does yours scripts and the Discwelder software do the same type of conversion or are they different?

Thanks,
The Adobinizer just makes wave files so redbook isn't applicable. As far as the GUI's ISO I have no idea. It works in the TL and on all my players that play DVD-A so I never concerned myself with it. As for Discwelder...never used it.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

how do you swtich between groups in the TL?
Old 05-24-2007, 10:23 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by fant0m_TL
how do you swtich between groups in the TL?
Press the SCAN and REPEAT buttons simultaneously until you hear the beep.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

thanks!
Old 06-17-2007, 05:03 PM
2nd Gear

My first CD conversion was the latest from Chevelle - converted with large club script.
All i can say is i was blown away, not perfect 5.1, but a totally different and enhanced experience. I'll definitely be converting my favorite tracks. Thanks for your contribution everyone!
Old 10-02-2007, 10:05 PM
Racer

so this is what i go tto do right.

MP3---> 2ch wav(cdec)---> 6ch wav(Adobinizer)----> DVDA
Old 02-20-2008, 04:09 PM
2006 Acura TL

I whipped this one up after I found a great open source program called "Sound eXchange" (a.k.a SoX). SoX is a cool little command line tool that allows you to do all kinds of cool stuff with wav files. So I scripted up way to synthesize 5.1 channel material from 2.0 channel stuff.

Here is the run down:
  • This is just for fun and laughs. I know that all it is is audio trickery. But since many had asked about it I decided I'd finally try it.
  • It just makes 6channel wav files. You need to feed it 2channel wavs. It then creates all the channels using SoX and then muxes them together using BeSweet.
  • I included a script called "Small Club". Think of it as trying to approximate a small bar environment. A bit of echo/delay on the SR and SL channels.
  • I included a script called "Large Club". Think of it as trying to approximate a medium large bar environment. This one reminds me of hanging out in the Hard Rock Cafe once in Tijuana one day. It was lunch time and they just had regular tunes plying through the sound system. Some echo on the FR and FL and even more delay on the SR and SL channels.
  • I did NOT do a straight 2.0 to 5.1 script since the TL seems to mix 2.0 stuff just fine. I figured if I was going to use up all of the disc space of 6 channels I might as well screw around with the sound.
  • This is just a rough script. So you need to make sure you have enough disc space, convert any mp3s, etc.
  • I have only tested on XP Pro but I don't see why it would have any trouble on Win2K.
  • It tries to provide a framework that anyone can add scripts to. See the read me file.
I tried it with a bunch of different kind of tunes. Blues, sax jazz, female and male vocals, Beatles, Santana, Police and a few others. The "Large Club" is growing on me for the saxophone stuff.

I'd suggest you pick about 10 different songs and make a disc with 3 groups. One just stereo, one as small club and the other as large club. Then you decide. There is a file called "all.bat" this will run both the SmallClub and LargeClub scripts on all the files you feed it.

You can't use my other scripts to make the DVDA. Since this just creates 6ch wav files you will need to use Cirlinca DVD Audio Solo or equivalent.

Use:
  • Download the scripts (link below) and unzip it.
  • Put your 2 channel source in the directory called "2channelSource" and run one of the .vbs scripts in the main directory by double clicking it. The output files will be in the "multiChannelOutput" directory.
  • Burn with Cirlinca DVD Audio Solo or similar that will make 6 take 6 channel wav files.

Enjoy. Get it at http://home.comcast.net/~adobeman/Ad...Adobinizer.zip
I have downloaded and saved everything but I am having some difficulties using this app to go from 2 channel to 6 channel. Can anyone be of assistance?
Old 02-21-2008, 11:59 AM
2006 Acura TL

Originally Posted by rajunwild
I have downloaded and saved everything but I am having some difficulties using this app to go from 2 channel to 6 channel. Can anyone be of assistance?
Issue resolved, I hope.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:39 PM
10th Gear

Thumbs down How do you change groups within the DVD-A disc ?

Hello All,

First of all, thanks to you Adobeman, I was able to try out the DVD-A craze !

Anyway, I have a question regarding groups within the DVD-A. I am using the Cirlinca Solo to burn my disc. On one disc I created, I made 4 groups. But when I inserted the DVD-A disc in my TL, it only played the first group. Does anyone know what buttons to push so I can jump from one group to the next group within the DVD-A disc ? Thanks!
Old 03-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 114 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by livndlife
Hello All,

First of all, thanks to you Adobeman, I was able to try out the DVD-A craze !

Anyway, I have a question regarding groups within the DVD-A. I am using the Cirlinca Solo to burn my disc. On one disc I created, I made 4 groups. But when I inserted the DVD-A disc in my TL, it only played the first group. Does anyone know what buttons to push so I can jump from one group to the next group within the DVD-A disc ? Thanks!

Press the SCAN and REPEAT buttons simultaneously until you hear the beep.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Intermediate

I whipped this one up after I found a great open source program called "Sound eXchange" (a.k.a SoX). SoX is a cool little command line tool that allows you to do all kinds of cool stuff with wav files. So I scripted up way to synthesize 5.1 channel material from 2.0 channel stuff.

Here is the run down:
  • This is just for fun and laughs. I know that all it is is audio trickery. But since many had asked about it I decided I'd finally try it.
  • It just makes 6channel wav files. You need to feed it 2channel wavs. It then creates all the channels using SoX and then muxes them together using BeSweet.
  • I included a script called "Small Club". Think of it as trying to approximate a small bar environment. A bit of echo/delay on the SR and SL channels.
  • I included a script called "Large Club". Think of it as trying to approximate a medium large bar environment. This one reminds me of hanging out in the Hard Rock Cafe once in Tijuana one day. It was lunch time and they just had regular tunes plying through the sound system. Some echo on the FR and FL and even more delay on the SR and SL channels.
  • I did NOT do a straight 2.0 to 5.1 script since the TL seems to mix 2.0 stuff just fine. I figured if I was going to use up all of the disc space of 6 channels I might as well screw around with the sound.
  • This is just a rough script. So you need to make sure you have enough disc space, convert any mp3s, etc.
  • I have only tested on XP Pro but I don't see why it would have any trouble on Win2K.
  • It tries to provide a framework that anyone can add scripts to. See the read me file.
I tried it with a bunch of different kind of tunes. Blues, sax jazz, female and male vocals, Beatles, Santana, Police and a few others. The "Large Club" is growing on me for the saxophone stuff.

I'd suggest you pick about 10 different songs and make a disc with 3 groups. One just stereo, one as small club and the other as large club. Then you decide. There is a file called "all.bat" this will run both the SmallClub and LargeClub scripts on all the files you feed it.

You can't use my other scripts to make the DVDA. Since this just creates 6ch wav files you will need to use Cirlinca DVD Audio Solo or equivalent.

Use:
  • Download the scripts (link below) and unzip it.
  • Put your 2 channel source in the directory called "2channelSource" and run one of the .vbs scripts in the main directory by double clicking it. The output files will be in the "multiChannelOutput" directory.
  • Burn with Cirlinca DVD Audio Solo or similar that will make 6 take 6 channel wav files.

Enjoy. Get it at http://home.comcast.net/~adobeman/Ad...Adobinizer.zip
Does anyone know if DVDFlick will burn the 6 channel wav's?
Old 03-11-2008, 05:15 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Originally Posted by mpax
Does anyone know if DVDFlick will burn the 6 channel wav's?
Glancing at it's features seems like it probably will not. It seems to be a DVD-Video tool. That's not the same as a DVD-Audio capable tool
Old 03-13-2008, 06:56 PM
There's alot of asian in

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
anyone try this on vista?
i cant get it to run the script..i double click on it and it does nothing...
Old 03-14-2008, 05:07 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Originally Posted by sifuacura
anyone try this on vista?
i cant get it to run the script..i double click on it and it does nothing...
I don't have Vista but I think you are running into a User Account Control (UAC) problem. Vista may likely disallow running vbscript (vbs) files unless you use your administrative account privileges to do so. Just guessing. I would think it would warn you or tell you something. Doing nothing at all is odd.

Perhaps there are some Vista users here that could comment.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:20 PM
There's alot of asian in

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I logged on as administrator and it still wouldnt run. I did a tweak on vista to allow all vbs script to run, but no luck.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:17 AM
Intermediate

I logged on as administrator and it still wouldnt run. I did a tweak on vista to allow all vbs script to run, but no luck.
I had the same problem.
Check your anti virus software, and the Windows firewall.

I am using Norton and there is a box that is normally checked telling the computer not to run scripts. Uncheck this box to allow the .vbs script files to run. I didn't get a message either, they just wouldn't open.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:00 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Thumbs up

Sorry to necro bump this thread but it deserves renewing for those new TL owners that want to create their own DVD-As. I just downloaded the Adobinzer and the recommended Circlina DVD Audio Solo program and it work great! I like being able to add still pix for each track.

It worked the first time. I already had a lot of .wav files sitting in my music folder from when I created DVDAs using the DVDA GUI, so it was simple to grab thos eand use the Abobizer on a few. I used 9 songs, created a small and large pub file and then used the 2 channel, put those three version in each group so it was easy to jump back and forth between the 3 types.

Excellent work!
Old 08-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up I Agree!

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
Sorry to necro bump this thread but it deserves renewing for those new TL owners that want to create their own DVD-As. I just downloaded the Adobinzer and the recommended Circlina DVD Audio Solo program and it work great! I like being able to add still pix for each track.

It worked the first time. I already had a lot of .wav files sitting in my music folder from when I created DVDAs using the DVDA GUI, so it was simple to grab thos eand use the Abobizer on a few. I used 9 songs, created a small and large pub file and then used the 2 channel, put those three version in each group so it was easy to jump back and forth between the 3 types.

Excellent work!
I agree, this thread ought to be a sticky. The Adobinizer lets you make use of the 5.1 capability of the system. The list of professionaly produced DVD-A's is short, and not likely to get a lot longer, for a lot of reasons. Most of the older stuff is just digitally reprocessed anyway. This utility allows you to reprocess your favorite stuff and get a surround experience from it. It's not difficult to do; you just have to pop the 45 bucks for DVD-Audio Solo and get to work. Personally, I like Small Club, but tastes can differ.

We can't let this thread get lost in the shuffle.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Indeed. Today, I ripped my Pink Floyd collection to .wav files, then used the Adobinizer to create 6 channel DVD-A's from them. I used DVD Audio Solo to create the DVDs, snagged the album art for each group and it came out very nice. I can easily hear the seperation of the channels, front-rear-left and right.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:46 PM
Intermediate

This may be a somewhat off-topic, but deals with DVD-A format stuff.

I just purchased a duo pack concert with CD and DVD. The DVD supports 5.1 sound. Is there a way to rip that, and create a DVD-A disc from it?
Old 08-25-2008, 06:53 PM
Suzuka Master

You can create a DVD A from the CD, I am not sure about the DVD though
Old 10-17-2008, 12:00 PM
Anthracite

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Adobeman, awesome!

but I have a few questions for anyone who would like to clarify for me:

1. Which version, 3.01, 2.0, or 1.0? (facts and opinions on each version is welcome)
2. Should I adobinize my 2ch files (which is probably all of my files) before burning them using the version mentioned in question 1? (say i have "hit me baby one more time.mp3" on my computer, should i convert it to 6ch first and then burn it to dvd-a, or just burn it to dvd-a straight? does it make a difference?)
3. no i really wouldnt burn any britney songs.

thanks
Old 03-22-2009, 02:17 PM
Intermediate

Adobeman - thanks for your continued efforts, hope you're still monitoring this forum.

I'm getting an error with large .wav files. I'll hit one of your scripts and then need to use the PC Pause button on the DOS window because the text wizzes by when there's an error.

The error says this when the script starts: "Failed reading [.wav file]: Sorry, don't understand .wav size"

The error of course causes the rest of the script to fail.

Do you know of any .wav size limits and how to get around them? My files are pretty big (250+ MBs).

Thanks.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:12 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Nah, it's probably a problem with the sound processing tool (SOX) that I used. It's not something I can change. 250Mb is a bit atypical. Any chance you can use a program to split it into tracks?

CDWAV is a great program at splitting wav files. I used to use it back in the day when I would sample a whole album side and then split the big wav file into tracks.
http://www.milosoftware.com/en/index...ody=cdwave.php
Old 03-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Intermediate

Thanks for the response Adobeman.

After diving down in the SOX changelogs, I believe you are right that it's the tool. The files I'm working with are 24/96, and prior to SOX v13, the tool didn't support 24-bit wavs. Now if it was just a case of updating your v12 executable, I'd be fine. But the good folks who created SOX up and changed a bunch of the commands in the latest version (v14.2.0).

So I've got two options. I'm trying to track down an intermediate version of SOX that doesn't use the new commands but does support 24-bit wavs. If I'm not successful here, I may have a long night with your batch files updating them with the new version's commands. SOX is totally new to me so starting from scratch
Old 04-09-2009, 01:53 PM
'05 6MT w/Nav A-Spec

You get this working? Mine still won't.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Sǝxy Timǝ in my

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Using the programs you recommended, how many tracks can you have in one DVD-A? I use "discWelderCHROME" which allow me to burn 99 tracks in one dvd.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:50 PM
TL owner

i ish there was a youtube video with steps on how to do this

Quick Reply: "The Adobinizer" - Adobeman's 2.0 to 5.1 Audio Converter for DVD-A