Rough Idle, Occasional Stall on Startup

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 02:47 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rough Idle, Occasional Stall on Startup

Hello,
I have a 1999 Acura 3.2TL, I bought it about a month ago and have had no problems other than a bad alternator and battery but both were replaced and it seemed to be running fine, up until a recent development of a problem. When I turn the car on, usually after it's still warm from previous driving or in warm weather, it goes to where it normally idles at 800-1000rpm, but then the car starts to stutter, and the rpms drop in steps from 800, to 600, to 400, etc. I thought it might be a problem with the fuel delivery, but when I tap on the gas pedal and bring the revs back up to about 1500-2000, it settles back to 900 and doesn't stutter or have any problems at all for the rest of the trip. Sometimes I have to rev it multiple times for it to settle back into a smooth idle but once it does, there's no other problems with it until I turn the car off and back on again. Could it just be as simple as a gunked throttle body or might there be another more serious issue?

thanks for any support you have!
Old 04-06-2017, 07:20 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same issue and cant figure out what it is.. Did you solve your issue?