TL: Installing Basslink Sub/ amp

Old 08-09-2009, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing Basslink Sub/ amp

2001 TL, stock audio.

assuming that my buy will come with all stock accessories.

how do i install the subwoofer if my audio system is currently all stock?

also, could i control the bass from my stock radio?

thanks in advance,

Patch
Old 08-14-2009, 01:35 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the Basslink and other similar products have the amplifier built in, so you need two things to make it work. Amplifier wiring from the battery and the audio signal from your stock radio.

If you buy the Basslink from Crutchfield.com they have a special right now and will include the amplifier wiring. Otherwise you'll need that. And you'll need the RCA wiring to go from the stock stereo.

The stock radio doesn't have RCA plugs, so you'll need an adapter of some type. Something like this: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127OEM2/PAC-OEM-2.html?tp=3486

If you have the Bose sound system, then you may have a stock subwoofer. And since the Basslink has speaker inputs also, you could disconnect and run speaker wire from the stock subwoofer. Also, the Basslink has a low-pass switch so you could even run regular speaker wire right from the rear speakers if you really wanted to save time, money and trouble. The low-pass will filter out the mid and treble and your Basslink will only reproduce the bass.

It might make a difference if you have navigation and/or Bose. You might want to consult a professional installer. Hopefully someone else here will give additional advice.

Controlling the bass will be as simple as controlling all the bass for the whole system. Aftermarket stereos have dedicated subwoofer channels which you can turn up or down, but with stock you would probably just have to adjust bass for all speakers.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:32 PM
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
My buddy has a basslink in his pathfinder, sounds really good for the size of the unit. You can set the volume and bass level on the unit and then just control the overall volume from the stock headunit. It also comes with a wire remote that you can mount anywhere on the dash to control the levels without having to run back to the trunk every time you want to adjust. I am interested to hear how well this thing works in a trunk, I know it is impressive in the open suv type.