opinions on ebay rotors and pads?

Old 06-29-2014, 10:10 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
opinions on ebay rotors and pads?

im looking to buy all 4 rotors and pads for my 2006 tsx and seems like theres alot of drilled and slotted rotors on there for a half decent deal with pads 120$ with ceramic pads has anyone ran them on there tsx ive ran a pair on my old accord 10 years ago wasnt to bad but cracked from the drilled part after about a year
Old 06-30-2014, 07:50 PM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by D-Ramey
im looking to buy all 4 rotors and pads for my 2006 tsx and seems like theres alot of drilled and slotted rotors on there for a half decent deal with pads 120$ with ceramic pads has anyone ran them on there tsx ive ran a pair on my old accord 10 years ago wasnt to bad but cracked from the drilled part after about a year

I would definitely buy rotors. 4 Powersport rotors drilled an slotted for $135 delivered is a good deal and should last. Be sure to clean off the pad build up every now and then, as that can often be misread as a warped rotor. I use Wagner ThermoQuiet pads ($55 from Amazon delivered for fronts and rears). Quiet, work fine for a DD, and the cleanest I've ever used.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:30 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Any "drilled" rotor will crack. The only way to have holes in the disk, and not have it cracked, is to cast the rotor with the holes as part of the mold. It also helps if the "holes" don't go all the way though and are really just dimples. You might say I see high end cars with factory drilled rotors Porsche, Mercedes, BMW etc. yes because those are cast with the holes in them and the holes are designed with anti-cracking in mind, so the structural integrity is not compromised like it is in a drilled rotor.
If the 'look' is what you are going for I would suggest slotted over drilled. They work, look nice, don't crack and in fact will prevent stop and go traffic glazing.
I had drilled Brembo rotors and they cracked, especially after winter where salt is used. Now I have slotted Stoptech, no cracks at all.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:14 AM
What's in your

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought a set of front and rear drilled and slotted rotors from eBay. I regret it because these feel like a cheese grater for the brake pads. I gave up on these because the pads do not last long compared to using blank rotors.

If you're using the car for daily use, I would suggest to use blanks. They are cheaper and you can get them turned when they warp. If you are comparing price, I would get them from autozone. They offer Duralast which includes a 2-3 year warranty so if anything happens, bring them in and you can get them swapped out for a new pair.

I have a friend that bought autozone rotors for tracking his car. He warps the hell out of them and trades it in all the time lol.

It goes the same for brake pads. They will swap them out when the life is near dead. Overall, it isn't like OEM quality, but I get the bang for the buck. I no longer need to buy a new pair. Just take it in and get them swapped out under warranty.

It's all up to you though! Try it out and see what you think of them. You can always revert back.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 350 Likes on 287 Posts
Don't purchase eBay rotors. You're definitely going to regret it. We have brake packages specifically made for Acurazine members that are both affordable and provide you with added performance/appearance. Each package consists of Stoptech Rotors and Stoptech Street Performance Pads. If you don't want the Street pads and would like the Ceramics, just let us know and we can swap those out for you.

We have a blank package, a slotted package, and a drilled/slotted package. On the street you're really not going to notice a difference in the performance of the rotors. On the track however, a drilled rotor will out perform a drilled & slotted rotor which will out perform a slotted rotor which will out perform a blank rotor. However, the slotted rotor is more durable than drilled & slotted which is more durable than a drilled rotor. On the street you won't notice a difference.

If you're interested in a setup, please feel free to PM me for more info.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:45 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^ this i had ebay rotors and they suck. I went with a good aftermarket brand and there is a big difference.

I dont like that Chinese crap.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:47 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hate to play devil's advocate here, but I've been running Brakemotive brakes (they only sell on Ebay) for over a year now and I can't complain about how well they work. I take the TSX on drives through our local mountains, highway traffic (San Diego/Orange County), and normal streets - Definite daily driver).

I got my set for $160 for all 4 discs and pads... best purchase yet. Lots of good reviews on google too from other car forums.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by poppasmerph
Hate to play devil's advocate here, but I've been running Brakemotive brakes (they only sell on Ebay) for over a year now and I can't complain about how well they work. I take the TSX on drives through our local mountains, highway traffic (San Diego/Orange County), and normal streets - Definite daily driver).

I got my set for $160 for all 4 discs and pads... best purchase yet. Lots of good reviews on google too from other car forums.
You're not alone. I had a set of rotors and pads from an ebay vendor and I got a ton of miles out of them without any problems. I'd buy there again without reservation. Like tires and wheels, for a DD, you don't need to spend big money to get a decent product.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:16 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
eBay is said by everyone like its a brand. Ebay can be a great place to buy stuff if you know how to use it.

Buy a name BRAND of part that works for you. If a vendor doesn't specify an actual name brand, their inventory can change for any reason...and the effects are unpredictable.

Stoptech street performance is a good brand. They help cure the pulsing rotor issue on the TSX. They're like a mixed track/strert pad. Better performance than the HPS. On par with the HP+....but with no corrosive dust or insane rotor wear. They do dust quite a bit, but the dust is harmless and it washes off.

It looks like XLR8 is offering them at a good price. Rockauto also carries them under "Centric Stoptech Street Performance". I'd use them with blank rotors. I use and have used centric blank rotors on my track cars (S2000, ITR, etc), as well as all my street sets.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:22 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ExcelerateRep
On the track however, a drilled rotor will out perform a drilled & slotted rotor which will out perform a slotted rotor which will out perform a blank rotor.
No....IDK about all that.....