Acura: TLX News

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 02:31 AM
More On

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by jackspat2
I don't think my TL pics are worthy
I agree with teh others, and not only that -- if I remember right, your original title for your thread was one of the all-time Club highlights -- as was Prov's casually mentioning that he had "edited" it.

("teh" -- in honor and anticipation of 1killercls and bootyman)
Old 07-04-2003, 11:04 AM
Burning Brakes

I don't know, I am not a retangular exhaust fan, so I don't really like it, or at least the back.

hey larch, good to see you around again..
Old 07-04-2003, 11:21 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's what some people said about the TSX when it came out. I love it and will probably get a TL after my TSX lease is up. If it ever gets here that is.
Old 07-04-2003, 11:41 AM
Integral & Acurate TSXer

RE: Exhaust-

If you look at the back of the tsx, the exhaust pipes have a surrounding cone that gives it its shape and final polished look. perhaps this tl that was spotted did not have these outer exhaust pipes- and maybe the final production tl will look much the same as the concept (exhaust wise)

What do you guys think?

J.
Old 07-04-2003, 11:45 AM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

I don't have that much of a problem with it, especially since I'm pleased with the overall design. But, if they can't do a better job of cleaning it up, I will definitely be looking at some mods too address that.
Old 07-04-2003, 12:02 PM
Burning Brakes

i can't really be called a "source", but I do have some strong dealer connections. Not your typical dealer either I should note. The 6MT will be available only in limited production, as in a couple thousand models. I haven't heard on the HPT thing, but my guess is the same as your speculation that it's a sporty version. I would say stiffer suspension (many regular 5AT buyers still want a very soft ride), brembos, etc. Adaptive cruise control will be offered. And finally, pricing is expected to stay about the same or increase only slightly.

Not sure if that's anything new, but it's what I've gathered from some dealer connections up high.
Old 07-04-2003, 12:05 PM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

Originally posted by RJC RSX
i can't really be called a "source", but I do have some strong dealer connections. Not your typical dealer either I should note. The 6MT will be available only in limited production, as in a couple thousand models. I haven't heard on the HPT thing, but my guess is the same as your speculation that it's a sporty version. I would say stiffer suspension (many regular 5AT buyers still want a very soft ride), brembos, etc. Adaptive cruise control will be offered. And finally, pricing is expected to stay about the same or increase only slightly.

Not sure if that's anything new, but it's what I've gathered from some dealer connections up high.
Thanks for the info man. Keep us posted with any updates!

Not sure if you recognize me from Vtec.net but I got my dealer referral from you. I have my deposit at Pohanka Acura
Old 07-04-2003, 01:40 PM
Intermediate

Its interesting that Acura is offering Carmel as an interior color. If done right it can look really cool with black accents. Volvo S60-R and FX45 offer this combo.

Old 07-04-2003, 03:26 PM
Pro

If I remember, the look of the exhaust finishers was to mimic the trapizod look seen in the rest of the car.
Old 07-04-2003, 04:17 PM
Pro

Originally posted by VtecMW
Nah man, your effort made history. You had most of the Honda/Acura sites buzzing with your photos. I mean, I have to agree with the comment that better pictures of sasquatch have been seen! That's alright though. You gave it your best effort with no forewarning!

Put them up. If we squint our eyes enough we can use them to compare against the spy photos!

I'm buying a disposable.
Old 07-04-2003, 04:42 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Jackspat's '04 TL spy shots

Here ya go ... this is from a while ago where jackspat used his phone camera to capture the '04 TL on the streets in CA:

Old 07-04-2003, 06:02 PM
Pro

woohoo!
Old 07-04-2003, 06:06 PM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

Jack, in the last photo the yellow side marker in the front crease doesn't appear to be lit. Do you know if the car had the sidemarker in the crease or was there a turn signal on the mirror?
Old 07-04-2003, 08:57 PM
Pro

Jack, in the last photo the yellow side marker in the front crease doesn't appear to be lit. Do you know if the car had the sidemarker in the crease or was there a turn signal on the mirror?
I can't remember on the top of my head. I was doing too many things at once while I was driving. Going 60 down hill, one person decided to call my cell phone (camera). To answer your question, I don't think the TL had lights in the mirror, but rather lights on the side where the crease was. Remember, this is just a prototype TL, a lot of changes are going to be made to this car.
Old 07-05-2003, 03:36 AM
Pro

<------

That's a pic of me by the way~
Old 07-05-2003, 02:41 PM
OG

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Now for some official exterior colors...

Anthracite
Nighthawk Black
Abyss Blue
Redondo Red
Desert Mist
White Pearl
Silver Metallic

Interior colors...

Carmel
Parchment
Ebony
Quartz
Old 07-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

Wow, that's quite a color selection. I'm still going with black. Now, I need to make up my mind as to whether I'll get a black interior or quartz interior.

Anyone have any Acura quartz interior pics?

Justin, What's HPT??? We're all curious to know!

Old 07-05-2003, 02:48 PM
OG

Wow, that's quite a color selection. I'm still going with black. Now, I need to make up my mind as to whether I'll get a black interior or quartz interior.

Anyone have any Acura quartz interior pics?

Justin, What's HPT??? We're all curious to know!

To be honest...I don't know what "HPT" is yet
The following users liked this post:
cairo333 (07-10-2019)
Old 07-05-2003, 02:50 PM
Pro

Abyss Blue? I wonder what shade that is? I'm glad Anthracite
is back as I'm tired of black cars. Every car I've bought has been black and I'm tried of trying to keep it clean.
Old 07-05-2003, 02:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by justinjsw
To be honest...I don't know what "HPT" is yet
but your educated insider's guess tells you...
Old 07-05-2003, 03:00 PM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

Originally posted by Precision Crafted
Abyss Blue? I wonder what shade that is? I'm glad Anthracite
is back as I'm tired of black cars. Every car I've bought has been black and I'm tried of trying to keep it clean.
Is Anthracite like Carbon Gray on the TSX??
Old 07-05-2003, 03:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the info man. Keep us posted with any updates!

Not sure if you recognize me from Vtec.net but I got my dealer referral from you. I have my deposit at Pohanka Acura
Yup I think I remember you from TOV. Who did you end up leaving your desposit with? I'm going to pohanka monday to get my RSX serviced, so I'll see if I'm able to find out anything new.
Old 07-05-2003, 03:31 PM
Pro

Is Anthracite like Carbon Gray on the TSX??
The current TL and CL have it. In person, CG is darker than Anthricite.
Old 07-05-2003, 04:35 PM
10th Gear

justin: are there going to be more than one interior for white? Is black interior going to be available with a white car? Also anyone else think ( or wishes) that "HPT" might stand for "Hybrid PowerTrain"? It'd be cool if it did huh?
Old 07-05-2003, 07:06 PM
Pro

Originally posted by teo409
justin: are there going to be more than one interior for white? Is black interior going to be available with a white car? Also anyone else think ( or wishes) that "HPT" might stand for "Hybrid PowerTrain"? It'd be cool if it did huh?
While I think it would be cool, if I remember correctly the "HPT" (whatever it stands for) will ONLY be available on the 6 speed manual Nav & Non Nav models leading me to believe it's a High Performance Touring model (slightly stiffer suspension, larger wheels, LSD ??). It just makes sense because most buyers who want all out performance will buy the manual transmission model whereas most (all ?) Hybrid cars I have seen are Automatic.

In any even, what do I know, I'm just a guessing.
Old 07-05-2003, 07:49 PM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

Yup I think I remember you from TOV. Who did you end up leaving your desposit with? I'm going to pohanka monday to get my RSX serviced, so I'll see if I'm able to find out anything new.
I left my deposit with Canthony Cowherd. See if you can find out when Acura plans to officially release the car, as well as any other specs they can confirm!

Old 07-05-2003, 09:18 PM
10th Gear

While I think it would be cool, if I remember correctly the "HPT" (whatever it stands for) will ONLY be available on the 6 speed manual Nav & Non Nav models leading me to believe it's a High Performance Touring model (slightly stiffer suspension, larger wheels, LSD ??). It just makes sense because most buyers who want all out performance will buy the manual transmission model whereas most (all ?) Hybrid cars I have seen are Automatic.
jwaters943: Well this could be the Hybrid Performance car that Honda has been promising us. Which makes sense that it would only come with a manual since it will be the first Honda/Acura car with the performance version of Honda's "Hybrid PowerTrain". And since it will be the hi performance version of the TL it probably would come with the stiffer suspension, larger wheels and lsd. Anyone else agree?
Old 07-05-2003, 09:23 PM
Moderator Alumnus

If HPT = Hybrid Power Train then
Old 07-05-2003, 09:43 PM
Yeah..

Yeah, that would make me have to shell out the extra monetary thingies needed to get the TL instead of the TSX.
Old 07-05-2003, 11:26 PM
Burning Brakes

I left my deposit with Canthony Cowherd. See if you can find out when Acura plans to officially release the car, as well as any other specs they can confirm!

back on that other "forum" someone gave the release date already, i think it was october 6 or something. I'm not sure how reliable that info is, I've been hearing late august, early sept, but I'll see what i can find out.
Old 07-06-2003, 12:39 AM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

back on that other "forum" someone gave the release date already, i think it was october 6 or something. I'm not sure how reliable that info is, I've been hearing late august, early sept, but I'll see what i can find out.
Not the release date as in when it goes on sale. I mean press release, when are we going to see the production model. I'm thinking there should be some sort of announcement within the next month or two.

Old 07-06-2003, 01:05 AM
Instructor

Justin, thanks a lot for the colors!!!! Nice to have you over here!!!!
Old 07-06-2003, 09:14 AM
Racer

I don't know guys, from the pics of the black one above, the car doesn't look so hot. Perhaps it's the color or maybe the angle of the shot.

Comments?
Old 07-06-2003, 09:54 AM
Pro

Originally posted by 93Kewl
I don't know guys, from the pics of the black one above, the car doesn't look so hot. Perhaps it's the color or maybe the angle of the shot.

Comments?
It is somewhat hard to tell from the pics, but in my opinion it looks better than the current model. It has a more defined wedge shape. I never really cared how the current TLs rear end sloped downwards...it looks droopy to my eye. Whereas the rear end of the new TL looks like the previous generation A4 mixed with some subtle Caddilac CTS styling cues.

As for the front, I really can't tell much due to the huge bra covering the grill/headlights.
Old 07-06-2003, 10:58 AM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

Comments?
Black doesn't look very good in the spy photo. Then again, we have to take it for what it is, a spy photo. We have yet to see the car trimmed with any type of accents, e.g. chrome window sills, Acura badges, wheels.

I will say one thing, the entire front of the car seems to be quite low. I'd say even lower than the TSX. The NA Accord is rather low in the front as well.

The car is very dirty too. Someone please kick my ass if you ever see my TL that dirty and I'm not in the desert.

Old 07-06-2003, 11:26 AM
Instructor

I don't know guys, from the pics of the black one above, the car doesn't look so hot. Perhaps it's the color or maybe the angle of the shot. Comments?
I would reserve final judgement until we really see the car, but I'm guessing it is the color. Black is not a good color to photo cars in because it hides the lines of the car and that is probably why the test car was in black too. So if seen on the streets it would be harder to see with all the tape and stuff hiding the front and back.
Old 07-06-2003, 12:22 PM
OG

Sorry to disappoint but HPT is not a hybrid powertrain. And the release date of the TL will be in Oct. All this guessing reminds me of Jan 03. All I can say is be ready to be blown away. There will be no "theres not enough HP/torque threads". I normally don't like to post guesses so again I will stick with the facts and post them when I can.
Old 07-06-2003, 12:28 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by justinjsw
Sorry to disappoint but HPT is not a hybrid powertrain. And the release date of the TL will be in Oct. All this guessing reminds me of Jan 03. All I can say is be ready to be blown away. There will be no "theres not enough HP/torque threads". I normally don't like to post guesses so again I will stick with the facts and post them when I can.
So maybe they are going to break the 300HP barrier?

We gotta get SCMav07 over here ... he has seen the '04 TL manual and maybe can post some more tidbits from his Honda HQ summer job.
Old 07-06-2003, 12:36 PM
OG

Originally posted by provench
So maybe they are going to break the 300HP barrier?

We gotta get SCMav07 over here ... he has seen the '04 TL manual and maybe can post some more tidbits from his Honda HQ summer job.
Sorry to disappoint again but it will not break the 300HP barrier.
Old 07-06-2003, 01:01 PM
Racer

Sorry to disappoint again but it will not break the 300HP barrier.
It doesnt have to.

BTW, are we talking Maxima (New) size or something more along the lines of a G35? The Maxima is relly nice but a bit too big for my tastes.

Quick Reply: Acura: TLX News