Good Bye TSX, You Be Missed!

Old 10-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Bye TSX, You Be Missed!

Hey Guys,

I've been with you guys since '05 and haven't posted much, just keeping on the site for my questions answered for my TSX. I appreciate all the help through the years, but I've bit the bullet and put on order down for '11 Audi S4. I've researched a lot of cars (TL AW-SHD, V6 TSX, G37) but after test driving the Audi, it was the one for me. It sucks that I have to wait about 3 months to get my Audi but, will enjoy my TSX for a while.

-Cheers
Old 10-03-2010, 01:46 AM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Glad you enjoyed the TSX. Sadly, due to Audi's horrible track record for unreliability, I will never purchase an Audi or BMW for that matter.

Cheers.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:00 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by MJay919
Hey Guys,

I've been with you guys since '05 and haven't posted much, just keeping on the site for my questions answered for my TSX. I appreciate all the help through the years, but I've bit the bullet and put on order down for '11 Audi S4. I've researched a lot of cars (TL AW-SHD, V6 TSX, G37) but after test driving the Audi, it was the one for me. It sucks that I have to wait about 3 months to get my Audi but, will enjoy my TSX for a while.

-Cheers
Good luck with your Audi-hope it is better than the one my parents owned-spent more time at the dealer than with them-they finally traded it for a honda-
Old 10-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Intermediate

I've taken that into account before making my deposit for the car. Several of my family members had Audi's and I've known them to be at the dealership more than they are supposed to drive the car. I was going to upgrade to the TL AW-SHD but I could not get over the new look of the 4th Gen models. But, I've researched the Audi for a few years just to see what people are having issues with but with the B8 S4's, it's pretty solid from the owners go. I typically don't buy a new car after the 3rd year models come out. So hopefully all goes well.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
I've taken that into account before making my deposit for the car. Several of my family members had Audi's and I've known them to be at the dealership more than they are supposed to drive the car. I was going to upgrade to the TL AW-SHD but I could not get over the new look of the 4th Gen models. But, I've researched the Audi for a few years just to see what people are having issues with but with the B8 S4's, it's pretty solid from the owners go. I typically don't buy a new car after the 3rd year models come out. So hopefully all goes well.
You evidently have anecdotal evidence of your own regarding Audi's reliability, but I've had a number of them (including a 02 B5 S4 Avant) and have had great luck with them all (though I'll admit that I have never had one any longer than it's warranty). I've read their record has improved, so good luck with the car (and at around twice the price of a new TSX, I'd say you've definitely moved into a new neighborhood).
Old 10-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Intermediate

Yeah Simba, my family owned it in the early 2000's so it's been awhile since they had it (Now they own TL's & RL's, which they love of course). And based on your B5 S4, did you visit the service dept. a lot before you traded it in?? As far as moving up from the TSX, I have no kids currently and my wife and I have moved up since graduating college in '05 so I basically wanted a change from Japanese cars for a change. I know that the TSX will not be my last Acura but for now the S4 is what I'm going to stick to for the next few years or so. BTW, my wife is not really into cars so she is about the buy the RDX for herself so I'd say that we'll always will have a Honda/Acura of some sort. I tried to convince her to get the AWD TL but she likes SUV's a lot more.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:54 AM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Yeah Simba, my family owned it in the early 2000's so it's been awhile since they had it (Now they own TL's & RL's, which they love of course). And based on your B5 S4, did you visit the service dept. a lot before you traded it in?? As far as moving up from the TSX, I have no kids currently and my wife and I have moved up since graduating college in '05 so I basically wanted a change from Japanese cars for a change. I know that the TSX will not be my last Acura but for now the S4 is what I'm going to stick to for the next few years or so. BTW, my wife is not really into cars so she is about the buy the RDX for herself so I'd say that we'll always will have a Honda/Acura of some sort. I tried to convince her to get the AWD TL but she likes SUV's a lot more.
My S4 was not trouble free, but then it never left us stranded and never suffered anything that took it out service. It's ironic that a couple of things that needed attention were issues that have plagued the TSX. It needed a new battery (warranty), and it did suffer from warped rotors (warranty again). The only other memorable thing was a very small fluid leak from what could be best described as a transfer case (the clutch pack attached to the transmission that directed power to the rear wheels (warranty). And their free maintenance was a plus too. It was a fairly rare car and I had to fly to S. Carolina to find one (from Mass.). It was a year old at the time and had only 8K miles on it, but it was pretty much exactly what I wanted (silver w/AT). Though I would have preferred black seats (the seats were "silver")(that's Audi "speak" for white to you and me) (the rest of the interior was black though), it was close enough. I don't know about now, but Audi only sold like 1500-2000 S4's total in those days and very few of those were wagons (Avant's). I considered myself fortunate to have found that one used. Their dealer network is supposedly pretty good (my dealer was excellent) and if my transportation needs were different than they are right now, I could certainly see myself moving back to an Audi. They make a beautiful automobile, and since I've had quite a bit of experience with them, I've always taken what I read about them here with a grain of salt. Again, good luck with the car.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Congrats on the new car. I also just traded my TSX (04) for an RDX SH-AWD w/ Tech. We bought a house and have found it necessary to have something with a little more utility. I definitely miss my TSX - it's only been 2 weeks as of tomorrow - but the technology in the new car is great and it entertains me much better on my long commutes. It also rides smoother, which I like. Hopefully you will have good luck with your Audi.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:30 AM
built for speed

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The B8 S4 sounds like a great car from what I have read. I've driven the A4 on the same platform and it was good, so the S4 should be even better (for enthusiasts). Nothing will touch the reliability of a Honda/Acura product but the warranty should cover everything that comes up now. The Achilles' heel of the new S4 seems to be the plastic impeller or housing of the water pump. They are failing at an alarming rate but I believe the part has been changed in the manufacturing process so that all new cars off the line have the new part and should not be affected. Just make sure that the VIN of the one you order has the new part. Enjoy.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Intermediate

Well that's good to know Simba, I plan on buying I guess the Platinum Care for Audi just in case certain issues arise. From what I read, it's the highest you can get as far as the warranty goes. Like I said, I'll probably keep it well past it's intial warranty. My wife and I will pick up our '11 RDX SH-AWD w/ Tech sometime next week, we got black on black. And bbbuzzy, I saw that failure too on Audizine, I haven't seen any of the '11's with that issue yet, and yes I will look at the upcoming VIN to make sure it has the corrected part.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Well that's good to know Simba, I plan on buying I guess the Platinum Care for Audi just in case certain issues arise. From what I read, it's the highest you can get as far as the warranty goes. Like I said, I'll probably keep it well past it's intial warranty. My wife and I will pick up our '11 RDX SH-AWD w/ Tech sometime next week, we got black on black. And bbbuzzy, I saw that failure too on Audizine, I haven't seen any of the '11's with that issue yet, and yes I will look at the upcoming VIN to make sure it has the corrected part.
Your wife and I have the same car (or will soon). Good luck and enjoy both!
Old 10-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Intermediate

Yeah Luv, guess who has to clean the car lol?? Being the way I am, I'm happy to clean her car b/c she's not as anal as I am when it comes to our cars. But, I will definitely miss my TSX, I liked it for the interior (which at the time, I think it's still the best that Acura had by far). The gas mileage was pretty good as well. We got a good deal on the RDX which is why we hopped on it as soon as we could (33K for the SH w/ tech). It's funny b/c when my wife and I were shopping around for numbers for the S4, she didn't know what type of car it was and was kinda mad when she found out how much the car was worth. But, we only live once and while we don't have kids it's fine for now. I think when we do have kids, I'll probably keep the S4 and get a ZDX for me. That car is very sexy, it's the only Acura with the "beak" that I like.