one KNOCK while making a 90 degree turn (left or right)

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 03:36 AM
Always a Honda =Þ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
one KNOCK while making a 90 degree turn (left or right)

when i turn the wheel to a certain point i hear a knock coming from the front driver side....i feel like its a some sort of joint..but not sure what...

any ideas?... i jus changed my upper control arm/ball joint .. shocks..rotors...pads...

it doesnt do it while sittin..only rolling... but while sitting i testing it out...turning the wheel left n right...n realized that when i turn the wheel slightly n LET IT GO .. i hear a lil tiny knock.. is that normal..i think it should stay smoooth right...

any suggestions.. thanks (i did hit the search button)
Old 12-17-2010, 08:49 AM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
sounds like you didn't get one or both of the control arm bolts tight enough to bend the ears so they bit into the teeth of the bushing.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Always a Honda =Þ

huh....so your saying to try and tighten both bolts?..

hm..could be it...cuz it was very uncomfortable...btw the noise stopped....but i know the problem didnt just disappear...
Old 03-23-2011, 09:16 AM
Always a Honda =Þ

still here with this damn mess of joints... clunk clunk..soft clunk then a hard clunk.. sounds horrifically horrible when im turning tight right and theres a bump or something.. i feel like the suspension separated and then came back together...sounds like i bottomed out like 3 times in a row..but impossible since im going slow and the bump wasnt a pothole or something.

also the same exact clunk when im going 60-80 and hit the brake for exits .. steering wheel is good...its not pads or rotors for sure...maybe something around idk.. ive taken it to a couple alignment shops....all say something different..

some say the upper control arm (changed) some say the the lower sway bar (bushings changed) som say the bushings on the top the strut (struts new bushings not) i kno i kno i shouldve changed the bushings.. but i didnt.. now what.. should i really go through with this job on my own... i havent been successful and im not beat for spending 300 at som shop and riding out with the noise and cant get my money back becuz the part they installed didnt take the noise away...

could the mini clunks while braking intensely be related to the loud clunks while driving normal or spirited.. if so HOW?????????????????
Old 03-23-2011, 09:27 AM
Always a Honda =Þ

off topic..but im not going to start a new thread....

my headlights hazing is annoyin i clean them and there back to haze in 3 months.... plus not clr clr u kno.. i searched n searched and found a pair for 200 without ballast BRAND NEW.... is this a deal? ... anyone know where to get them cheaper..or painted black already?
Old 03-23-2011, 09:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Polish them with a actual headlight polishing kit. Many come with a protectant to keep them from hazing
Old 03-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Always a Honda =Þ

fstty what about the clunk?
Old 03-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Always a Honda =Þ

Originally Posted by JterrorC
still here with this damn mess of joints... clunk clunk..soft clunk then a hard clunk.. sounds horrifically horrible when im turning tight right and theres a bump or something.. i feel like the suspension separated and then came back together...sounds like i bottomed out like 3 times in a row..but impossible since im going slow and the bump wasnt a pothole or something.

also the same exact clunk when im going 60-80 and hit the brake for exits .. steering wheel is good...its not pads or rotors for sure...maybe something around idk.. ive taken it to a couple alignment shops....all say something different..

some say the upper control arm (changed) some say the the lower sway bar (bushings changed) som say the bushings on the top the strut (struts new bushings not) i kno i kno i shouldve changed the bushings.. but i didnt.. now what.. should i really go through with this job on my own... i havent been successful and im not beat for spending 300 at som shop and riding out with the noise and cant get my money back becuz the part they installed didnt take the noise away...

could the mini clunks while braking intensely be related to the loud clunks while driving normal or spirited.. if so HOW?????????????????
bump for help
Old 03-25-2011, 03:12 PM
2003 TL-p

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
check to see if the upper control arm bushings have popped out of their seat, it happened to me.