Why are BMW drivers jerks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 12:48 AM
Cruisin' the Azine's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vitocorleone
It definitely is not every BMW driver. However, I don't often use stereotypes, but sometimes they do exist for a reason, and this is one of those stereotypes that has a lot of anecdotal proof to support it.

Males are definitely worse than females. BMW drivers are definitely worse than MB drivers. Around Seattle, I usually have more problems with crazy modded/wanna-be modded Hondas than MBs - but BMWs still regularlye win the "I'm a big arse" award for driving.

BMW marketing seems to attract younger drivers, whereas MB seems to still attract more of the older crowd. Again, that's what I've observed around here, anyway.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:02 AM
Banned

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by BusyShifter
I have been waiting for your reply. But I am disappointed of your weak rebuttal.

Funny, but also expected, how you keep hanging around in this forum. It's all good. Haven't see your write anything about your new wheel. Why don't you post one?
Why? You want me to get banned by saying how much I *love* my new 325i? This is a TSX forum for God' sake! And a TSX I would have got if there wasn't a 20% discount on my BMW lease.

Weak rebuttal #2.

Here is a picture anyway
Old 04-17-2005, 10:18 AM
Race Director

i drive like an asshole all the time

my brother has a bimmer, hes not much of a jerk, well, actually, yea he is.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh my god you guys are so ignorant.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:45 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?

Porcupines, keeps its pricks on the outside ...
Old 04-17-2005, 01:48 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Love that joke... usually I use mustangs though
Old 04-18-2005, 06:54 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mclarenf3387

Oh my god you guys are so ignorant.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:55 AM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My favorite bimmer drivers are the guys that can barely afford one, but get it because its a status symbol. You can tell who they are at the club. They pull up in front of the door for valet so everyone sees them get out of it. Then they walk around the club with the same drink all night because they can't afford more than one due to the overpriced car payment.....or lease because they couldn't afford to actually own it.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:29 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
Love that joke... usually I use mustangs though
Speaking of which, it's a particular new Mustang I'd like to be driving when I encounter all those pricks on the road - like the 50 year-old woman I saw today with the big sparkler on her finger, driving a silver Lamborghini Gallardo. She didn't really seem to know how to drive this car, but she deliberately took up two spots in the tiny parking lot servicing the bank I go to. Just saying: "Look at me, look at me, I'm a self-absorbed, filthy, stinking rich twat that has more money than she knows what to do with."

Can you say Shelby Cobra GT500? Gimmie the car below - with its close to 500 bhp - so that I can scare the crap out of the idiot Bimmer owners and the pretentious MILFS like the one I saw today...

Old 04-19-2005, 08:44 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by xizor

OMG
Old 04-20-2005, 11:40 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Falconer
Can you say Shelby Cobra GT500? Gimmie the car below - with its close to 500 bhp - so that I can scare the crap out of the idiot Bimmer owners and the pretentious MILFS like the one I saw today...
Blah!!! I hate fords. GM will always outmuscle Ford... 2006 Z06 Corvette..ooh baby!!! I want one, I took a test drive in the normal 2005 Corvette and my god what a ride it is!!! I just unfortunately don't have the money to pay for one nor the insurance

Old 04-21-2005, 12:07 AM
Advanced

Here in Calif Bay Area, especially Silicon Valley, you see huge numbers of high-end cars of all kinds, including exotics. There are more Boxsters than Miatas, more Bimmers than Buicks. In my opinion the BMW 5-series drivers are THE worst--way more annoying than Porsche, M3, Corvette drivers, or drivers of any other fast cars.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:21 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by goddsmack
Blah!!! I hate fords. GM will always outmuscle Ford... 2006 Z06 Corvette..ooh baby!!! I want one, I took a test drive in the normal 2005 Corvette and my god what a ride it is!!! I just unfortunately don't have the money to pay for one nor the insurance

Not for the price point, dude. The Shelby will have 500 ft lbs of torque, 0-60 in 4.0 seconds at $40K. Best of all, it has the Shelby legacy. You'd have to compare the POS Pontiac GTO to the Stang, and once again, the Stang wins on everything: looks, performance, price, etc, etc, etc.

As to the C6 Z06, yeah, it's nice, but the Ford GT supercar (a more accurate competitor) will blow its doors off in acceleration and handling, just like Ford smoked Ferrari in the late 60s - three years in a row and 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.

Then there's the Shelby GR-1 (soon to see production)...

Once again, Ford outmuscles GM.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:12 AM
Racer

I highly doubt they think they're arrogant, that isn't something that people would think of themselves, by the way, my friend has a 6 series and he's a jerk driver
Old 04-21-2005, 08:15 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackAc036
I highly doubt they think they're arrogant, that isn't something that people would think of themselves, by the way, my friend has a 6 series and he's a jerk driver
Of course they don't think they're bad drivers. If they did, they might actually try to correct the problem and BMW can't allow that. Ruins the image...
Old 11-01-2005, 06:37 PM
Just dial 1911

ewwww, this was a good one :dog:
Old 11-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Banned

BMW drivers are jerks.
Someone told me a joke once.

A porcupine has pricks on the outside.

*and stop bumping all of these BMW threads.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:45 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by Nikki

*and stop bumping all of these BMW threads.
Yes, your highness
Old 11-01-2005, 08:13 PM
Racer

THE FORD GT IS IN ITS LAST YEAR OF PRODUCTION. IT WILL NOT BE SOLD IN 2006 BECUASE ITS BUMPER IS BELOW REGULATIONS YEA I KNO IT SUCKS SO GM'S CORVETTE WE WIN THE BATTLE. even tho i like the corvette

AND ABOUT THE BMW DRIVERS IS BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY R REAL MEN CUZ THEY BOUGHT A NICE CAR BUT THEY R JUST TRYING 2 MAKE UP FOR THE MANLINESS THEY DONT HAVE IF U CATCH MY DRIFT...
Old 11-01-2005, 08:51 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 04EuroAccordTsx
I've been driving on the highway the last few days and I've observed 3 times a guy or lady in a BMW (3 or 5 series) is swerving around traffic and tailgating other cars.
I don't know why BMW drivers think they're all arrogant.

You Serious? Most BMW owners here in Seattle are either Medical Doc's or Lawyers, Here its the Subaru drivers that drive like numbnuts! It must be from all the PowerBars that they eat!
Old 11-02-2005, 12:07 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nikki
BMW drivers are jerks.
Someone told me a joke once.

A porcupine has pricks on the outside.
Someone already told that joke on page 2 of the thread...
Old 11-02-2005, 12:20 AM
Pro

holy thread-surrection, batman!
Old 11-02-2005, 12:42 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
I've been a regular on these boards for awhile researching and waiting for the 06's to come out, learning valuable things from many of you. I can honestly say I'm pretty shocked at this thread. It is very much out of character for this board. I have seen plenty of this sort of thing on other boards and frankly it brings the whole level of respect down. I'm surprised a moderator didn't close it.. but then I see moderators joining in the name calling. If you want to find jerks all you have to do is look in this thread. I've spent a fair amount of time in 3-series threads also and they don't stoop to the name calling and car bigotry I see in this thread. Frankly I have a lower opinion of TSX owners after reading this. Funny how someone in a TSX takes a video of himself racing on the public streets... at night... going close to 100 mph and all here cheer.... yet those same people will accuse drivers of cars they appearently are jealous they can't afford of speeding. There are many ways to be jerks in your cars. Loud exhausts are one of my favorites. I find many inconsiderate drivers out there and they drive all sorts of cars. If there were as many TSX's on the road as 3-series I'm sure people would think TSX drivers are jerks too. This thread serves no purpose. Someone please close it.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:29 AM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by vitocorleone
holy thread-surrection, batman!
yeah... holy $#*%... my last post in this thread was back in April... got me a bit as to when I got subscribed to this thread...

even more when I scrolled down to see pix of Corvette, GT40, etc. when the title is about BMW
Old 11-02-2005, 09:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mitlov
Someone already told that joke on page 2 of the thread...
Sorry, I didn't bother reading the stuff people said 2 years ago, it's still a good joke.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:41 AM
Banned

I hang out with alot of BMW and Audi owner's due to the fact I own an 03 A4 as well. TBO, they praise my TSX for the stock power it has and it's plush interior. I oftenly go to their meets in my TSX and get respect from these guys, and believe it or not some of them are still JDM owners with imports that are faster than their Euro's. Not all Bimmer drivers are jerks, IMO, and honestly there are some TSX'ers that are jerks too. I've tried to give a thumbs up to a TSX'er the other day and he just had his nose in the air like he was something else. It's not the car's fault, but the ego of the person driving it, that's just my
Old 11-02-2005, 10:04 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Geez, stop with the generalizations. Not all BMW drivers are jerks. 95% of them give the rest a bad rep.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:48 AM
Instructor

[QUOTE=stogie1020]Lots of Jetta drivers were like that when they first came out with the ?last? body style.QUOTE]

jetta drivers suck. although in respect to BMW drivers (my dad owns a 645 ci) its usually the young guys and teenagers with older 3's and 5's that put on fake bages and are really cocky/rude about their driving . its got something to do with being YOUNG and having a german engineered luxury car. and women are just poor drivers period. (great hellen keller joke on that). everyone i know whos older and has either a 6-series or 7-series (and some 5-series) are good drivers and nice guys. but yeah i do agree, that their are a lot of 3-series drivers that are a**holes (whats the ACURAZINE cursing rule?)...

Old 11-02-2005, 11:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jlukja
Geez, stop with the generalizations. Not all BMW drivers are jerks. 95% of them give the rest a bad rep.
A lot of them are though, especially here in S. Florida.
I'm not a jerk.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:33 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
I've been a regular on these boards for awhile researching and waiting for the 06's to come out, learning valuable things from many of you. I can honestly say I'm pretty shocked at this thread. It is very much out of character for this board. I have seen plenty of this sort of thing on other boards and frankly it brings the whole level of respect down. I'm surprised a moderator didn't close it.. but then I see moderators joining in the name calling. If you want to find jerks all you have to do is look in this thread. I've spent a fair amount of time in 3-series threads also and they don't stoop to the name calling and car bigotry I see in this thread. Frankly I have a lower opinion of TSX owners after reading this. Funny how someone in a TSX takes a video of himself racing on the public streets... at night... going close to 100 mph and all here cheer.... yet those same people will accuse drivers of cars they appearently are jealous they can't afford of speeding. There are many ways to be jerks in your cars. Loud exhausts are one of my favorites. I find many inconsiderate drivers out there and they drive all sorts of cars. If there were as many TSX's on the road as 3-series I'm sure people would think TSX drivers are jerks too. This thread serves no purpose. Someone please close it.
Geez, get the sand out of your vagina. Everyone has an opinion, deal with it...
Old 11-02-2005, 12:41 PM
Drifting

as much as i love being back in la, the traffic and drivers are just as bad as anywhere else. doesn't help when people want to drive their nice new 325 in the left lane at 60 mph on their cell phone.

btw, have bmw and mb developed any interval-based illumination technology yet? nevermind, i guess i wouldn't be able to tell anyway....
Old 11-02-2005, 12:45 PM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

Well said. 5% of the world are jerks and they make 90% of the trouble. And comprise 95% of the U.S. Senate.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:58 PM
Banned

bmw drivers are like that because they drive the ultimate driving machine and they think they are superior than you, you guys havent noticed this since the longest time? and all you here in acurazine love and defend bimmers , i find that as if you all agree that bmw and its drivers are superior.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by handsomegorge
bmw drivers are like that because they drive the ultimate driving machine and they think they are superior than you, you guys havent noticed this since the longest time? and all you here in acurazine love and defend bimmers , i find that as if you all agree that bmw and its drivers are superior.
Yes, it appears lots here on AZ also appreciate and admire BMW cars... the fact of the matter is that most of us here can indeed afford an equally equipped BMW (vs TSX) easily (I know I can). Many here also are both TSX and BMW owners. I myself am an previous BMW owner who is open-minded enough that I will possibly continue to buy Acura as well as BMW... and other similarly refined automobiles too. If one can afford the refined products that are of area of interest, why not? But doesn't mean owning those have to turn me in a cocky SOB

In my mind (may not be true for most other current/previous BMW owners ) I don't agree that just because I have something that maybe on average more "superior" means the owner/user is also "superior".
Old 11-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Racer

I'm not a BMW basher, just a Ford basher...lol.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:52 AM
Advanced

Former BMW owner

I owned a 2003 325 and only kept it a year and a half. Didn't trust it (3 recalls), got a speeding ticket from a cop who seemed to have a real attitude for BMW drivers, and just didn't like the arrogance associated with the BMW "mystique". Traded it for a new Honda accord V6 with more power and more peace of mind. I'll never go German again.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:42 PM
Intermediate

Honestly, because they can beat your TSX.
If you think bimmer drivers are jerks, go check out some ferrari drivers if you ever see any.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Intermediate

Easy answer. If you just dropped $40k+ for a 200hp engine with nothing with it, you would be pissed too...
Old 11-05-2005, 09:53 PM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by zack
Easy answer. If you just dropped $40k+ for a 200hp engine with nothing with it, you would be pissed too...
And which BMW model would this be?
Old 11-06-2005, 07:02 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by waTSX
And which BMW model would this be?
Does it really matter? The 325 has a range from 28-38k. The bottom one has nothing with it. Dollar for dollar it is a rip off imo. The 3 series really compares to the TL and not to the TSX. So.......people are paying for the badge and think they are above everyone.

Quick Reply: Why are BMW drivers jerks?