swoosh's build thread....the HIGH PROTEIN DIET !!! (Updated Pics-Page 74-7/12/15)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 09:51 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
man I will def be coming back to this page when i need tires

Rocky: yessir will post it up....i just told my work that i will be working from home , so lets go get this task done.......

plan of action:
pop the slider pins from both sides and grease em again....
grease the bolt that goes into the pins to avoid them from getting seized.....

if that doesnt work:
switch the pins side to side, to see if the pins are at fault of the piston itself....

so if the piston is at fault, order a new caliper....if the pins are at fault order new pins....

I have this page open on my phone so i will be able to check everything which IHC mentioned above....

while I am at it, will Plastic Dip my rotor hubs.....lets see if PD can take the heat we taking bets ?
Old 03-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
Hey swoosh do you have any picture from the rear seat and the trunk? Just want to see how they look so far.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:34 PM

^^^ I will have some pix for you tomorrow buddy.....

i spend the whole day in grease replaced a caliper....ran into a ton a problems and learned a million new things about my car....it was a good day....

I Hate Cars you were right about the FROZEN PISTON....changed my caliper today for $45 and cudnt be happier
Old 03-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 290 Posts
Originally Posted by lumyeinjun

Also, the majority of the weight in a tire is in the thread blocks...... sidewalls weigh virtually nothing compared to the thread blocks

The weight [is]..... placed further from the axis of rotation, resulting in a greater Moment of Inertia........the distribution of the weight [is] just as important (if not more-so) than the total weight of the wheel.
Shaved tires is a great method by which to reduce dynamic weight for the reason stated above by lumyeinjun.

The Tl Diet - Shaved Tires (click here)

Swoosh - this is posted for the readers and not you... because I know that you are aware of this already.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:59 PM

^^^ hahaha yeah....btw Inaccurate, I think i inaccurately described my brake problem to you....you were leaning towards piston but i took that away from you saying its the "pins"

today i had the piston come out a little more than needed and it was stuck....it went back a little and wont go back no more....this make me believe the piston was stuck.....

the caliper was replaced and damn the car flies now....i will be posting some photos tomorrow.....i think you will be proud of moi
Old 03-15-2012, 10:14 PM
The Track Terror

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts
Hey Swoosh, I'm gonna be running Hankook R-S3's at the roadcourse next weekend...I'll def let y'all know how they perform! (with dedicated track thread with pics and vids to follow...)
Old 03-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by swoosh

you were leaning towards piston but i took that away from you saying its the "pins"

the caliper was replaced and damn the car flies now....i will be posting some photos tomorrow.....i think you will be proud of moi

Yes sir, I was thinking the same...... "well damn, I told him that frozen calipers were semi-common problem here on Acurazine."

If you are sure that you will never convert to a 6MT, remove your parking brake. It has some drag too not to mention it weighs a lot.

I am proud of moi already . I am hoping that you will get the opportunity to daily drive your Diet. The true enjoyment of the Diet is driving it daily to beat-up on daily rush hour
Old 03-15-2012, 10:26 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,811 Likes on 1,282 Posts
Tread, not Thread.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by I hate cars
Tread, not Thread.

Don't Tread on Me or My Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 11:15 PM

Received 9,493 Likes on 6,165 Posts
Piston seizing ftl. I've gone through two sets of them already and I'm not a hard driver at all.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by the fenda rolla
Hey Swoosh, I'm gonna be running Hankook R-S3's at the roadcourse next weekend...I'll def let y'all know how they perform! (with dedicated track thread with pics and vids to follow...)
that will be awesome !!! if you can please post up the link in here so i will follow it

Originally Posted by Inaccurate
Yes sir, I was thinking the same...... "well damn, I told him that frozen calipers were semi-common problem here on Acurazine."

If you are sure that you will never convert to a 6MT, remove your parking brake. It has some drag too not to mention it weighs a lot.

I am proud of moi already . I am hoping that you will get the opportunity to daily drive your Diet. The true enjoyment of the Diet is driving it daily to beat-up on daily rush hour
hahaha yeah....i was telling the wifey, i stopped driving her and problems start....till i was driving her, I HAD ZERO PROBLEMS !!!!

i use my parking brake a lot while parking (no doh)....but i always throw her in Neutral....engage the parking brake.....foot off the pedal brake (let her settle)....and then shift to Park.....

the next day when i throw her in reverse, i never have any grinding or jerking....but i am willing to try....I am ahead of schedule here....my goal was 250 lbs and i have gotten there already....next up i was thinking the carpet and couple interior trim pieces....so another 30-40 lbs there.....

so how much does the parking brake "setup" weigh and you have a link for it ??? might just do it tomorrow

Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Piston seizing ftl. I've gone through two sets of them already and I'm not a hard driver at all.
maybe it wants to be driven hard....some girls like it rough
Old 03-16-2012, 12:32 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
Originally Posted by kingkong_dav
a typical tyre is 13-15lb, depending on make and season. a run flat is about 5lb heavier, (example) spare tire and tools,jack is probably over 50 lbs. 20lbs saved
Typical tire for these cars is ~25 lbs. If you add 5x4 lbs with run flats you're actually adding the equivalent of 60-80 lbs of dead weight, spending more money and ending up with a worse ride.

And the spare and jack/tools, at least on the 6MT is ~35 lbs, so you're actually hurting performance with run flats.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:49 AM

Does this qualify for an Update ???

I got in touch with KMS Performance
I also spoke with NRG (Inaccurate please dont hate me)
Radio Delete coming but I wont be loosing music (HU+Display+Amp gotta go)
I am thinking of a lightweight steering wheel
Am on the edge with the AC....Kansas gets cold and hot....so we will see....looking for viable options...
A DVR camera should be a good thing to have dontcha think ???
and we all need GPS
then we also have to monitor all the engine parameters....
MS3 ECU is en route
Am also looking to retrofit the 4G Manifold + TB....skinny and big holes....turned on ?

If all goes as planned, we looking at a fun filled SPRING fellas....
Old 03-16-2012, 07:04 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 71 Posts
^ sounds great! I really wanna c how the radio goes!
Old 03-16-2012, 08:18 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
Me too...breaking the mold and thinking outside the box...good for you, Anil.
You aren't afraid to take risks and spend money...I admire you. I would never!
PS...
If you tried to apply even pressure on both sides of piston, or force it in straight...it wouldn't go back in?!?! Wow, that stinks!
Old 03-16-2012, 08:29 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
I liked how kingkong got owned.
is this appropriate to say?

KING KONG AINT GOT NOTHING ON SWOOSH
The following 2 users liked this post by justnspace:
rockstar143 (03-16-2012), veggiemonster (03-16-2012)
Old 03-16-2012, 09:11 AM
Safety Car

I also spoke with NRG (Inaccurate please dont hate me)
It's ok. I had to say the other thing before just to clear my conscience.

i use my parking brake a lot while parking.
With any car with auto trans , this is totally unnecessary. With the TL, it is ludicrous because the parking brake in the TL is very weak. Auto trans have a Parking Paw, which is a robust metal latching claw to locks the output shaft. The Parking Paw is a gazillion times stronger than the TL parking brake.

Concerning the parking ritual - We all have our quarks. I understand. Try doing things without the parking brake and see if you can live without it. When I removed mine, it was a substantial improvement in performance.

next up i was thinking the carpet and couple interior trim pieces....so another 30-40 lbs there.....
The dieting disease is taking a hold. How much are you driving your car lately? Are you still not using the TL much? The reason that I ask is because if you are dieting (umm, TL Diet that is) and you get the opportunity to feel the difference the next day in your daily commute, this is an awesome behavioral feedback mechanism. And a dangerous feedback mechanism..... remove something and next day saying "holy shit (huge grin on your face)". After feeling the difference in daily driving situations, you will then have the disease of looking for ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING to take off of your car to get more (a fix for the addiction).

To clear my conscience, let me remind you about your car's resale value. Once you cross a certain point (and you are there already), the car is no longer able to be resold (practically speaking). Before crossing that line, you need to make that commitment to yourself that you will never resale your car. I made that commitment to myself back in 2007 when the resale value was still VERY High for my 2006 model. But for you and most others, it is a much easier commitment.

The way to look at the situation is like this - your car's resale value is $14k (as an example). By the time that you get tired of your car, the book value for an oem TL of that mileage/age would be $8000 (as an example). So, are you willing to throw-away $8000 dollar to have fun for the next few years? You know what my answer was and (for me) it involved a lot more money (resale value) than what is being discussed here. For me, the price was very much worth the years of FUNNNNNNN (and laughs... sometimes I would laugh through the entire day... no joke) that I have got from my car.

so how much does the parking brake "setup" weigh and you have a link for it ??? might just do it tomorrow
12.5 Lbs Parking Brake (Warning: Parking brake is mandatory to pass state inspection in many states)

But for some odd reason, it felt like more of an improvement than what is indicated by the 12.5 Lbs. My guess is that it was from the drag being eliminated. The brake shoes have light drag, but I did feel a nice difference with the drag eliminated.

Before doing the parking brake delete, you need to order two spindle nuts. You need to remove the hub before removing the brake backing plate. For safety and as per the Service Manual, you need to use a new spindle nut when reassembling. Also, you need a 1/2" drive torque wrench that is capable of doing a 134 ft/lbs reading. Plus, you will need a 6-point socket for that large spindle nut

The TL Diet - Parking Brake Delete (click here)

maybe it wants to be driven hard....
Joking aside, there is a lot of truth in this statement. Driving any car (except maybe a old decrepit car) too easy for a prolonged time is a bad thing. This is where the term "Italian tune-up" came from. Same applies for having a car sitting (in storage) without being driven. "Use it or lose it" applies to cars like it does for muscles.

And as a closing comment - Where are those pictures already.....

Last edited by Inaccurate; 03-16-2012 at 09:16 AM.
The following users liked this post:
swoosh (03-16-2012)
Old 03-16-2012, 09:24 AM
Team Owner

Just for clarity, "quick" is usually a reference to time and "fast" is usually a reference to speed (mph). I used to have a quick car when it went 12s at 105mph. Trapping 130mph is fast.
The following 2 users liked this post by I hate cars:
civicdrivr (03-16-2012), veggiemonster (03-16-2012)
Old 03-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Team Owner

I agree with Inaccurate on the parking pawl. There's nothing wrong with letting the trans hold the entire weight of the car. The load goes on the huge ratchet mechanism, it's no stress on the trans.

I wouldn't remove the ebrake for other reasons but the transmission is not one of them.
veggiemonster (03-16-2012)
Old 03-16-2012, 09:54 AM
Drifting

Received 407 Likes on 338 Posts
unless you regularly use your parking brake, at 8 years and 160k without i bet you that shit is itching to seize. unless for an emergency situation it isn't exactly needed anil. i vote eliminate it
Old 03-16-2012, 09:56 AM

^^^yeah really...for someone with so many comments on others' cars...was surprised you JUST NOW opened a photobucket account.

Inaccurate...I BET people on this forum would give you blue book value on your car just for your meticulousness, documentation, the fact that you HAVE all the parts for them and how awesome you describe the driving experience.

But yeah, take it into a dealership and they'll ask you if it was a theft recovery
Inaccurate (03-16-2012)
Old 03-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by rockstar143

take it into a dealership and they'll ask you if it was a theft recovery
During my times of idle thoughts, I have wondered what the dealership techs would think if they saw my car

For the record, my car has NEVER been back to the dealership after the day that I drove my new car off of the dealers lot.

If my car did have to go to the dealer, I would be extremely afraid of them crashing it. Seriously. I would have a very serious talk with the manager if I had to leave my car there. Because I know what would happen. JOY RIDE by the techs. And that Zero G-force thing is no joke. I guarantee you that they would crash it because it is extremely quick with no hint of how fast you are really traveling. It warps the human senses. Joy Ride + Zero G-force = Crashed car. This is also the reason that I would not allow anyone (except Villo) to drive my car.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by callahan
^ sounds great! I really wanna c how the radio goes!
i will be revealing my plans right here.....in this post

would need people with audio experience...and got IHC/Inaccurate/Rocky/Veggie....all of them right here

Me too...breaking the mold and thinking outside the box...good for you, Anil.
You aren't afraid to take risks and spend money...I admire you. I would never!
PS...
If you tried to apply even pressure on both sides of piston, or force it in straight...it wouldn't go back in?!?! Wow, that stinks!
well i like spending $$$ on my car LOL....

i am afraid dude....chills run down my spine LOL....i hate spending a cent where not needed and a dollar at the same place seems justified when needed....

Yeah the piston was stuck like a bish....it wont come off at first because it was so tight on the pads/rotors......then it wont go back in....i tried to pump it out but it was stuck....

got a new caliper and it worked like a charm....when the old caliper was out, with no fluid line or nothing, the piston still wont go back in.....i used a hammer on it to no avail.....

Originally Posted by justnspace
I liked how kingkong got owned.
is this appropriate to say?

hahhaha.....whats up brethren ???

It's ok. I had to say the other thing before just to clear my conscience.

With any car with auto trans , this is totally unnecessary. With the TL, it is ludicrous because the parking brake in the TL is very weak. Auto trans have a Parking Paw, which is a robust metal latching claw to locks the output shaft. The Parking Paw is a gazillion times stronger than the TL parking brake.

Concerning the parking ritual - We all have our quarks. I understand. Try doing things without the parking brake and see if you can live without it. When I removed mine, it was a substantial improvement in performance.

The dieting disease is taking a hold. How much are you driving your car lately? Are you still not using the TL much? The reason that I ask is because if you are dieting (umm, TL Diet that is) and you get the opportunity to feel the difference the next day in your daily commute, this is an awesome behavioral feedback mechanism. And a dangerous feedback mechanism..... remove something and next day saying "holy shit (huge grin on your face)". After feeling the difference in daily driving situations, you will then have the disease of looking for ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING to take off of your car to get more (a fix for the addiction).

To clear my conscience, let me remind you about your car's resale value. Once you cross a certain point (and you are there already), the car is no longer able to be resold (practically speaking). Before crossing that line, you need to make that commitment to yourself that you will never resale your car. I made that commitment to myself back in 2007 when the resale value was still VERY High for my 2006 model. But for you and most others, it is a much easier commitment.

The way to look at the situation is like this - your car's resale value is $14k (as an example). By the time that you get tired of your car, the book value for an oem TL of that mileage/age would be $8000 (as an example). So, are you willing to throw-away $8000 dollar to have fun for the next few years? You know what my answer was and (for me) it involved a lot more money (resale value) than what is being discussed here. For me, the price was very much worth the years of FUNNNNNNN (and laughs... sometimes I would laugh through the entire day... no joke) that I have got from my car.

12.5 Lbs Parking Brake (Warning: Parking brake is mandatory to pass state inspection in many states)

But for some odd reason, it felt like more of an improvement than what is indicated by the 12.5 Lbs. My guess is that it was from the drag being eliminated. The brake shoes have light drag, but I did feel a nice difference with the drag eliminated.

Before doing the parking brake delete, you need to order two spindle nuts. You need to remove the hub before removing the brake backing plate. For safety and as per the Service Manual, you need to use a new spindle nut when reassembling. Also, you need a 1/2" drive torque wrench that is capable of doing a 134 ft/lbs reading. Plus, you will need a 6-point socket for that large spindle nut

The TL Diet - Parking Brake Delete (click here)

Joking aside, there is a lot of truth in this statement. Driving any car (except maybe a old decrepit car) too easy for a prolonged time is a bad thing. This is where the term "Italian tune-up" came from. Same applies for having a car sitting (in storage) without being driven. "Use it or lose it" applies to cars like it does for muscles.

And as a closing comment - Where are those pictures already.....

hahahah....pics will be in today

1> Thank you for the detailed explanation....
2> I think you have me convinced that the parking brake is going....
3> I did drive my car a little after taking 200 odd lbs off the car and didnt feel the difference coz the rear caliper was seized....if anything it felt slower...i will be taking it out for a spin today....
4> Resale valve....yes i completely understand what you are saying....and thanks for bringing this point up....usually people overlook this....I bought this car on May 22nd 2007 and on May 23rd 2007 i decided i will never sell this car....this decision was reassured when the new GTR came out....that is gonna be my next car....and i still wont sell my TL
5> Thanks for the link and the explanation....will follow them word for word
6> Pix will be up today hahaha

Just for clarity, "quick" is usually a reference to time and "fast" is usually a reference to speed (mph). I used to have a quick car when it went 12s at 105mph. Trapping 130mph is fast.
i cudnt agree with you more....making the car lighter makes it quicker and performance mods make it faster (correct me if am wrong)....

I agree with Inaccurate on the parking pawl. There's nothing wrong with letting the trans hold the entire weight of the car. The load goes on the huge ratchet mechanism, it's no stress on the trans.

I wouldn't remove the ebrake for other reasons but the transmission is not one of them.
Perfect....i love it when 2 of my fav people agree like this haha.....

but just since am curious, what other reasons can you please list em ?

^^^yeah really...for someone with so many comments on others' cars...was surprised you JUST NOW opened a photobucket account.

Inaccurate...I BET people on this forum would give you blue book value on your car just for your meticulousness, documentation, the fact that you HAVE all the parts for them and how awesome you describe the driving experience.

But yeah, take it into a dealership and they'll ask you if it was a theft recovery
^^^

my neighbor tells me he works on cars....when i showed him the gutted interior he was like "wtf, you got robbed"

not photobucket bro....photoshop

opened an account with them and am uploading + editing some pix.....this I learned from you....i bet all cars get dirty, but i still have to see 1 dirty pix of your car....so the people who are online, your (generic term) car looks just as good or bad as you portray it !!!
Old 03-16-2012, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by veggiemonster
unless you regularly use your parking brake, at 8 years and 160k without i bet you that shit is itching to seize. unless for an emergency situation it isn't exactly needed anil. i vote eliminate it
Thanks Sean....yeah as Inaccurate said, its only 12.5 pounds but the eliminated drag is what we are looking at

During my times of idle thoughts, I have wondered what the dealership techs would think if they saw my car

For the record, my car has NEVER been back to the dealership after the day that I drove my new car off of the dealers lot.

If my car did have to go to the dealer, I would be extremely afraid of them crashing it. Seriously. I would have a very serious talk with the manager if I had to leave my car there. Because I know what would happen. JOY RIDE by the techs. And that Zero G-force thing is no joke. I guarantee you that they would crash it because it is extremely quick with no hint of how fast you are really traveling. It warps the human senses. Joy Ride + Zero G-force = Crashed car. This is also the reason that I would not allow anyone (except Villo) to drive my car.
not me

am kidding....NO ONE....and i repeat NO ONE gets to drive my car.....my wife does at times but only under adult supervision LOL....
Old 03-16-2012, 10:44 AM

nobody really drives mine either...i'm too afraid of them burning the clutch.
I got you, man...and thanks for the compliments on multiple fronts.
I agree...how you portray online just sticks.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:03 AM

Alright !!! this is my Audio/Video/GPS/Radio/Engine Parameter Monitoring/DVR live streaming idea:

Item Details:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...te-R600-5.html
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...on-EQS746.html

PLAN !!!
Everything Radio, CD Changer, Factory Wiring, Amp GOES !!! Gets replaced by Samsung Galaxy Tab to a sound processor to this amp to factory wiring to all the speakers.....

I will loose the center channel, HFL (which i dont use anymore) so I am fine on that front....

I might loose my HVAC as a part of this....I am not ok with this and hence been delaying this.....the to avoid loosing the HVAC i might have to stash the radio somewhere behind....not worth it....

The dash cam I am thinking is:
BlackVue DR400G...its a HD camera with built in GPS locator...the reason why i chose this over GOPRO Hero2:
1> Turns on and starts recording when you start the car
2> Turns off and stop recording when you turn the car off
3> has motion sensors and bump sensors to switch modes of recording
4> interfaces with an Android device and you can see all the videos there
5> give you live feed, so you can see while recording....

I will be monitoring all engine parameters using the app TORQUE PRO on the Samsung device....here is what it will look like:

HELP NEEDED

Since I am very very very very naive to car amps, i dont even know what the remote line does

I would need help to figure out how this setup will work.....People with audio experience please chime in....

PS: I know all the wire color code which go to all respective speakers, so i can wire them to the RF amp i listed....i just need help to see how the processor will interface with the amp and if i need the processor or should get a different processor.....
Old 03-16-2012, 11:11 AM

I'll let the veterans chime in with the real knowledge...but the remote line is the remote turn on lead that turns the amp on when you turn ignition to on (or whatever you want your trigger to be).

This is quite ambitious...let's see what everyone says.

About the camera...we know you got it cause your'e a racist. I'm still iffy about the Gopro etc...we'll see. Look forward to see how this one functions for you.
civicdrivr (03-16-2012)
Old 03-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Team Owner

Alright !!! this is my Audio/Video/GPS/Radio/Engine Parameter Monitoring/DVR live streaming idea:

Item Details:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...te-R600-5.html
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...on-EQS746.html

PLAN !!!
Everything Radio, CD Changer, Factory Wiring, Amp GOES !!! Gets replaced by Samsung Galaxy Tab to a sound processor to this amp to factory wiring to all the speakers.....

I will loose the center channel, HFL (which i dont use anymore) so I am fine on that front....

I might loose my HVAC as a part of this....I am not ok with this and hence been delaying this.....the to avoid loosing the HVAC i might have to stash the radio somewhere behind....not worth it....

The dash cam I am thinking is:
BlackVue DR400G...its a HD camera with built in GPS locator...the reason why i chose this over GOPRO Hero2:
1> Turns on and starts recording when you start the car
2> Turns off and stop recording when you turn the car off
3> has motion sensors and bump sensors to switch modes of recording
4> interfaces with an Android device and you can see all the videos there
5> give you live feed, so you can see while recording....

I will be monitoring all engine parameters using the app TORQUE PRO on the Samsung device....here is what it will look like:

HELP NEEDED

Since I am very very very very naive to car amps, i dont even know what the remote line does

I would need help to figure out how this setup will work.....People with audio experience please chime in....

PS: I know all the wire color code which go to all respective speakers, so i can wire them to the RF amp i listed....i just need help to see how the processor will interface with the amp and if i need the processor or should get a different processor.....
I've got that exact Clarion unit. You can have it very cheap if I can find the power plug for it.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 111 Posts
^+1 on the remote wire

only question I have is that I run the wire from my headunit to my amp.. not sure what wire and from where you would run witout a head unit.. maybe still get a aftermarket harness and just use the remote on wire in it?
Old 03-16-2012, 01:06 PM

I'll let the veterans chime in with the real knowledge...but the remote line is the remote turn on lead that turns the amp on when you turn ignition to on (or whatever you want your trigger to be).

This is quite ambitious...let's see what everyone says.

About the camera...we know you got it cause your'e a racist. I'm still iffy about the Gopro etc...we'll see. Look forward to see how this one functions for you.
well its a dang good unit....check out this night video by civicdrivr (Morgan)...he is gonna make couple day time videos....

http://youtu.be/0mTQttvgYMc?hd=1

Originally Posted by FCVadi
^+1 on the remote wire

only question I have is that I run the wire from my headunit to my amp.. not sure what wire and from where you would run witout a head unit.. maybe still get a aftermarket harness and just use the remote on wire in it?
as Rockstar mentioned i think the REM wire is to turn the amp on so that it doesnt drain your battery, the reason you connect it to the headunit (from my understanding) is so that you dont keep running your amp without the headunit being on....

I've got that exact Clarion unit. You can have it very cheap if I can find the power plug for it.
^^^ how is that clarion unit ??? does it do the job well ???

by the power plug you mean just connect a gnd + power + rem wire to the unit ??? or does it have a completely different wire ???
Old 03-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,136 Likes on 4,805 Posts
The remote wire is just looking for a 5v switched source.

When I was going to rip out all my factory stuff in favor of a CarPC, I picked up a CarNetix box. It supplies power to both the mainboard and a monitor and also has the amp remote turn on leads in it. Im not sure if it would be of any real benefit for your setup though.

Re: Torque Pro, its a great program, just get a quality OBDII connector.

One question though, isn't the MS3 a full standalone, therefore, it doesnt use the OBDII connector? Thats how it is on my EMS2 at least

And yea, Im going to take some more vids today and upload them to the dash cam thread in Car Talk.

Oh, and

Last edited by civicdrivr; 03-16-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Safety Car

would need people with audio experience...and got IHC/Inaccurate/Rocky/Veggie....all of them right here

I can give you my "audio experience" recommendations right now = iPOD + high quality ear buds

The TL Diet - Radio Delete (click here)

hahhaha.....whats up brethren ???
Did I miss a good thread somewhere where something happened?

3> I did drive my car a little after taking 200 odd lbs off the car and didnt feel the difference coz the rear caliper was seized....if anything it felt slower.
Or, this "slowness feeling" could had been from the Zero-G effect that I keep mentioning.

"Zero G-force Feeling" (click here).

I was shocked that it is not felt just by the driver. Passengers can perceive this illusion too. One time the wife and I had to take a trip in my car. This was the first time that she had been in my car in a long time. My wife, like most females in general, is sensitive to speed and acceleration. When I drive her car and we are together, She is quick to make comments like "why you pushing the gas so hard?"

But when she was in my car, she could not believe that we were doing 100 mph. She actually was shocked and thought I was joking and she leaned over to view the speedometer. When I accelerated hard, I asked her what she felt and she answered that she felt nothing. This Zero G-force is some weird zhit. This is why I would not take someone in my car to try impressing them with how quick my car was.... they would think that my car was the slowest piece of zhit on the planet . If I wanted to impress someone with my car's quickness, I would have them be in another car beside me.

but just since am curious, what other reasons can you please list em ?
I know one reason that IHC will say that the ebrake is good for - to force the ass end around in a turn.

so the people who are online, your (generic term) car looks just as good or bad as you portray it !!
I always make sure that mine gets washed/detailed before I take pics of my updates. So in real life, my car looks that good for about one or two days before brake dust and a rain shower destroys it. Then for the remaining 4-8 weeks, it don't look so hot until the next wash.

PLAN !!!
Samsung Galaxy Tab to a sound processor to this amp to factory wiring to all the speakers...
No, no, no, no, no..... you can't be adding stuff. NO.

How much does this stuff weigh?........ nevermind.... NO!

Am on the edge with the AC
I have "been there and done that" when I was younger with my weekend-only car. I highly suggest that you don't remove the HVAC. Big mistake. I learned the hard way. Other than the obvious, the HVAC also keeps the windows from fogging up (and don't underestimate this point).
Old 03-16-2012, 01:30 PM

Your remote turn on can be triggered by anything...accessory fuse, for instance.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:31 PM

^^^ yes MS3 is a full standalone system....

i was actually thinking if i remove my cruise control and radio and SRS module, I can just run the ms3 hahaa.....

but i havent gotten the ms3 in my possession yet so havent played around with it....will keep this thread updated
Old 03-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Safety Car

i was actually thinking if i remove my cruise control and radio and SRS module, I can just run the ms3 hahaa.....
what about the 5AT controls (aka, PCM)?
Old 03-16-2012, 01:38 PM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
very ambitious here swoosh...i'm sub'd.

i need to shed some weight from my car too. my heavy 19's and 12" JL sub don't help much

hmm...where to start

i want to keep OEM functionallity. that said, i can't remove all the stuff that you guys do...but i want to remove ALL that i can.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Safety Car

^ The front and rear bumpers are a great place to start. Then the spare tire and jack. Don't fill up your fuel tank... get a half tank or less at a time.

Last edited by Inaccurate; 03-16-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,136 Likes on 4,805 Posts
Originally Posted by SharksBreath
i want to keep OEM functionallity. that said, i can't remove all the stuff that you guys do...but i want to remove ALL that i can.

Unfortunately I cant keep my car at half a tank. I drive quite a lot for work, and just dont have the time to constantly stop and fill up.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by civicdrivr
The remote wire is just looking for a 5v switched source.

When I was going to rip out all my factory stuff in favor of a CarPC, I picked up a CarNetix box. It supplies power to both the mainboard and a monitor and also has the amp remote turn on leads in it. Im not sure if it would be of any real benefit for your setup though.

Re: Torque Pro, its a great program, just get a quality OBDII connector.

One question though, isn't the MS3 a full standalone, therefore, it doesnt use the OBDII connector? Thats how it is on my EMS2 at least

And yea, Im going to take some more vids today and upload them to the dash cam thread in Car Talk.

Oh, and
^^^ yes MS3 is a full standalone system....

but i havent gotten the ms3 in my possession yet so havent played around with it....will keep this thread updated

I can give you my "audio experience" recommendations right now = iPOD + high quality ear buds

The TL Diet - Radio Delete (click here)

Did I miss a good thread somewhere where something happened?

Or, this "slowness feeling" could had been from the Zero-G effect that I keep mentioning.

"Zero G-force Feeling" (click here).

I was shocked that it is not felt just by the driver. Passengers can perceive this illusion too. One time the wife and I had to take a trip in my car. This was the first time that she had been in my car in a long time. My wife, like most females in general, is sensitive to speed and acceleration. When I drive her car and we are together, She is quick to make comments like "why you pushing the gas so hard?"

But when she was in my car, she could not believe that we were doing 100 mph. She actually was shocked and thought I was joking and she leaned over to view the speedometer. When I accelerated hard, I asked her what she felt and she answered that she felt nothing. This Zero G-force is some weird zhit. This is why I would not take someone in my car to try impressing them with how quick my car was.... they would think that my car was the slowest piece of zhit on the planet . If I wanted to impress someone with my car's quickness, I would have them be in another car beside me.

I know one reason that IHC will say that the ebrake is good for - to force the ass end around in a turn.

I always make sure that mine gets washed/detailed before I take pics of my updates. So in real life, my car looks that good for about one or two days before brake dust and a rain shower destroys it. Then for the remaining 4-8 weeks, it don't look so hot until the next wash.

No, no, no, no, no..... you can't be adding stuff. NO.

How much does this stuff weigh?........ nevermind.... NO!

I have "been there and done that" when I was younger with my weekend-only car. I highly suggest that you don't remove the HVAC. Big mistake. I learned the hard way. Other than the obvious, the HVAC also keeps the windows from fogging up (and don't underestimate this point).
WOW you have no idea how much i agree with everything in this post....

1> Ipod + headphone, wont work....me and me wifey like muzik LOL....we drove the Dallas....and never turned on the video but just the fact of not having a radio will bother me LOL....
2> Kingkiong_dav is annoying IHC and other members by posting some flase information....think he is trying to get under everyone's skin like justnspace first did but yeah i have faith in him
3> yeah the HVAC is the thing bothering me....not sure which way imma swing....i know by deleting the HVAC you get the compressor off and run a smaller belt....more gains to be freed....

Your remote turn on can be triggered by anything...accessory fuse, for instance.
damn am smart....i understood that stuff from the first post....

or you might have just written it well

what about the 5AT controls (aka, PCM)?
I thnk Rodney is working on something which will be able to control those functions....

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
very ambitious here swoosh...i'm sub'd.

i need to shed some weight from my car too. my heavy 19's and 12" JL sub don't help much

hmm...where to start

that is how am starting bro....and you can get to 200-300 pounds weight loss without much effort....

empty the trunk, dampers, under hood and under car pieces, low fuel, low wiper fluid....

thats 200 odd pounds right there....

^ The front and rear bumpers are a great place to start. Then the spare tire and jack. Don't fill up your fuel tank... get a half tank or less at a time.
THIS

Unfortunately I cant keep my car at half a tank. I drive quite a lot for work, and just dont have the time to constantly stop and fill up.
^^^ hahha.....i feel ya....more time at gas stations than driving

yet, i have not taken out anything which am missing....or used....lost 260 lbs and no functions lost....add seats to it (~100 lbs) and you have 350 lbs lost and not lost any functions

even thow i add the galaxy tab, i dont think i will be loosing anything....yeah CD changer but well rip them CD's braaahhh....

Last edited by swoosh; 03-16-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:51 PM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
i've got both of those weights removed. spare tire and jack are removed. and i only drive on weekends now, so the gas tank thing is do-able for sure.

yeah i imagine that would be a pain in the ass.

sorry for cluttering your thread swoosh!

Quick Reply: swoosh's build thread....the HIGH PROTEIN DIET !!! (Updated Pics-Page 74-7/12/15)